[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4713: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
LEGO Star Wars Forum | From Bricks To Bothans • View topic - People Actually Want Toy Block Tape?
template->_php_include(): File ././../wp-content/themes/custom/baseHeader.php does not exist or is empty

People Actually Want Toy Block Tape?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

People Actually Want Toy Block Tape?

Postby Staff » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:56 am

I saw this on this on the news the other night, this being LEGO-compatible tape that no one asked for. Nimuno Loops, its official name, by Team Nimuno - Division of Chrome Cherry Design Studio, is making this flexible, cuttable tape in several widths and colors, with a sticky back that they claim is reusable. I'm curious how reusable this tape would be, especially in the hands of kids. They are making tape in both the stud and tube sides, so they can bind together. The actual clutch power to LEGO bricks remains to be seen. You can check out more information on their Nimuno Loops Indiegogo page. The crowdfunding phase has closed, meeting an astonishing 20055% of their original goal. You can pick some up on Amazon along with other LEGO-compatible tape that seems to have already existed. So why it's a big deal now, I have no idea, but it seems like a pretty stupid idea if you ask me.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2017/09/19/people-actually-want-toy-block-tape/
Staff

Re: People Actually Want Toy Block Tape?

Postby yogibara » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:46 pm

My wife surprised me with this tape. Same vendor. I can't seem to find a use for it. it works ok but doesn't stick very well. See image on imgur. https://imgur.com/gallery/Jch5x
yogibara

Postby PurpleDave » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:59 pm

I just had a coworker show me this at lunch. I wrote it off as a sub-par idea months ago because any flex will affect how well (or if) parts can attach.
Everything is Batman! Except Adam West.
PurpleDave

Postby GrayMattR » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:55 pm

I don't know if it's the same brand, but my Walmart has four shelves of this stuff in their clearance aisle already. Kinda expensive even at the clearance price.
Hit me up on Instagram or on Topps Star Wars Card Trader @GrayMattR
GrayMattR

Postby samtheq » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:16 am

A couple of months ago, this stuff was suddenly everywhere...news covered it, social media was full of it. Then, five seconds passed, and it was already being copied and sold on the Chinese websites. I wasn't impressed with it as a domestic "invention," so why would I buy it when it takes a month to mail it to the US? Next!
samtheq

Postby cryptickosh » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am

I'm a long time visitor, and I must say I am highly disappointed in this post. While I understand that you may not like the idea and can't see yourself buying it, (neither can I personally), just calling it stupid should be below you. If you don't want to waste money on buying some to review it, that's fine too. However, clearly some LEGO fans wanted it, so why call your potential visitors "stupid". I understand that the site is under going some changes, and like you I'm a little burned out on LEGO too, but this is not the right direction to go.

cryptickosh,
cryptickosh

Postby TeddytheSpoon » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:09 am

cryptickosh - you think this is bad, you should read some of the - shall we say - less generous reviews on this site. Quality reading.

I overheard a woman in a brand retail store the other day ask if they had any Lego tape in stock and I nearly did a double-take. The poor store assistant looked very confused.
TeddytheSpoon

Postby rodiziorobs » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:56 am

I have some clear 1x2s permanently stuck to the wall to affix holiday decorations/Christmas stockings. They are stuck with those command strips, and work really well. I can see a use for something you could remove and put somwhere else (kid's rooms, particularly), but being flexible I assume means the clutch of it is really bad. The command strips have been doing fine for nearly 2 years now.
See more on my .
rodiziorobs

Postby onions » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:00 pm

onions
Damp Noodle

Postby rushiosan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:47 pm

You're entitled to your opinion.

35.000+ people seem to disagree though.
rushiosan

Postby dWhisper » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:58 pm

And?
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Brainslugged » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:42 am

So you're telling me I won't be able to attach my UCS Falcon to the wall with this stuff? :D
Brainslugged

Postby freschettabrick » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:36 pm

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by freschettabrick on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freschettabrick

Postby Flynn » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:01 pm

Maybe this is me being dense, but since when has FBTB been considered "professional"? This is a fan site, first and foremost. FBTB isn't LEGO-affiliated, and isn't bound the same rules of professionalism that a company site would be. The site reviewers are volunteers offering their freetime, and in my mind are absolutely free to tailor their reviews exactly how they want. If you don't like it, then all props to you--as you say, you stopped reading the reviews here. That is absolutely fine. But I don't see the value in people every few months or so chiming in to complain about the site being too negative or something.

(also, though, I'm extremely wary of the idea that topics like "we need more female minifigures" shouldn't be dicussed. IMO, even "professional" sites should be discussing stuff like that)
Flynn

Return to General LEGO Discussions