Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

1999 Star Wars Space Port set??

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

1999 Star Wars Space Port set??

Postby bigj22 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:51 am

hi Guys, This was listed on Ebay. I have never seen this set nor any info on it. Anyone have any idea on what it is??

Ebay item number is ( 152842127300 ) sorry i dont know how to link it.

Anyways i purchashed it thinking it was rare.
bigj22

Re: 1999 Star Wars Space Port set??

Postby crazybirdman » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:59 am

Was there a set number? Did you check the LEGO website, or Bricklink? Or even completed auctions to see if anything similar sold?
crazybirdman

Postby bigj22 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:21 am

there was no number that i could see. i checked bricklink and lego and no luck. the packaging looks real and aged from 1999 but idk
bigj22

Postby WillyWampa » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:41 am

Looks like a promo item from back when LEGO first launched the Star Wars line of sets. A quick google search for "lego 1999 toy fair" brought up a couple of pics.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Toy_Fair_199 ... al_Diorama

Quite a good find! I'd have snapped it up if I had seen it first :D
WillyWampa

Postby PurpleDave » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:42 pm

bigj22 wrote:hi Guys, This was listed on Ebay. I have never seen this set nor any info on it. Anyone have any idea on what it is??

Ebay item number is ( 152842127300 ) sorry i dont know how to link it.

Anyways i purchashed it thinking it was rare.

It is, but holy cow that thing looks terrible. And I'm not just talking about the inch of dust on the parts inside the box. I'm talking about the fact that it looks like the box has received some significant amount of water damage, judging by how wavy the surface of the box looks in the second and fourth images, and how crushed the top looks in the first/last image. Well, you certainly didn't overpay for the thing, at least.
Everything is Batman! Except Adam West.
PurpleDave

Postby bigj22 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:34 pm

I havent received it yet in the mail but it must be pretty rare and not pushing anyone away from it. Ive gotten several messages from people wanting to buy it from me. So that being said, im pretty happy. Everyone has told me they have never seen it before on Ebay.
bigj22

Postby PurpleDave » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:06 pm

It's definitely rare. Bricklink doesn't have any sales in the last six months, or any listed for sale. Even in rough shape it's gotta be worth a lot more than you paid for it, judging by the prices some of the other ones list for on Bricklink. Just, you know, realize you're not getting a pristine version, so it's going to be worth a lot less than if it was in mint condition. It's the first announcement for a licensed LEGO theme, it's over 15 years old at this point, and the vast majority of anyone who actually planned to sell theirs have already done so by now. Based on the title, this one was listed by someone who had no idea what they were unloading, and probably thinks they got a nice payout for something that could have probably gotten them 10-20x as much if they'd done a better job researching it. Or even reading it, since it pretty much spells out what it was for on the inside of the flap.

I've got a couple of NYTF invites, but they don't have near the appeal of one of these licensed-theme window boxes. One was just a paper invite printed on fancy cardstock, and the other was a brick-built 2x4 brick with a drawer that would pull out to reveal a pile of fairly basic parts for you to build something out of (it tied into the Designer theme's launch).
Everything is Batman! Except Adam West.
PurpleDave

Return to General LEGO Discussions