Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

May The Fourth First Order Stormtrooper Minifig Preview

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

May The Fourth First Order Stormtrooper Minifig Preview

Postby Staff » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:18 pm

This is the 30602 First Order Stormtrooper you'll be getting this weekend during LEGO [email protected]'s May the Fourth sale. Someone at LEGO sent it to me in advance so I thought I'd throw it up here to tell you that the only difference between this guy and the one from the 75132 First Order Battle Pack is that the torso print is sliiiiiiightly different. He also comes with the old school blaster element and a neck bracket with a printed 1x1 tile, the latter of which is available in both TFA Snowspeeder sets. So you're pretty much getting a unique First Order Stormtrooper that has a slightly different torso print. Oh yeah, and fancy polybag packaging.

IMG_9828 IMG_9829 IMG_9830 IMG_9831

---
Permalink: https://www.fbtb.net/lego-star-wars/2016/04/27/may-the-fourth-first-order-stormtrooper-minifig-preview/
Staff

Re: May The Fourth First Order Stormtrooper Minifig Preview

Postby Brainslugged » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:51 pm

Wow - super lame. I thought at least the back pack would have unique printing. And the figure itself is only slightly different than a figure I already didn't especially like but will end up with way too many of as it is due to getting one of these with every regular stormtrooper in the battle packs. Plus shouldn't this guy have some sort of big(ger) gun?
Brainslugged

Postby Magmafrost » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:50 am

This is the 30602 First Order Stormtrooper you'll be getting

Or rather, won't be getting, haha. The most disappointing May 4th figure yet, and with any luck, ever.
Magmafrost

Postby gomek » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:49 am

This figure is so lame as to be borderline insulting. I could have come up with 50 or 100 figures better than this. In fact I'd have a hard time coming up with something worse.
gomek

Postby etcknight » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:00 am

gomek wrote:This figure is so lame as to be borderline insulting. I could have come up with 50 or 100 figures better than this. In fact I'd have a hard time coming up with something worse.

This.... :facepalm:
etcknight

Postby dWhisper » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:36 am

Normally I'd be glad that we get something... but honestly, this is just lazy at the very best.

I'm going to end up with one of these figures. Not because I want one, but because I'll be making a purchase to get another special exclusive. I just don't get why, after so many years of using May 4th effectively to both entice and thank Star Wars fan, that they give garbage like this.

This is less than phoning it in. Nothing would have actually been better, sadly enough.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby murphquake » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:22 pm

I actually like this fig a lot, but I would have loved a chance to stock up on standard FO Stormies... Seems the stores around here got a very small number of these, as in if all 28 people invited to the VIP event showed up that would take almost half the stock.
murphquake

Return to Star Wars