Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Rebels Season 3 Trailer: Once a Secret is Known...

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Rebels Season 3 Trailer: Once a Secret is Known...

Postby Staff » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:11 pm

In a swirling vortex of spoilers, the Rebels Season 3 trailer was released. Look, just watch it and join me below the fold for untold amounts of glee.

THRAWN!!! WEDGE!!! So rather incredible looking battles. More Tarkin!

When Disney gave the Extended Universe a far cleaner execution than it deserved, there was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth about what we were losing. Villains like Thrawn, who was an amazing character, were a downer. Yet one thing that was clear in it that Disney was going to keep the EU as a source of good ideas and find a way to reintroduce them back to the universe when it made sense. In a sense, this lets them do the biggest mistake

If you haven't watched Rebels, you are seriously missing out. They've been keeping the pedal to the floor since about midway through the first season, and even after the incredible finish to last season, seems content to just keep going faster.

In related news, this is also happening with the guy who created the character in the first place. Timothy Zahn had a recording at a Rebels panel where he talked briefly about working with them, and to introduce a new book coming out in 2017: Thrawn. Can't wait for this one to go up for preorder; I'm not even that big of a fan of Zahn's writing, but can't deny that this character was amazing.

The chances of us getting a Thrawn minifigure, at long last, have gone much higher...

---
Permalink: https://www.fbtb.net/star-wars/2016/07/16/rebels-season-3-trailer-once-a-secret-is-known/
Staff

Re: Rebels Season 3 Trailer: Once a Secret is Known...

Postby banthafodder » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:32 pm

You are absolutely right that if you haven't watched this show you are really missing out. Now, Holy Crap, Thrawn!! and Wedge! Can't wait for this season.
banthafodder

Postby Rare White Ape » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:25 am

Rebels is such an awesome show, and this is coming from someone who is skeptical on what exactly an awesome show constitutes. I binge-watched the whole of season 2 across a couple of days as soon as I could.

I am so, so glad that they've chosen to pluck Thrawn from Legands limbo and adopt him as part of ongoing SW Canon. Dare I say that his presence may be an indicator on what sort of person the mysterious white-uniformed Imperial is in the Rogue One trailer? It's definitely not Trawn, so I'm guessing he is another grand admiral of some sort.
Rare White Ape

Postby jnd2k3 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:23 am

Rare White Ape wrote:Rebels is such an awesome show, and this is coming from someone who is skeptical on what exactly an awesome show constitutes. I binge-watched the whole of season 2 across a couple of days as soon as I could.

I am so, so glad that they've chosen to pluck Thrawn from Legands limbo and adopt him as part of ongoing SW Canon. Dare I say that his presence may be an indicator on what sort of person the mysterious white-uniformed Imperial is in the Rogue One trailer? It's definitely not Trawn, so I'm guessing he is another grand admiral of some sort.

It really is a great show. The naysayers can keep missing out for all I care.

In regards to his rank, we at least know his title: Director in the ISB. What rank that translates to, who knows. That could be his rank, too...
jnd2k3

Postby Brainslugged » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:34 am

Rare White Ape wrote:Dare I say that his presence may be an indicator on what sort of person the mysterious white-uniformed Imperial is in the Rogue One trailer? It's definitely not Trawn, so I'm guessing he is another grand admiral of some sort.

Very minor spoiler ahead....

I was at SW Celebration on Friday and took a pic of the white-uniformed Rogue One guy's outfit along with his description. It says:
Spoiler: show
"Director Orson Krennic. As Director of Advanced Weapons Research for the Imperial Military, Orson Krennic is obsessed with the completion of the long-delayed Death Star project. A cruel but brilliant man, Krennic has staked his reputation on the delivery of the functional battle station to the Emperor."
Brainslugged

Postby Blacknight » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:12 pm

I'm one of those who don't like Rebels. I will say the graphics look like they've finally taken a big step up (dorky squat TIE fighters excluded) and they're finally matching the visual quality seen in the later seasons of Clone Wars. Also those new "older" character designs are a huge positive improvement.

What I don't really like is that this trailer once again seems to imply that these five plucky cartoon characters basically single handedly set up the entire Rebellion themselves. It's just a continuation of the lame prequel idea that Anakin made C-3PO... throwing in eye rolling links between every main character across generations just for the sake of it.
Blacknight

Postby dWhisper » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:30 pm

So... I take it you've never actually watched the show?

Because throughout the show, it's been very clear that they most certainly did not set up the rebellion. They were in fact a relatively minor part of it, and while their role continued to grow within it, there was so much more going on besides their stuff.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby jnd2k3 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:02 pm

dWhisper wrote:So... I take it you've never actually watched the show?

Because throughout the show, it's been very clear that they most certainly did not set up the rebellion. They were in fact a relatively minor part of it, and while their role continued to grow within it, there was so much more going on besides their stuff.

Safe bet based on his assumption...
jnd2k3

Postby Blacknight » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:40 am

dWhisper wrote:They were in fact a relatively minor part of it, and while their role continued to grow within it, there was so much more going on besides their stuff.

Yet somehow they seem to occupy a significant amount of the time of Vader and Tarkin (and the Inquisitors and Maul and Ahsoka and Captain Rex and Lando and Yoda and...soon Grand Admiral Thrawn). They're clearly responsible for recruiting Wedge (best pilot the rebels have) and give the rebels their Y-wings too.

Sure, minor part. Without much influence on the major actors above, who just happen to have nothing better to do than frolic with these five meaningless Rebels all day.

Face it, this series is lamer than anything in the prequels. It's '80s Droids cartoon tier, minus the catchy opening music.
Blacknight

Postby PlutoVsPlanet » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:19 am

Blacknight wrote:Face it, this series is lamer than anything in the prequels. It's '80s Droids cartoon tier, minus the catchy opening music.

You are entitled to your opinion of course. I strongly disagree. These 5 characters are a "rebel cell". There are many cells set in place by Bail Organa, based on the story in Rebels, which fits exactly with what is canon.

As for the story with Wedge being "liberated" by these Rebels, why not? As the story goes, this Rebel cell is probably the best at what they do. Why would they not be a part of liberating a great pilot who wants to desert?

Me personally I love the show, I can't wait for Season 3. I am really curious to see what happens with Agent Kallus.
PlutoVsPlanet

Postby RfAurora » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:40 am

jnd2k3 wrote:
Rare White Ape wrote:Rebels is such an awesome show, and this is coming from someone who is skeptical on what exactly an awesome show constitutes. I binge-watched the whole of season 2 across a couple of days as soon as I could.

It really is a great show. The naysayers can keep missing out for all I care.

In regards to his rank, we at least know his title: Director in the ISB. What rank that translates to, who knows. That could be his rank, too...

If he's ISB, and they are taking from Legends materials, he could be Armand Isard, father of Ysanne Isard.
RfAurora

Return to Star Wars