[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4713: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
LEGO Star Wars Forum | From Bricks To Bothans • View topic - List of 2016 Lego Shows / Conventions
template->_php_include(): File ././../wp-content/themes/custom/baseHeader.php does not exist or is empty

List of 2016 Lego Shows / Conventions

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

List of 2016 Lego Shows / Conventions

Postby BennyBing » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:11 am

Hi,

I'm having difficulty finding a list of 2016 Lego shows or conventions, so far I only found a list for 2015.

Is there a good place to look for such information? I would like to take my famliy to see one. I live in North Jersey and was thinking about going to Billion Bricks 3 event in Stamford, CT: http://www.stamfordmuseum.org/lego.html#rebel

But not sure if it's that great or worth it...I think going to a convention would be the coolest thing because of all the people, diversity of MOC's, you can buy bricks there.

Are there any big conventions that happen in NYC?

Thanks!

Ben
BennyBing

Re: List of 2016 Lego Shows / Conventions

Postby Crusader » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:42 am

There is BrickFair New Jersey at the Garden State Expo Center in Somerset. The last two years it has been set on the last weekend of October. I took my family for a day there two years ago and it was great. It is not the biggest event but there was plenty to see for an afternoon outing. There were a ton of outstanding MOCs and many vendors selling bricks and custom stuff. It might be worth checking that out before you commit to a bigger event.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby murphquake » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:50 am

Hi Ben,
I'm from NYC and a member of I LUG NY that puts on the A Billion Bricks event in CT (you should totally go) It's not a huge show but we have a large display that takes up about half of the museum space and we also do a couple events on weekends for kids. One section is filled with various environments from underwater to town and space while the other is a history of LEGO Star Wars filled with iconic sets and ringed entirely with SW minifigures (i think we ended up being able to fit over 500... between us there were only 3 we didn't have on hand when we were setting up =-) Stamford is not far past the NY/CT border, so it's not too bad of a ride... once you get through the Bronx you're usually there in less than half an hour, so if you're coming from the GWB it's not all that far if you beat the traffic.

We have also been attending BrickFair NJ and this year was my first year and it was awesome. I went for all 4 days (Thursday & Friday are not public days and are a ton of fun with lots of events to break up the fun of spending hours setting up MOCs and displays). If you're an AFOL and builder I'd recommend registering as an AFOL and coming for those days if at all possible, that's where the community is, the public hours are just that, perfect for the kids but not as much of the fun stuff that we do when the public is gone.

Beyond that there aren't really any major Lego events in this area. I LUG NY will have another show in april at the Lyndhurst Castle in Tarrytown, NY, which will have activities for kids and several vendors. We also put up a booth at World Maker Faire in Queens every September, which is an amazing event on its own and we just bring some toys to show off.
murphquake

Postby sparkart » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:26 am

Your is a good place to find information about local shows and events. Most LUGs maintain a website, mailing list, Yahoo or Google group, etc.

facebook.com/sparkart.stuff
sparkart.storenvy.com/
sparkart

Return to General LEGO Discussions