Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Batman Movie Minifigure Pack - Gotham Police Department

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Batman Movie Minifigure Pack - Gotham Police Department

Postby Staff » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:25 pm

Batman Movie Blister

I ran across something interesting on a visit to the LEGO store today... there's one of the blister minifigure packs featuring three members of the Gotham Police department. These packs have been around for years in the City/Friends line (and occasionally other LEGO original lines), but are usually more a filler spot on the shelf in LEGO Brand Retail stores and apparently at TRU and Target. Brickset is listing it as a LEGO Exclusive, so for now, you need to hit a store to find them. If they show up on [email protected] or anywhere else, we'll get a post together, because there's a whole lot to love in this $12.99 pack.

Batman Movie Blister Pack
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2017/01/29/lego-batman-movie-minifigure-pack-gotham-police-department/
Staff

Re: LEGO Batman Movie Minifigure Pack - Gotham Police Depart

Postby Gobi-1 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:03 pm

I didn't realize the cop from The Village People was from the GPD.
Gobi-1

Postby banthafodder » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:29 pm

I think that you have both the cop and the construction worker from the group. Let the YMCA MOCs begin.
banthafodder

Postby dWhisper » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:56 pm

The cop in the Village People was African-American.

And we have the Native American from the CMF line, many construction workers (though you need an open shirt), but getting a look that matches the cowboy and... biker... might be a bit tougher. Also, inappropriate.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Buzzetta » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:13 pm

The female detective is probably Detective Montoya...

The Motorcycle cop looks like the guy from the village people or the Edge from U2
Buzzetta

Postby etcknight » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:18 pm

Are these minifigure packs still the lower quality plastic manufactured in China plants? I remember that being a frequent complaint in the past. Now a days - that may be a moot point, since so many parts are coming from foreign manufacturing. One 2x6 plate in my Disney Castle set looked like a knock-off piece due to how light / translucent the grey color was. I think most of the CMF line are also from these foreign manufacturing plants?
etcknight

Postby sparkart » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:39 am

Thanks for the heads up on this, FBTB. Heh, yes, I think the motorcycle cop in this pack is the surreptitious reference to the Macho Man biker from the Village People, what with that champion handlebar moustache. I'm definitely going to Go West to a LEGO store ASAP to pick up a copy of this.

The blue legs with black boots make a good start to a classic Fantastic Four comic-book costume, no? Or a good correction to your bootleg/pirate Fantastic Four mini-fig set from China. For the record, I'm not advocating buying bootleg/pirate merchandise; I'm just somewhat sadly scornfully sarcastically acknowledging it.
sparkart

Postby dWhisper » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:44 am

I'm far more forgiving of bootleg stuff that tries to fill in gaps for stuff that's not there yet (though not enough to actually purchase it myself) than of stuff that's just counterfeit versions of existing or retired sets.

I think the blue is a bit too dark for a classic style look... you might be able to get a bit more modern or Future Foundation type stuff with it.

As for the quality question, no idea. I honestly never bother to drill into the differences on them, and haven't seen the problems that get mentioned in relation to them. They're probably from the same place that tends to do polybags/small sets/CMF, etc. It's less a version of where, since LEGO has been distributing out their manufacturing for years (and a big part of the reason for them moving manufacturing to China wasn't cost savings, it was so they would have standing to sue knockoff brands in China).
dWhisper

Postby fallenangel327 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:45 am

Making your own Fantastic Four minifigures seems easy enough provided you have custom decals. Some of the bootlegs are pretty decent, but I'd go for that approach first.

Hickman's is the only modern run I've read, but even in that the suits are a much brighter blue than the minifigure legs seen here. In fact, I didn't even notice the black boots until sparkart pointed them out.
Supersonic wrote:nobody is going to see the differences between the Rebels and ESB AT-AT. Definitely not kids.
fallenangel327

Postby dWhisper » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:09 pm

Human torch would be somewhat tricky, since unfortunately they didn't make the flame in the Ghost Rider set separate. Thing would take a bit of work on the Bigfig scale, but he seems to work.

Problem with that team, in general, is that they're archived by Marvel right now (and Fox seems entirely incapable of making a decent movie with them). Johnny Storm is running around with the Inhumans and the Thing is running around with the Guardians of the Galaxy, but neither have a lot of front-and-center time.
dWhisper

Postby fallenangel327 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:04 pm

BaronSat made two variations of the Torch using decals and what I assumed were unmodified parts. His solution isn't perfect, but I'd take it.

http://www.baronsat.net/Pages19/Page-Ga ... c-Four.htm
http://www.baronsat.net/Pages19/Page-GALACTUS.htm

I wouldn't mind Fox making another Fantastic Four movie if we got sets out of it. Taking that into consideration, it's unfortunate that they canceled the sequel to the 2015 film. Then again, it's not as if that picture netted us any sets...
Supersonic wrote:nobody is going to see the differences between the Rebels and ESB AT-AT. Definitely not kids.
fallenangel327

Postby PurpleDave » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:55 pm

Ultra Agents had a villain with a full-head flame cover. Easy enough to use that over whatever head you choose to use.

And I've been calling my local LEGO Store about these for at least a couple weeks now, but as of this morning they have not received any. Clayface needs more splat victims!
Everything is Batman! Except Adam West.
PurpleDave

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:54 am

I just noticed this pack is now available on [email protected] (for Germany and also for US, if I change region).

Silly question from a non-Batman-expert who has seen much of the 1966 TV series: Which of those three minifigs is supposed to be Chief O'Hara..?
Grab the cool weapons and accessory elements and hit the streets of Gotham City with Chief O’Hara and his Gotham City Police Department officers. THE LEGO® BATMAN MOVIE Accessory Set includes 3 minifigures and a buildable Bat-Signal to inspire fun role-play action and expand the possibilities of THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE play sets.

• Includes 3 minifigures: Chief O’Hara and 2 GCPD officers.
  • Also includes assorted minifigure weapons and accessory elements, plus a buildable Bat-Signal.
  • Makes a great addition to THE LEGO® BATMAN MOVIE play sets.
Gingerbeard Man

Postby dWhisper » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:16 pm

Based on the uniform, I'd say the African-American one... which would be odd.
dWhisper

Postby fallenangel327 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:25 pm

If nothing else, the CW versions of Iris West and Kendra Saunders are played by actresses of color, so there's certainly precedence.
fallenangel327

Postby dWhisper » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:21 pm

It was more a comment on the name, and that Chief O'Hara was a pretty epic level of Irish Stereotype.
dWhisper

Postby fallenangel327 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:35 pm

Right, the Irish stereotype. That must have slipped my mind, as difficult as it is to believe.

I suppose, then, that in this case I should name Tilda Swinton's non-Asian Ancient One as the precedence. I mean, a stereotype is still a stereotype...
fallenangel327

Postby PurpleDave » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:59 pm

Gingerbeard Man wrote:I just noticed this pack is now available on [email protected] (for Germany and also for US, if I change region).

Silly question from a non-Batman-expert who has seen much of the 1966 TV series: Which of those three minifigs is supposed to be Chief O'Hara..?
  • Includes 3 minifigures: Chief O’Hara and 2 GCPD officers.

"2 GCPD officers". I see a black guy and a white guy dressed in the same uniform except for the hat, and a female dressed in regular clothes. Based on the final season of NYPD Blue, you start out as an officer in a "blue bag", then you get to buy your own wardrobe when you advance to Detective, go back to the blues for Desk Sergeant, and then it's back to normal-people clothes when you make Lieutenant and above. Arkham also comes with "2 GCPD Officers", and the January 2017 [email protected] catalog clearly identifies them as the other two members of the quartet.
Everything is Batman! Except Adam West.
PurpleDave

Postby dWhisper » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:50 pm

Not the same uniform. White guy with the helmet has a regular police officer like we got in Arkham and other sets, with the walkie, badge, and a single row of buttons. Other one has dress shirt and tie with a blue jacket and two rows of buttons (similar to a chief or commandant in dress uniform), and the badge is on his arm.
dWhisper

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:13 am

Based on the clothing my first guess was a female chief, but then I was thrown by
Chief O’Hara and his Gotham City Police Department officers

Maybe the blurb writer didn't talk to the set designers.
Gingerbeard Man

Next

Return to Licensed Themes