Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB Announces Star Wars X Building Contest

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: FBTB Announces Star Wars X Building Contest

Postby naugem » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:27 pm

Xesh-Wing

ImageXesh-Wing by naugem, on Flickr

The Xesh-Wing is a starfighter built for speed. Used as the spear point in combat due to its superior acceleration, it is also a favorite in hit-n-run attacks and in pursuits. Its unique shape allows for better maneuvering and handling at high speeds, especially in atmospheric conditions.

The cockpit section is detachable and serves as an independent pod, useful for when the rest of the ship is damaged or for entering places a larger ship can't.

ImageXesh-Wing by naugem, on Flickr

Attaching the different sections together presented an interesting challenge, but in the end the structure of the ship ended up being sturdier than I expected, and it holds together fine when handling and gentle swooshing, so long as its held by the engines core.

You can see more pics in my Flickr gallery.
naugem

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:17 am

matoli wrote:My submission.
D.R.O.I.D. recycling chain. Droids evolved: far away from Geonosis foundry the entire combat stuff is recycled. Damaged droids are accurately refurbished, if they missed legs than a robot chain will provide new legs, and so on. The chain structure simulate the word DROID in Aurebesh alphabet.

This is REALLY cool, but I thought the entry had to be a ship.
Mister Ed

Postby Ramsayman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:35 am

Okay! New to the forums, and here's my first entry into a contest here! Designed by my son and built by me and my two sons. Tricky to get the sliding and unfolding wings, but, well worth the effort! We really like this fighter, "cobbled together" in a traditional Star Wars style!

Here it is, the Aurek Fighter:

Full gallery here:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsksn26vA

Thanks guys! Hope you like it!
Ramsayman

Postby ZachAttack0092 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:45 am

Hello, I'm new here but I wanted to add my ship to the contest. I chose the Aurebesh letter Dorn, which is essential a backwards "F".

Anyways, here is my F-Wing bomber! I imagined it as an expanded universe ship used by the New Republic alongside craft like the E-Wing.

ImageFreitek F-Wing Bomber by Zach Sweigart, on Flickr

ImageFreitek F-Wing Bomber by Zach Sweigart, on Flickr

The rest of the pictures are on Flickr.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/?
ZachAttack0092

Postby matoli » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:29 am

Mister Ed wrote:This is REALLY cool, but I thought the entry had to be a ship.

Thanks, I know, but it was just to be here in this amazing contest!
matoli

Postby procrastin8 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:48 am

Here is my entry for this inspiring contest, an Imperial Aurek fighter. The Empire appears to be underrepresented here. :)

This fearsome hyperdrive-equipped two-seater strike craft was built in limited numbers by a sequestered team at the Kuat Drive Yards. Ion cannons mounted in each wingtip provided crippling blows against capital ships with guided missiles aimed by the gunner to add insult to injury. This is the first TIE craft to provide for survivability- the cockpit can separate from the main ship in emergencies. A landing cradle could be temporarily affixed for certain deployments. Heavy lasers are nestled between the missile banks and the standard chin-mounted light lasers offer close protection.

It's quite swooshable, the spring-loaded ion cannons are fun, and the missile doors in the wing roots open. The gunner's chair rotates, and the crew is accessible via twin cockpit doors.

Many more photos can be seen at my flickr album. Thank you and good luck to all!

ImageImperial Aurek Fighter by Lego Man, on Flickr

ImageImperial Aurek Fighter by Lego Man, on Flickr

edit: flickr album link here:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmaQd6o6
procrastin8

Postby majortom » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:40 am

I had a great time creating my entry for this contest- Thanks FBTB!

My entry is this Dorn wing starfighter.

ImageDorn wing Star fighter by Thomas Jenkins, on Flickr

I had the idea to use those dinosaur bodies in such a way for a long long time. I'm glad I was finally given the impetus to put it to use. I was keen to tackle a slightly more tricky glyph- it was pretty challenging to find a way to get the angles on this thing right. The cockpit went through a number of iterations before finally settling on the incorporation of those dinosaur bodies again.

