Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Gauging Interest - Large Lot of SW LEGO Sets

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Gauging Interest - Large Lot of SW LEGO Sets

Postby buzzard31581 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:57 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this since the Buy/Sell section appears to be locked and it was A LONG TIME AGO XD since I was on these boards. If this is a violation, please delete.

I'm going to be in need of some income very soon to pay for some unforeseen expenses including needing to purchase a vehicle. I can only work so much so my only other real option is to liquidate some assets. Unfortunately, that also includes my LEGO collection.

I'm not ready to sell right at this moment since I don't seem to have a recent inventory list completely built, but I'd like to at least gauge interest to determine the best path forward.

I have a fairly extensive collection of Star Wars LEGO sets that I've maintained since around 2004. I have items that reach all the way back to 1999. I have several of the UCS sets as well that include the original limited edition Millenium Falcon that had the misprinted sticker and certificate of authenticity, the Death Star II, original Snowspeeder, original and re-released X-wing, original Tie Intercepter, Blockade Runner, and I even have the Super Star Destroyer and Slave I still sealed in the boxes. I have even more just sitting on my shelves. I have countless other small playsets as well as a large majority of the mini's and a handful of the microfighters. I also have four of the five maquette statues. The only one I don't have is the Blackhole Trooper that was only released in Japan.

I was a fairly avid collector for quite a while, but then time and space became limited as the family grew and now it needs to grow more. In all, I would estimate the value of everything to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $10-15k. I also have a handful of Star Wars Pop vinyl figures from the first year of Funko Smuggler's Bounty boxes I would throw in.

While I know selling items individually would maximize their value, at this time I think I'd rather just dump the entire lot in one go. So that's really what I'm after. I just want to know if selling such a large collection all at once is even feasible or if I'm going to have to set up a store some place like Bricklink or resort to eBay to move everything.

Thanks in advance!
buzzard31581

Re: Gauging Interest - Large Lot of SW LEGO Sets

Postby buzzard31581 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:59 pm

Not much interest here I guess, but I do have a small update and figured I'd share. Got an offer on part of the collection from an online retailer and unfortunately it was considerably lower than I had anticipated or would be willing to accept. Like ridiculously low that it would cost me way too much to even ship them for the amount they offered. That being said, they did say they made some errors in their estimates and would be resubmitting the offer after re-evaluating it. I still doubt they'll come anywhere close to what I'm looking for. Sadly, I think they low ball people in hopes they catch some people who don't really know what they have. I do have a full inventory and condition list if there happens to be anyone out there who's interested or might have some ideas on where I might be able to offload a large collection. It's roughly 170 sets, four maquette statues, and eight vinyl figures.
buzzard31581

Return to Star Wars