Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Lego][Movie]Solo Movie sets already out!! AND SPOILERS!!!!

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

[Lego][Movie]Solo Movie sets already out!! AND SPOILERS!!!!

Postby foximus-prime » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:16 pm

Ok just to start, We've been getting lots of leaks of 2018 sets so far but nothing that screams new Han Solo movie sets! OR have we....!?! Now I've been doing my leak researching and stumbled across a few interesting tidbits that may point to some of the sets we've been seeing pop up online that may in fact be for the new Solo flick!

For example, we are often told by designers of the movies that most vehicles we see in episodes 4-6 are in fact old re-used tech that have been around for a large number of years. The best example of this being that in eps 7 (the force awakens) we are told that the Millennium Falcon is around 100 years old meaning if Han gets this from Lando in the new Solo movie it will already be around 60 years old presuming that Han will be in his 20's. So whos to say other things like speeders seen in the classic eps 4-6 aren't also older like the Falcon. Say for example the new set Sand Speeder #75204 could be from the new Solo movie as many of the filming on set leaks show them on a dessert planet like Tatooine, Also adding to this we will soon get a set Mos Eisley Cantina #75205 with Han, Greedo, Sandtrooper, and bar tender the yes is a scene from A new Hope (eps4) but from this we learn that Han knows Greedo assumingly very well possibly making this a scene from the new Solo movie where Hana and Greedo had either worked together in the past or had a previous argument which could indeed happen in the new Solo movie. If this is the case this not only make this and old set remake to remake that old who shot first scene but also possibly a new scene from the new movie as well!

Or maybe I'm just looking to much into all of this. What do you guys N gals think?
Last edited by foximus-prime on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foximus-prime

Re: [Lego][Movie]Solo Movie sets? already out?

Postby PurpleDave » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:44 pm

If it was for the Solo movie, it would be branded with the Solo movie logo. Lucasfilm would require it for any merchandising tying into a movie during release. There's also no Solo movie Falcon out, and word is it will look significantly different than it did in any Star Wars film.
Everything is Batman! Except Adam West.
PurpleDave

Postby foximus-prime » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:47 am

PurpleDave wrote:If it was for the Solo movie, it would be branded with the Solo movie logo. Lucasfilm would require it for any merchandising tying into a movie during release. There's also no Solo movie Falcon out, and word is it will look significantly different than it did in any Star Wars film.

I must admit this was only a prediction. However the branding thing in incorrect as Lego pics a popular image and posts that on the top cover of their boxes as a yearly thing. Proof in the new clone war set with Grievous and Mace Windu still having the Last Jedi logo, and in past years for example. 2017 was Rouge One Death Trooper logo, 2016 was Kylo Ren, 2015 was SW: Rebels Storm Trooper, 2014 was Darth Vader, 2013 was Yoda....and so on.
foximus-prime

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:33 am

I picked up the LEGO Jan - Jun 2018 catalogue from my local toy store on Saturday. The Solo movie is mentioned twice: There is one block in the Star Wars section with the movie logo and the text "New LEGO Star Wars products from May" and another smaller block on the page with the BrickHeadz, again with the logo and "New BrickHeadz from May 2018". (There is a similar block next to it for Avengers Infinty War BrickHeadz, also from May 2018.)

There is no indication that any of the January sets are related to the Solo movie.
Gingerbeard Man

Postby banthafodder » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:21 am

There are plenty of leaked images of the sets to be available for the Solo movie. The Falcon does look quite interesting as well as the Corellian hounds.
banthafodder

Postby PurpleDave » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:38 pm

Gingerbeard Man wrote:I picked up the LEGO Jan - Jun 2018 catalogue from my local toy store on Saturday.

Wait, what? What country, what store?
Everything is Batman! Except Adam West.
PurpleDave

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:45 am

Germany, a regular "general" toy store ("Vedes" chain).

I was surprised they had them out this early. In previous years it's been more toward the end of January or even early February.

LEGO themselves don't seem to have it online yet either but I have found a browseable version here:

http://ius.ideeundspiel.com/media/stati ... 018#page_1

First Solo reference on page 112:
http://ius.ideeundspiel.com/media/stati ... 8#page_112

Solo BrickHeadz ref on page 117:
http://ius.ideeundspiel.com/media/stati ... 8#page_116
Gingerbeard Man

Postby foximus-prime » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:06 pm

:lol: AHHH banthafodder! You beat me to it. also more pics in some better detail here ---> http://sciencefiction.com/2018/01/09/solo-star-wars-story-plot-details-new-lego-toys/ and here https://imgur.com/a/u61FI#TYT3foR

Umm also just found this and died a little https://starwars.pl/2018/01/lego-han-solo/ scroll to the bottom to see yet again another X-wing to go with your new YODA Hut!! that's right! Yet again another Jawa Sandcrawler!, More buildable figs including an AT-RT with pilot, another Anakin Jedi Starfighter!, possibly another remake of the Boba Fett fig for those that hated the sand blue arms/legs version and possible for those just not quite happy about the grey version. :facepalm:
foximus-prime

Return to Star Wars