Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Micro/Midis Contest

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Microfighter Entry

Postby sparkart » Thu May 18, 2017 12:34 am

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

See, because they're all clones...Ok, technically not brothers, but...brothers-in-arms? Yeah. That's it.
sparkart

Re: Micro/Midis Contest

Postby foximus-prime » Thu May 18, 2017 7:13 am

Trooper10 wrote:Midi: Star Destroyer

Sorry guy but that ships been done by Lego as a midi. It's set #8099 so the Star Destroyer and Millennium Falcon are off limits.

You're more than welcome to do the Interdictor if you'd like. Also remember to go bigger as yours was more mini than midi.
foximus-prime

Postby foximus-prime » Thu May 18, 2017 7:20 am

Congrats Sparkart! I was considering doing a combo/ big box version too. But I was going to do a Jedi Starfighter with a Hyperdrive ring.... Sadly don't have the right parts to build it :facepalm:
foximus-prime

Postby sparkart » Thu May 18, 2017 7:43 am

foximus-prime wrote:Sorry guy but that ships been done by Lego as a midi. It's set #8099 so the Star Destroyer and Millennium Falcon are off limits.
You're more than welcome to do the Interdictor if you'd like. Also remember to go bigger as yours was more mini than midi.

I hope this isn't true, because I'm planning a Midi Millennium Falcon. The rule that reads, "Pick a vehicle from any of the mainline films or TV series [that] hasn't been made into an official microfighter set already..." IMHO, doesn't apply to Midi builds, but then, I'm not a referee, so my opinion really doesn't matter. I am a voter, and Trooper10's Star Destroyer gets my vote as a good Midi representation; I can't see it as a poly-bag, and it fits in a shoe-box.

foximus-prime wrote:...I was going to do a Jedi Starfighter with a Hyperdrive ring.... Sadly don't have the right parts to build it :facepalm:

You've got to put the "party" in participation. When I make anything in LEGO, I always have to buy parts. Most of my parts come from Bricklink. I like to think that my inventory is outsourced to all the stores on Bricklink. I have access to almost every part that LEGO ever made, I just have to pay time and money to get to it.
sparkart

Postby kritch » Thu May 18, 2017 2:34 pm

Rey's Microfighter speeder. A couple of other views on my flickr and the side panels open too.

kritch

Postby banthafodder » Thu May 18, 2017 7:23 pm

HAMMERHEAD CORVETTE

ImageMicrofighter Hammerhead Corvette by trochanter, on Flickr

This version is based off the Rebels animated series. Captained here by Admiral Raddus as it was his decision to use the hammerhead to push the two star destroyers together.
banthafodder

Midi Entry

Postby sparkart » Thu May 18, 2017 10:59 pm

What a piece of junk! by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

Follow the link to my Flickr photo stream and you can find a dozen pages of step-by-step instructions and suggested parts list so you can make this model for yourself!

Oops, I just noticed that the cockpit assembly sequence in the instructions is a bit awkward. Meh, I'm not going to fix it. We're all experienced LEGO builders around here, I'm sure you can figure it out. Good luck, and may the Force be with you.
sparkart

Postby drdoddo » Fri May 19, 2017 7:39 am

So I just found this contest and thought I would post something since I made a few midi-scale SW vehicles recently ;) Not sure if this really qualifies since it's not a spaceship, but being a SW-vehicle I thought I'd give it a try.
Introducing one of the most iconic vehicles in the history of the franchise (at least in my opinion), the sandcrawler! I have the UCS version in a box at home and still haven't found space for it...so I decided to create a smaller version of it which can be more easily displayed. It rolls along nicely and the front hatch can be opened as well. More pics on my Flickr, along with a few other midi-scale vehicles (AT-AT and imperial shuttle). Peace!

ImageChibi sandcrawler by Andreas Lenander, on Flickr
drdoddo

Postby Solo » Fri May 19, 2017 4:26 pm

earlier I wrote:I updated that line for clarity - yes it applies to microfighter sets specifically. We just don't want to rehash what Lego has done.

