[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4713: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
LEGO Star Wars Forum | From Bricks To Bothans • View topic - Announcing Palpatine's Shrink-O-Matic Ray Contest
Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Announcing Palpatine's Shrink-O-Matic Ray Contest

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Announcing Palpatine's Shrink-O-Matic Ray Contest

Postby Solo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:15 am

Solo

Re: microfig contest planning

Postby onions » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:02 pm

reserved for rules clarification

1/6: updated rules for pilot orientation: must be standing while piloting the vehicle/ship/fighter
onions
Damp Noodle

Re: Announcing Palpatine's Shrink-O-Matic Ray Contest

Postby itchybreath » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:54 am

deathstar for the win!
itchybreath

Postby b4p » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:56 am

it's a shame this set was not allowed on sale in the US and it's kinna pricey now. boo hoo and all that :P
b4p

Postby dodge » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:33 am

Very interesting challenge Solo. I've just begun to appreciate the micro-figs and the potential they have.
dodge

Postby murphquake » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:39 am

b4p, I got 2 copies for just over US$70 shipped from Amazon.it a few weeks back, sweet set, I love the SW micros, I hope the continue the series. Best part was it was slated to come around this week but showed up before xmas!

Don & Ace, gotta admit I'm mildly disappointed you aren't allowing aminals, the tauntaun from the game is kinda cool. I actually like the snowspeeder (looks way better with the pilots in) tho, so I can't be trusted :-)
murphquake

Postby Mister Ed » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:16 am

I'm a little perplexed by the "oriented as if they are piloting it" requirement. Most ships are piloted sitting down, and microfigs obviously cannot sit. Personally I feel that, for a bunch of ships, the sitting position in which they are piloted is actually closer to lying down than to standing up (legs stretched out in front, while leaning back to some degree). Is this really a way to say, "sitting down equals standing up, and ignore how it looks"?
Mister Ed

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:18 am

I can see the logic. You want your pilot to be able to look straight out. Just have a little pit where the seat would be.

>>Rick@fbtb.net <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby onions » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:33 am

onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Ultron32 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:03 am

This sounds fun. And amazon does have it for about $37 i believe. I'll see what i can do in a contest where there is no possible way to involve penguins. :)
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby sparkart » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:32 am

We starting a pool for the number of Slave I entries? The mini Slave I is half-way there, just need to re-engineer to fit a microfig. Easier said than done?
sparkart

Postby Mister Ed » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Mister Ed

Postby banthafodder » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:32 pm

Does the windscreen for the cockpit have to be a physical windscreen or can it be inferred such as with the UCS falcon?
banthafodder

Postby Margot » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:30 pm

If you are talking about an airplane cockpit, then no, lying back is not closer to normal. You need to be able to see forward and down. Like onions said.
Margot

Postby Solo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:13 pm

Mister Ed : no. Pilots generally face forward so they can see where they are going. Since these microfigs cannot bend at the waist to sit, they have to stand. Leaning back at an incline might appear more natural from an outside point of view but from the pilots perspective they are no longer looking forward, but upward. That is a terrible position to fly in. It's really that simple.

banthafodder: physical windscreens please. The UCS Falcon would not clear the enclosed cockpit rule.

Solo

Postby onions » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:28 pm

onions
Damp Noodle

Postby agrahmann » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Here's my entry, a microfig-scale Escape Pod from Episode IV. It was somewhat tricky to meet the requirement of showing the "pilot" inside the "cockpit," since this vehicle isn't designed for much visibility. Still, the two droids are in there, pushed up only a little bit for the photo (the black bar you see just stabilizes the inner structure, which you can see more clearly in the photoset).

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

Check out a few more pictures in the flickr photoset here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/agrahmann/ ... 459264914/

Thanks for a great contest FBTB team!
agrahmann

Postby DanBinks » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:40 pm

I got inspired and made a (chibi) Starspeeder 3000 from Star Tours, but since it does not appear in an actual Star Wars movie, do I need to consider making something else?
DanBinks

Postby Mister Ed » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Mister Ed

Postby Solo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:01 am

Solo

Next

Return to Contests & Community Builds