Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Review: 76025 Green Lantern vs. Sinestro

The official Lego set review forum. Please read the Guidelines before posting!

Re: Review: 76025 Green Lantern vs. Sinestro

Postby Zack509k » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:47 pm

PurpleDave wrote:Your trans-neon yellow is actually trans-neon green, and your trans-neon green is actually trans-bright green. There is an actual trans-neon yellow color, but it was only used for two Bionicle parts, a 1x1 round plate, and Clikits that I know of. It looks like trans-yellow with a slight peachy overtone.

I don't recall Kyle being the go-to Lantern for _any_ TV series. DCAU was Jon Stewart (though Hal, Kyle, and Guy probably all made appearances). GL:TAS was Hal Jordan. I'm assuming Superfriends was Hal as well, since there weren't any other real options back then. Most DC series don't feature any GL at all. I know at least one must have appeared in B:TBatB, but honestly I don't care enough to know which ones (I'm assuming Guy Gardner). In the DC animated movies, Hal was the main character in both JL: The New Frontier and GL: Emerald Knights, and a feature character in JL: Doom. Offhand I don't remember anything else he has appeared in, but Kyle probably shows up less often than Guy.

The jet makes more sense if you've seen GL:TAS, since the entire series pretty much took place on a giant experimental GLC spaceship. But it's not a construct, and it serves as a GL battery. So there's one reason right there, since at least Thor just needs to hang onto his hammer to stay alive. GL comes with a 24-hour time limit.

Space Batman kinda sucks in one regard. The video game shows him as having a decorated 1x2 tile (with a bat-logo) on the jetpack. Instead we get a shiny new nothing.

Actually the Green Lantern in the B:TBatB is Guy Gardner. They had the Guy Gardner GL in the Justice League vs. Bizarro League. So why make this set and then use a Guy Gardner in the movie. I know that Lego usually incorporates people or sets that they will have in the future but is this one of those cartoons?
Check me out at legostarwars.com
Zack509k

Previous

Return to Reviews