Yeah, so, in hindsight I really dropped be ball on that clarification. LEGO has only made two Midi ships and we had intended for those to be off limits just like the Microfighter exclusion, but I will concede that it's too late in the game to hold everyone to what I meant to say rather than what I actually said. So the Falcon and SSD are fair game for Midis, because I'm an idiot. :facepalm:
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby BricksandBoosters » Sat May 20, 2017 7:59 pm

ImageMidi Scale Slave 1 by BricksandBoosters, on Flickr

My Midi Scale Slave 1

There are more pictures on the photo stream
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 978812063/
BricksandBoosters

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Mon May 22, 2017 1:57 am

Rebel Transport Microfighter

Rebel Transport Microfighter by Andrew, on Flickr

The Rebel Transport, as seen in the evacuation of Hoth. This one doesn't need an Ion cannon to clear a path, it has its own shooter amongst the cargo pods.

I should have taken more pictures from different angles. It's impossible to see that the pilot has some controls on a slope in front of him.
Gingerbeard Man

Postby MCoad » Mon May 22, 2017 12:53 pm

My microfighter entry:
ImageMicrofighter: Obi-wan's Jedi Interceptor by BrickFury, on Flickr
MCoad

Postby foximus-prime » Mon May 22, 2017 1:15 pm

Yeah first A-Wing! Super fun contest. Ended up making an army of different Micro's but this is the one I'll enter.
Imagemicro-a-wing1 by Fox Primus, on Flickr
foximus-prime

Postby foximus-prime » Mon May 22, 2017 1:19 pm

Here's my Midi entry. Figured the Outrider being in the background of Epsd 4 in the digital special editions was debatable. So instead I made another YT-2400, Sato's Hammer from an episode of Rebels.
Imagemidi-sato's-hammer1 by Fox Primus, on Flickr
foximus-prime

Postby Januarybegan » Mon May 22, 2017 7:02 pm

My midi entry. I built this to chase after the Midi Millennium Falcon. Figuratively and literally. Enjoy!
ImageMidi Slave 1 by Januarybegan, on Flickr
Januarybegan

Postby Alpha 40 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:51 pm

Here's my Midi-sized entry:
ImageConsular Class Frigate by ben9996

My photography skills aren't the greatest but hopefully my building makes up for that. I would've done a Hammerhead Corvette but unfortunately I was half way done when that when the competition started so I couldn't enter that. Instead, I decided to make a Clone Wars era ship to go with the rest of my micro Republic ships that are to scale with this.
Alpha 40

Postby jwarner17 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:25 pm

My Microfighter entry: the Venator-class Republic cruiser. Very proud of the way everything fit together. A couple
more angles on my Flickr.
ImageVenator-Class Republic Cruiser by jwarner1718, on Flickr
jwarner17

Re: Micro/Midis Contest - FO Transport

Postby JoeMMo » Tue May 23, 2017 4:57 am

Building Microfighters has been a bit of a hobby of mine recently so I had a hard time deciding which one I wanted to enter but in the end I went for the First Order Transporter from Ep7... here it is

Microfighter First Order Transport

It has a working ramp and turret hatch and you can just fit a minifig inside the troop bay (lying down!)

Anyway - hope you like it, more photos of this one and my other Micros are here:https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Cheers!
Joe
Last edited by JoeMMo on Tue May 23, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeMMo

Postby [email protected] » Tue May 23, 2017 9:44 am

My entry for the Microfighters category:

ImageArquitens-class light cruiser by brickfan02, on Flickr

The Arquitens-class light cruiser from Star Wars Rebels. :)

More pictures are available here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/137726201 ... 4080938336
[email protected]

Postby RDMstudios » Tue May 23, 2017 11:27 am

Here is my entry, Microfighter Cloud City!

ImageMicrofighter Cloud City A by RDMstudios, on Flickr
RDMstudios

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds