[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4713: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
LEGO Star Wars Forum | From Bricks To Bothans • View topic - Themed Speeder Bikes Contest Announcement
Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Themed Speeder Bikes Contest Announcement

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: Themed Speeder Bikes Contest Announcement

Postby dWhisper » Sat May 14, 2016 8:19 am

If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Solo » Sat May 14, 2016 7:35 pm

Solo

Postby foximus-prime » Sun May 15, 2016 8:04 am

Ok two questions for me before I start building.
1. If using say... a Ferrari set mini fig an I aloud to put on body wear or head wear from other themes? I only ask this because I have a variety of red helmets that I feel would look better than the standard space helm.

2. When you say we have to build a pair of bikes, do they have to be identical or can they be different? Say like a Sport Bike vs. Lowrider or Cruiser?
foximus-prime

Postby Solo » Sun May 15, 2016 10:35 pm

Solo

Postby Veynom » Tue May 17, 2016 8:22 am

Here is my entry, based around the Galaxy Trooper minifig. (71008)

Let me present you a typical patrol from the Galaxy Security Forces.

by , on Flickr

The patrol is composed of 2 type of speeder bikes: The KH-2 Airspeeder and the KH-3 Hammerbike.

The KH-2 Airspeeder is a long range reconnaissance and interception bike.

by , on Flickr

The KH-3 is rather a versatile heavy firepower platform.

by , on Flickr

Combine them together in a single flight and you have a lot of possibilities to enforce security.
If you like big buns of course. XD

by , on Flickr

EDIT 04/06/2016: The KH-3 has been replaced by the KH-3b. Control vanes have been added in order to comply with local regulations an specification requirements. ;)
Last edited by Veynom on Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Veynom
*** This post is written on 100% recyclable electrons. ***
My MOC Page -
Star Wars Combine Online Game -
Veynom

Postby Solo » Tue May 17, 2016 9:16 am

Those fixes clear the rules now, so you're good to go.

Solo

Postby Veynom » Tue May 17, 2016 10:16 am

--
Veynom
*** This post is written on 100% recyclable electrons. ***
My MOC Page -
Star Wars Combine Online Game -
Veynom

Postby TomGilson » Tue May 17, 2016 11:49 am

TomGilson

Postby dWhisper » Tue May 17, 2016 12:20 pm

If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Doctor Who Dalek-powered Speeders

Postby westonkd » Tue May 17, 2016 4:48 pm

Trapped on the planet Skaro and separated from his TARDIS, the Doctor and Clara Oswald are forced to build speeders using old Daleks as a power source to make their escape! 

Hope you like them! I thought speeders with a Dalek as the power source would be a fun idea. There are a few more close ups you can see
Last edited by westonkd on Wed May 18, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westonkd

Postby TomGilson » Tue May 17, 2016 8:50 pm

Thx for the reminder. Back to work than. :). So i did misread the rules. You may delete this post if you want?

Regards,

Tom
TomGilson

Postby Solo » Tue May 17, 2016 9:26 pm

Veynom - sorry, no, nothing on that one resembles the traditional control vanes described in the rules. You still have plenty of time to modify it if you wish, and you can just edit that post with updated photos (sans text of course) when you're done.

westonkd - that's a great looking speeder, but like Tom you've misread the rules and only have half an entry right now.

Solo

Postby westonkd » Wed May 18, 2016 5:43 am

Whoops, not sure how I missed that one. I think I read an earlier version of the rules which mentioned a passenger and it threw me off. I'll get a second one up and edit the original post. Thanks!
westonkd

Postby TomGilson » Wed May 18, 2016 6:28 am

Solo, if i want to use darth mauls bike as a reverence. Is that ok. You saw my first entry? Was it ok?

Kind regards,

Tom
TomGilson

Postby Solo » Wed May 18, 2016 9:16 am

Solo

Postby westonkd » Wed May 18, 2016 3:40 pm

westonkd

Postby TomGilson » Wed May 18, 2016 9:39 pm

I updated my entry:

LR-666 and AR-66
by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr
TomGilson

Postby minimitch » Thu May 19, 2016 8:33 pm

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

Hope you enjoyed my entry. Here's more images...https://www.flickr.com/photos/69057077@ ... 8537722456

Thanks,
MM
Last edited by minimitch on Sat May 28, 2016 9:37 pm, edited 9 times in total.
minimitch

Postby Solo » Fri May 20, 2016 12:05 am

OK, so, that's great, but it opened up a can of worms. Or ants I guess. I've officially been overruled by Ace on my previous response excluding game figures because if we're going to allow tiny Ant Man, which we are, then the trophy figures from the Helicarrier set should also be allowed since they're just as much not minifigs as that Ant Man is even though I think everyone would agree it makes perfect sense in that one case because it was in a minifig set but the Helicarrier wasn't but whatever I've already lost that battle.

And so, by extension (since they're basically the same size as the trophies), game figures are fair game too. So have fun.

Solo

Postby DrMerlock » Fri May 20, 2016 9:29 am

Thor vs. Loki:
by , on Flickr
Mjolnir speeder:
by , on Flickr
Mjolnir speeder top view:
by , on Flickr
Loki's speeder:
by , on Flickr
Loki's speeder:
by , on Flickr
I hope you enjoyed my entry.
Last edited by DrMerlock on Fri May 20, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrMerlock

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds