Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

J.J. Abrams To Helm Episode IX

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

J.J. Abrams To Helm Episode IX

Postby Staff » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:54 am

What once was old is new again... of course that kind of saying usually applies to things that make a comeback after a couple of decades. Bell bottom jeans... mom jeans... of course the mullet never really made a comeback... but in this case it's a just a couple of years since J.J. last directed Episode VII, The Force Awakens. Today, StarWars.com is reporting that the veteran director will be returning to write and direct the final chapter in the sequel trilogy. He's gone on record before saying he had wished he stayed on for VIII, so maybe the script is THAT good to make him want to come back to finish off the sequel trilogy.

Episode VIII, The Last Jedi opens in theaters on December 15th, 2017. I'm assuming Episode IX will open sometime around December 2019.

Edit: StarWars.com tweeted the release date for Episode IX. It will be in theaters on December 20th, 2019.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2017/09/12/j-j-abrams-to-helm-episode-ix/
Staff

Re: J.J. Abrams To Helm Episode IX

Postby banthafodder » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:17 am

Let me offer my help in writing this. It all ends with supreme leader Snoke being killed by being thrown down some sort of reactor shaft by Kylo Ren who has returned to the light. However, Kylo is mortally wounded in his efforts and dies. He is placed on a funeral pyre and sent off as a hero. Ends with some cute, cuddly creatures singing and dancing.
banthafodder

Postby PurpleDave » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:13 pm

I heard they fired the other guy for not making Ep Nein "Return of the Jedi-y" enough. Things to look forward to:

Chrome-plated Ewoks!
B-Wings with parts of each wing cut away!
TIE interceptors with a splash of red paint!
Darth Emo throwing yet another whingy tantrum!
MaRey Sue gets promoted to godhood, because that's about the only option they have left for developing her character!
Luke tries to talk Darth Emo down and gets shot like an unsuspecting chump, and thrown off a bridge!
A fourth Death Star in a second, partially constructed planet (special cameo by a pair of white mice)!
Finn finally explains how a neoprene onesie magically turns into cargo pants and a tactical turtleneck when you shuck the armor!
BB-8 finds his true calling when he's asked to participate in a pick-up game of beach volleyball while they're celebrating redefeating the Empire!
Poe Dameron shows up at the end to congratulate everyone on winning without any substantial degree of assistance from himself!
Captain Phasma observes the events of the movie happening around her without interfering!
Everything is Batman! Except Adam West.
PurpleDave

Postby fallenangel327 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:32 pm

PurpleDave wrote:TIE interceptors with a splash of red paint!

I'm trying to decide whether I would be pleased or disappointed.
Supersonic wrote:nobody is going to see the differences between the Rebels and ESB AT-AT. Definitely not kids.
fallenangel327

Postby Flappy The Mailbox » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:10 pm

Guys, history repeats itself in real life, so it's not too unreasonable for it to repeat itself in a galaxy far, far away. Look at Germany in WWI and WWII.
Flappy The Mailbox

Postby PurpleDave » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:03 pm

See, you say that, but you haven't really thought it through.

1. Red paint on the side of the cockpit, not red stripes on the wings.
2. Baron Soontir Fel has been excised from D-canon.
3. Baron Soontir Fel is an old, white man, and is unlikely to be added back into D-canon.
4. Even if the impossible happens and Abrams puts Fel in his movie, he'll probably end up falling into a Sarlaac pit. Speaking of which, I forgot:

A bigger, more powerful Sarlaac that inhabits an entire planet and can reach out in several directions to eat a dozen people at the same time!
Everything is Batman! Except Adam West.
PurpleDave

Postby gomek » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:54 am

All references to Force Awakens as being a rip off of Episode 4 are well deserved. Not sure how anyone looked at that script and didn't think it was a huge problem.

I also have to say that all the redesigns are really getting to me. I see 30 year old cars on the road all the time. Yet some how there are no Star Destroyers left in service (that must have taken years just to build). I want to see classic ships! It's silly that the falcon is the only ship that is still usable. And spare me the red splash. So unneeded.
gomek

Postby Flynn » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:57 pm

gomek wrote:All references to Force Awakens as being a rip off of Episode 4 are well deserved. Not sure how anyone looked at that script and didn't think it was a huge problem.

I also have to say that all the redesigns are really getting to me. I see 30 year old cars on the road all the time. Yet some how there are no Star Destroyers left in service (that must have taken years just to build). I want to see classic ships! It's silly that the falcon is the only ship that is still usable. And spare me the red splash. So unneeded.

"Force Awakens copies too much from Episode 4!"

"I wanna see more Episode 4 ships in the films and less redesigns!"

:S
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Return to Star Wars