Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

71006 The Simpsons House On Sale 20% Off

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

71006 The Simpsons House On Sale 20% Off

Postby Staff » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:03 pm

Honestly, I had no idea this thing was still in production. Apparently it is, and Walmart and Amazon are sick of looking at it. So they've discounted the D2C set 71006 The Simpsons House by 20% and it is now $159.99. This might be the first time this set's ever gone on sale. Shipping is free no matter which vendor you choose. Doing a quick search, it doesn't look like we ever did a review. But I do remember some comments from Nick. If you're a stickler for detail, you'll be disappointed in that the layout of the house isn't accurate to the show's house. Half the minifigs look sleepy or have a bad case of the munchies. I'm kind of surprised another cornerstone Simpsons set hasn't come out other than this and the Kwik-E-Mart.
---
Permalink: https://www.fbtb.net/lego-the-simpsons/2017/11/16/71006-simpsons-house-sale-20-off/
Staff

Re: 71006 The Simpsons House On Sale 20% Off

Postby dWhisper » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:47 pm

I could have sworn you did the review on it. It's a testament to the Kwik-E-Mart that it was so good I went out to buy this set after I did that review. In part because I thought it was going to go out of print (and hadn't been available at LEGO stores for some time), also because it was more Simpsons.

You remember my overall impressions well, though. The look only holds up until you look inside the thing. Even the outside feels too short, the garage section is far too prone to breaking, and the layout inside is just awful. It's not so much a matter of making LEGO sort of compromises (like the height), it's that elements of the layout that work into the show several times are off. Things like the stairs being on the wrong side or the lack of a living room (only the TV room... the Simpson's house is actually a gigantic palace compared to any home that I've ever lived in)... things like that.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Return to Finds/Deals