Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Last Jedi Director Rian Johnson To Create New Star Wars Trilogy

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

The Last Jedi Director Rian Johnson To Create New Star Wars Trilogy

Postby Staff » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:06 pm

StarWars.com is reporting that The Last Jedi Writer/Director Rian Johnson will create a new Star Wars trilogy. This trilogy will be a completely separate story line apart from the Skywalker-centric stories that the current saga is based on.

I love Star Wars as much as the next nerd, but I am super excited to see what can be done with a completely blank slate. New characters, new stories, and hopefully no mention of midichlorians.
---
Permalink: https://www.fbtb.net/star-wars/2017/11/09/last-jedi-director-rian-johnson-create-new-star-wars-trilogy/
Staff

Re: The Last Jedi Director Rian Johnson To Create New Star W

Postby banthafodder » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:46 pm

How about a trilogy where the Empire actually functioned really well and focus on the daily lives and struggles of the common stormtrooper serving on a space station or obscure outpost. Maybe something along the lines of Star Wars meets the Office. XD Vader working the mailroom
banthafodder

Postby PurpleDave » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:25 pm

Well, they'll have a really tough (but not impossible) job ripping off the plot of any actual Star Wars movies if they don't plan to use any of the same characters. So, as long as they don't fall into the trap of having as predictable an ending as Rogue One (a movie which held less surprises for me than Ep3), they might have something decent on their hands. Maybe.
Everything is Batman! Except Adam West.
PurpleDave

Postby dWhisper » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:27 pm

banthafodder wrote:How about a trilogy where the Empire actually functioned really well and focus on the daily lives and struggles of the common stormtrooper serving on a space station or obscure outpost. Maybe something along the lines of Star Wars meets the Office. XD Vader working the mailroom

I'd pay good money to see the old Eddie Izzard bit turned into a show... you can watch/listen to it here (be warned there's a bit of language to it).
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Return to Star Wars