Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Rebel medical frigate on the horizon?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Rebel medical frigate on the horizon?

Postby WillyWampa » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Saw this add on ebay and thought it may be a "leak" of a set that will be released later this year. It's a listing for a compatible clone set like we've seen as ripoffs for a number of other LEGO StarWars sets. Looks like a model of the medical frigate (probably has an obscure name only the hardcore fans know) seen at the end of ESB with one hand Luke, Leia and a few others. It looks like there is a Han Solo figure as well, but he was chilling somewhere else for this scene.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/starwars-lego-S ... 0005.m1851
WillyWampa

Re: Rebel medical frigate on the horizon?

Postby banthafodder » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:28 pm

I know I've seen this MOC before. it could be that this seller has gathered bricks on there own and is selling the set or that a knock off brand has either entered a deal with the builder or just outright stole the design and produced sets. I know last year there was quite a bit of talk about these companies buying designs from MOC builders and producing sets. It would be nice if Lego came out with this but sadly, I don't think it is the case.
banthafodder

Postby fallenangel327 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:33 pm

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index. ... t-frigate/

Given that the eBay page fails to mention L-DI-EGO's username or the name of his creation, I suspect the vendor is another worthless thief.

There was a particularly scummy one of these on Eurobricks back in 2016 (some dumb white college kid by the name of Austin Lampky), but he shut down his shops after being called out. This individual might do the same if we pester him enough.
Supersonic wrote:nobody is going to see the differences between the Rebels and ESB AT-AT. Definitely not kids.
fallenangel327

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:47 am

The "worthless thief" is probably Lepin (which is actually worse than some individual doing it). I assume the eBay seller is simply passing on sets he imported from China.

https://customizeminifiguresintelligenc ... t-frigate/

If LEGO can't do anything about these kind of fakes is there any way for Disney to step on Lepin's toes..? The franchise title may be disfigured (and "STAR PLAN" is slightly less obvious than the previous "STAR WNRS") but the rest of the box art is such a blatant rip-off.
Gingerbeard Man

Return to Star Wars