ImageDorn wing Star fighter by Thomas Jenkins, on Flickr

I've seen some really inspiring entries here and on flickr- can't wait to see them all.
majortom

Postby kritch » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:19 am

Just another Besh Starfighter. More views on Flickr

kritch

Postby [email protected] » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:05 am

Contest Entry: Dorn-Wing light cargo freighter

The GW-282 light cargo freighter or Dorn-wing was a ship used by the Trade Spine League and by some rebel cells as a blockade runner. Equipped with various blaster cannons, serviceable engines, and a highly competent array of sensors and computer banks, the Dorn-Wing made for an effective ship capable of overseeing many tasks.

ImageDorn-Wing light cargo freighter by brickfan02, on Flickr

[email protected]

Postby iliad2099 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:39 pm

A Revolution in Starfighter Design!

Mon Calamari Shipyards is excited to announce its new Besh-class MCB starfighter platform. This innovation in the single-seat format will revolutionize navies of all sizes. The central fuselage contains the cockpit, astromech port, hyperdrive, and primary sublight engines. Most importantly, the fuselage also contains two freely-rotating power coupling collars which connect the main body of the ship to its customizable weapons packages. The ship simply docks between the two interchangeable “besh-wings”, and once the power couplings activate your squadron is mission-ready.

Image24623879_10210980894581786_2136128203_o by iliad2099, on Flickr

The Besh-class MCB has versatility and flexibility unmatched by its competitors. Shown here is the MCB-009 starfighter in dogfighting configuration. The besh-wings each contain twin heavy-duty laser cannons, enhanced defector shields, and dual secondary thrusters. Like all MCB weapons packages, the wings can roll independently of the fuselage, granting your cannons greater targeting accuracy and your engines greater maneuverability both in and out of atmosphere. The MCB-009 is the new benchmark in firepower and speed in the New Republic.

Image24463259_10210980518052373_420585654_o by iliad2099, on Flickr

Weapons packages are also currently available in bomber, light freighter, reconnaissance, and search-and-rescue configurations. Most importantly, if your mission parameters change unexpectedly, the Mon Cal Besh-class fighter can dock with its capital ship, exchange weapons packages, and be back in the fight in a matter of seconds! Why stock your fleet with fighters, bombers, freighters, and scout ships when you can have them all in one? Save room, save money, save lives! Call your local Mon Cal Shipyards representative today.
iliad2099

Postby Darth Dee » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:02 pm

Imperial Dorn Starfighter (Experimental)

Sienar Fleet Systems built this prototype for the Empire to test fly. It was parked in a hangar bay in the second Death Star and was going to be tested in mop-up action against remaining rebel fighters following the Battle of Endor...

ImageDornFight1 by DarthDee, on Flickr

ImageDornFight2 by DarthDee, on Flickr

Flickr Album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 102744754/
Darth Dee

Postby meiguizi » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:49 pm

Another Dorn-Wing. I did not realize when I picked it that Dorn was going to be this popular. Apologies for the sub-optimal picture setup, this thing defeated my usual homemade lightbox and I had to improvise.

ImageUntitled by DaMeiGuizi, on Flickr

Designed to be a cost-effective counter to the increasingly large and devastating capital ships of the First Order, the Dorn-Wing was designed from the ground up to be able to quickly deliver heavy munitions payloads to large armored ships. With ever larger capital ships and super weapons able to inflict massive destruction on either terrestrial or space-based targets, the Resistance turned to Mon Calamari ship designers to find a successful countermeasure that could be deployed en masse to hopefully turn the tide of future space battles. Nicknamed for the opportunistic scavengers and salvagers that pick over the debris of large space battles, the Dorn-Wing 'Shipbreaker' eschews a companion astromech droid in favor of a specialized bombardier droid co-pilot.

ImageDorn wing by DaMeiGuizi, on Flickr

Equipped with 4 robust sublight drives, as well as a hyperdrive and capital ship level shielding, the Dorn-Wing is capable of completing objectives amidst the heavy fire from ship-based weapon emplacements. While not designed for sustained dogfights, the Dorn-Wing can hold its own long enough in ship to ship combat for support to arrive, due to its rear-mounted flak launchers, which can be used against guided munitions or unshielded pursuing starfighters.

Offensively, the main starfighter is equipped with 2 pairs of heavy laser cannons and a pair of concussion missile launchers. The munitions foil (which can be stowed along either wide for storage/docking) contains a pair of pivoting heavy ion cannons to disable targets, as well as a payload of 8 proton torpedo tubes and 4 heavy proton bombs, all set at an offset angle for easier deployment in flight.
meiguizi

Postby 1980's Space » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:25 pm

The Vev Fighter is a heavy weapons star fighter that was developed by the Rebel Alliance after the Battle of Hoth to take down AT-AT's.

ImageVevFighterATATBusterTop by Sid Boyd, on Flickr

ImageVevFighterATATBusterBox2 by Sid Boyd, on Flickr

To get more pictures, use this link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/157816784 ... 929825065/
1980's Space

Postby TheBrickshipyard » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:55 pm

My entry for the contest is the Black Sun Aurek Starfighter. A favored ship of Prince Xizor and his beautiful, yet deadly robot aid Guri. These two figures are provided and used with permission courtesy of Justin Stebbins, better known as Saber Scorpion. To best harness the power of this exotic ship, the outer rim insect species contracted by Xizor gifted him an advanced tactical droid that interfaces directly with the Aurek Starfighter's computers for sensor monitoring and system management. Thereby freeing Guri to focus on piloting and gunning, or her next Assassin mission.

The ship itself uses some unorthodox techniques such as rubber bands holding the trans-black (train) cockpit piece. I also used the old space Insectoid pieces to have some exotic DNA in the build as Xizor had a thing for one of a kind designs.

Lots of great entries and I am just thrilled to enter! Thank you for reading.

-TheBrickshipyard

[url][url=https://flic.kr/p/226e2Ks]Image[/url]IMG_2406 by Kyle Warnock, on Flickr[/url]

[url][url=https://flic.kr/p/226e3gN]Image[/url]IMG_2404 by Kyle Warnock, on Flickr[/url]
TheBrickshipyard

Postby goatman461 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:07 pm

Resh (r) Starfighter

ImageResh (r) Starfighter - FBTB by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

ImageResh (r) Starfighter - FBTB by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

The ship was designed by belligerent Togruta that took to weapons design after being enslaved during the Clone Wars, hence the asymmetrical design symbolic of his divergence from his culture. It is maintained by the Togruta's daughter and a Zabrak survivor from Jedha. A Twi'lek zealot guards the depot while a Hiitian pilot flies intercept missions against Imperial cargo.

I'll try to get some detail shots on Flickr this week. I've been very busy trying to open a LEGO resale store / buildspace in Fort Worth, so not much time to edit shots.
goatman461

Postby iliad2099 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:38 pm

Hi, I hope I haven't done something wrong. I submitted my entry several hours ago and it isn't showing up on the forum. Did I mess up my submission or is it just stuck in a moderation queue? Thanks! Sorry to be a bother.
iliad2099

Postby Kingdomview Bricks » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:53 pm

Dorn is a popular letter I see, great minds think alike I guess! Anyway here's my entry:

ImageDorn-Wing Starfighter by Kingdomviewbricks, on Flickr
Kingdomview Bricks

Postby rodiziorobs » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:56 pm

Senth Fighter (with authentic battle damage!)

Derjerak was in trouble. She had taken a direct hit on her Attack fighter, which had fried the circuits and charred the frame--as the ailing wing bent back with the velocity of her descent through the atmosphere, all she could think of was bad Senth jokes. It was a bad way to go.

ImageFbtb SW X - Senth Fighter (with authentic battle damage!) by rodiziorobs, on Flickr

ImageFbtb SW X - Senth Fighter (with authentic battle damage!) by rodiziorobs, on Flickr
See more on my Flickr page.
rodiziorobs

Previous

Return to Contests & Community Builds