Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Various Theater Giveaway Promotions For The LEGO Batman Movie

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Various Theater Giveaway Promotions For The LEGO Batman Movie

Postby Staff » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:58 pm

lego_batman_cinemark

Gosh, I can't believe it's LEGO Batman Movie day already. If you're like me and haven't bought your tickets yet, you should be aware of a couple of promotions that are going in at various theater chains. The attractiveness of each offer runs the gamut in my opinion, so without further ado here they are from best to worst:

Cinemark

batman-kiss-kiss

Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman: This here be a keychain but out of the three offers, is the best one in my opinion. So depending on your own individual predilection of keychains, this may be right up your alley. It's rare that LEGO would ever make a keychain that does not have a regular minifigure counterpart, but there's always a first for everything. With more sets coming out over the year, I'm hoping we will see regular minifig version of Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman, but right now this is the only way to get this figure. You need to be a Cinemark Connections member and purchase a ticket for a RealD 3D showing of the movie to get it. There's no end date for this promotion, it's a "while supplies last" kind of a thing, but I doubt supplies will last for very long.

AMC Theaters

batman-phantom-zone

30522 Batman in the Phantom Zone: AMC is giving away a polybag set, 30522 Batman in the Phantom Zone. This isn't quite exclusive as the polybag is currently available at Target in the Valentine's seasonal section for $3.99. Like the Cinemark promotion, you'll need to purchase a ticket for a RealD 3D viewing to get it. Offer is valid until February 12th or while supplies last.

Regal Entertainment Group

batman-ticket-regal

Collectible Movie Ticket: And finally, we have Regal Cinemas offering a collectible movie ticket if you watch the movie in IMAX. There are rumors of a poster giveaway as well but I can't seem to confirm that at this moment. I wouldn't want the poster anyway since I'd have to hold while watching the movie. Can't put it on the ground and risk having lie in a puddle of theater floor juice. And the ticket isn't really all that collectible. It would have been cool if you can get different images but if it's just the one of Batman then it's an easy pass. You'll need to purchase a ticket to an IMAX screening to get it and is valid until February 12th.

After writing this post, I may bypass the promotions altogether. There is a Regal theater two minutes away from my house that doesn't have IMAX and I don't feel like making the effort for any of the above. Convenience wins out this time but that being said, I can't wait to see it.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2017/02/10/various-theater-giveaway-promotions-for-the-lego-batman-movie/
Staff

Re: Various Theater Giveaway Promotions For The LEGO Batman

Postby monkeyhand » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:40 pm

He isn't wearing any gloves. Someone could easily fingerprint him.
monkeyhand

Postby onions » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:01 pm

latex!
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby PurpleDave » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:26 pm

This is at least the third minifig keychain that I know of that has no regular minifig counterpart. The first I remember was the chrome-gold minifig that was packed as a GWP several years ago from [email protected] (and can currently be bought at LEGO Stores). The second was the red version of the same thing that was randomly sent out to VIP members (and caused no end of wailing over how unfairly it was handled). I think there might have been others decades ago (I seem to remember one with a weird hat that has never been released as an official element), but I don't know their circumstances offhand.
Everything is Batman! Except Adam West.
PurpleDave

Postby dWhisper » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:13 pm

After seeing the movie, I would be pretty shocked if we didn't get another run of CMF figures for the movie. There were a ton of options to put in there and still keep the variety going past Batman suits.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby PurpleDave » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:02 pm

dWhisper wrote:After seeing the movie, I would be pretty shocked if we didn't get another run of CMF figures for the movie. There were a ton of options to put in there and still keep the variety going past Batman suits.

I wouldn't mind (but my bank account would). We finally found out where Polka-Dot Man will be released, but just the ones I was able to spot that aren't at least announced as minifigs yet include Crazy Quilt, Condiment King, Hugo Strange, Killer Moth that looks like a combo of the two current minifigs, several superheroes that aren't part of the Batman franchise (and which don't exist as minifigs...yet), and enough Batsuits to fill out an entire wave of CMF by themselves.

The problem, though, is we've already seen that the next two waves will be Series 17 and the Ninjago movie. By the time they get a clear schedule to run a second LBM wave, the movie will have been out on DVD for months. If it weren't for Ninjago, they could probably juggle the schedule to slip a second wave in by the end of the year, but that would push the Ninjago wave off the movie release.
Last edited by PurpleDave on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleDave

Postby dWhisper » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Egghead as well, unless he's in some set I don't know about. Condiment King is the biggest gap thus far, since he was shown multiple times in the movie.
dWhisper

Postby PurpleDave » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:47 pm

dWhisper wrote:Egghead as well, unless he's in some set I don't know about. Condiment King is the biggest gap thus far, since he was shown multiple times in the movie.

No Egghead, but this is the first time I've heard of him. Ever. Seeing what he looks like, I do remember seeing him in an orange jumpsuit. Hugo Strange was another villain that I remember seeing in a jumpsuit (sitting in a small group at a picnic table) but never spotted anywhere else. And Condiment King actually got better screentime than some of the really big Bat-villains like Two-Face, so while it would require a lot of unique elements (like the baby bottles in red and yellow), it is a bit odd that we still haven't seen one in a set. I just don't think he's very likely as a CMF, if only due to the amount of pieces required to make his condiment guns and backpack. In that way, he's most similar to Kiteman.
PurpleDave

Postby dWhisper » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Egghead got a fair amount of screen time as well. That's who O'hara talked about during that attack (she got hit by the eggs initially). I remember him popping up a couple of times in the first fight, in arkham, and then at the end. He'd need a new headcap to look like the movie, since he what looked like a bald cap, sans hair.
dWhisper

Postby PurpleDave » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:27 pm

Okay, I do remember the eggs, but having never heard of him, he didn't really draw my attention. Well, not until I ended up looking straight at him during one of the scenes showing all the Arkham cells, and all I could do was sit there wondering who Pinkskin Leader was.
PurpleDave

Postby Trooper10 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:45 pm

PurpleDave wrote:No Egghead, but this is the first time I've heard of him.

ZOMG - Vincent Price from the 60's tv show - they even nailed the laugh!!! Happy memories...
Trooper10

Postby PurpleDave » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:07 am

Looking over the big yellow poster (hoping to find a good image of Killer Moth, but failing), I noticed a couple things. Captain Boomerang is not the same design as the minifig they've already released, and Superman has red boots on blue legs. There's nothing that can be done for Boomerang (especially since he has a garrison cap), but Superman is actually possible to make with existing parts if you get the legs from the Rhino/Sandman Spiderman and put them on red hips.
PurpleDave

Postby Flynn » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:36 am

PurpleDave wrote:No Egghead, but this is the first time I've heard of him. Ever.

I mean, given how much you openly loathe the show he's predominately featured in, this isn't exactly surprising.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Return to Licensed Themes