Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Batman Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Will Have Printed Plates

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Batman Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Will Have Printed Plates

Postby Staff » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:00 pm

Found over at reddit. Sent over by Gooker1. Looks pretty legit. These are supposedly coming out early next year.

Wouldn't using the Batman logo from The LEGO Batman Movie make more sense than what appears to be the Tim Burton Batman logo?
---
Permalink: https://www.fbtb.net/the-lego-batman-movie/2017/12/08/batman-collectible-minifigures-series-2-will-printed-plates/
Staff

Re: Batman Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Will Have Printe

Postby PurpleDave » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:49 pm

The Burton Batman movie logo is just a slight recolor of the old Silver Age logo (swapping gold for yellow). The Burton Batman costume logo was this weird thing with a triple tail that got dropped by the time Batman Returns came out. And many of the batsuits in TLBM featured some variant of this logo, usually in different colors. I can't remember any use of the TLBM movie logo besides the movie itself and maybe the Batwing model. Unfortunately, all 20 of my crazy batsuits are currently on display at the Henry Ford Museum, but looking at an insert from the CMF line Glam Bats boots may be the closest to the movie logo. The TRU pack has a circular logo on Wizbat, which looks more like the batsignal design they've used on radar dishes (and which was used in comic book covers back when I collected them). Baturion's torso logo is similar to the 2006 grey Batman and TLBM Batgirl, but his shield may have the first instance of an official use of the Batman Beyond logo on a LEGO element.

Regardless, I really like that they're doing logo stands for TLBM2, and wish they'd done it for TLBM1 (who knows, maybe if they'd done both they could have used the each logo for one series). To date, the only logo stands I own are a bunch of Team GB stands and a single TLM stand that was produced as part of some sort of industry-side promo around the time of TLM's release.
Everything is Batman! Except Adam West.
PurpleDave

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:33 am

I still can't believe that they gave Jayna a record, instead of Gleek. Zan's bucket was the perfect accessory, but that record is a headscratcher, especially given that Gleek is nowhere to be seen.
Mister Ed

Postby PurpleDave » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:58 pm

The record (and to a lesser extent the sleeve) seems odd just on the fact that they could have easily added that to the Justice League part set, where it would have made perfect sense. And Gleek would be cheaper to add to a CMF packet than a regular set because the only mold they've ever used to make that shape should be located in China already. The S5 Zookeeper and the S7 Tarzan are, to date, the only two instances of that mold being used for regular production. Adding Gleek to the Justice League set would likely mean they'd have to cut a new mold in Europe to avoid having to ship heavy molds halfway around the world on a regular basis.
Everything is Batman! Except Adam West.
PurpleDave

Return to Licensed Themes