Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Avast antivirus blocking the site.

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Avast antivirus blocking the site.

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:12 am

My computers at home have Avast antivirus installed, and for the past few days will not allow access to this site because it says it contains a virus. The anti-virus as work (where I am now) doesn't blink at accessing the site. Anybody have any ideas why this might be happening? This is, so far as I can tell, the only site affected. All my other usual haunts have no issues on my home computers.
Mister Ed

Re: Avast antivirus blocking the site.

Postby Solo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:38 am

I think this has happened before, or something like it.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby dWhisper » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:56 am

Actually, I was having the same exact problem with this earlier this week, and sadly, the ultimate fix was "install something else." I opted for AVG instead.

For some reason, Avast is flagging the site as a problem, even though there's no record of anything, no reports that something was served, and no link back to it. The only outlet that it gives to report a false positive, but that doesn't unblock the site. I went so far as to white list the URL, but their terrible product seems to ignore their own whitelist, and it continues to block the site. We've been digging to try to find out how to fix it, but they're not exactly the best at giving information.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:29 am

Oddly enough, the problem seems to have just gone away now.
Mister Ed

Postby dWhisper » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:09 am

Per the folks at Avast, this problem should be fixed in their "next virus updates." Given how rapidly that happens, I'd assume it's already gone out.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Return to Suggestions