Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Dimensions Supergirl Details, Gives Finger to non-PS4 Players

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: LEGO Dimensions Supergirl Details, Gives Finger to non-P

Postby PurpleDave » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:49 pm

dWhisper wrote:Worse with Supergirl, I've never had her interact with other characters. Not sure if it's just bad luck on my part, or that they didn't bother with anything other than the teleport-in / out text, but she's pretty boring. I had her up multiple times in the livestream and she was unfortunately just... eh.

I'm running around trying to clean up the Ethan Hunt bits in other Worlds and missions, and I just thought you might like to know I had a bit of Supergirl flavor text pop up in relation to Superman. It was something like "Hey, Kal, good to see you. Seems we keep missing each other." Also, as a character in the game, she's one of the most useful. As one of only a handful of natural flyers (I think there are six in Year 1, and she makes three so far in Year 2, out of a total of 54 characters that are available through Wave 6), she'll get you anywhere in no time, and you don't need the Mission: Impossible red brick to save her if she steps off a ledge. In Lantern form, she has a single-shot blast that auto-targets, which beats heat vision in a fight. However, she still has heat vision as Supergirl, and an equivalent power as a Red Lantern, so you get the best of both worlds. She can revert to Supergirl to use X-Ray vision. She's invulnerable. She can destroy destructables by simply walking through them.
Everything is Batman! Except Adam West.
PurpleDave

Re: LEGO Dimensions Supergirl Details, Gives Finger to non-P

Postby PurpleDave » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:14 pm

I just found what's potentially a legitimate reason to be pissed about Supergirl. I'm currently playing the Labyrinth stage in the Sonic level, and there's a minikit that you need a Lantern to access. Supergirl's alt-form is currently the _only_ character with Lantern abilities, and it doesn't appear that Hire-A-Hero is working here.

But I did just see that the Supergirl PS4 set was marked down to $35 recently, so maybe it's time to fish or cut bait. Either pony up and buy the thing, or resign yourself to never being 100% complete again.
Everything is Batman! Except Adam West.
PurpleDave

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes