Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Themed Speeder Bikes Contest Announcement

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: Themed Speeder Bikes Contest Announcement

Postby DCBricks » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:00 pm

Immediately thought of Space Police VS Blacktron. Took a while to find all the old pieces though...

ImageSide by side front by DC Bricks, on Flickr

ImageBlacktron 1 by DC Bricks, on Flickr

ImageSpace Police 1 by DC Bricks, on Flickr

ImageEnd of the line by DC Bricks, on Flickr

There are a couple more photos at the link.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/143223763 ... 6810643854

This is the first contest I've entered. It feels good to stretch the freebuild legs again.
DCBricks

Postby ELF298 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:31 pm

Hey all, here is my first entry to the contest, two LEGO Minecraft based speeders.
Minecraft Speeders-FBTB by cadbane298

As you can see, Steve took advantage of everything he could. Pickaxes for steering vanes, spots for tools, a furnace for an engine, and he somehow managed to get a plant to grow for a food source! The Skeleton got his hands on a crafting table, and using his brethren made his own speeder bike. With parts from his brethren making the base of the vehicle and his trusty bow acting as forward weaponry he will chase Steve down!
Minecraft Speeders-FBTB by cadbane298
ELF298

Postby ELF298 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:40 pm

For my second entry I have made two speeders from the Collectible Minifigures line, a chariot for the Roman Soldier and the Businessman gets a speeder based off cars from the 1930's! Both vehicle, although from different eras, are transport from two large societies.
Minifigures Theme Speeders-FBTB by
cadbane298

Both vehicles have re-imaginations of the original vehicle design!
Minifigure Theme Speeder Bikes-Side by
cadbane298

The Businessman's car has large rear engines, and four hover engines below.
Gentleman's Speeder-Back by
cadbane298

The chariots robotic horses act as forward engines, similar to a podracer.
Roman Chariot Speeder-Back by
cadbane298

I hope you all enjoy my entries as much as I did building them, good luck to all!
Last edited by ELF298 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ELF298

Postby Lantern 0 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:51 pm

My entry for the Themed Speeder Bike Contest: The Buddy cop duo of Green Lantern Hal Jordon and Hawkman aka Carter Hall

ImageGreen Lantern AND Hawkman Speeder Bikes by Lantern-0, on Flickr

The Sinestro Corps has learned of an ancient Thanagarian super weapon buried some where on Earth. Hawkman has enlisted fellow Justice League member Green Lantern Hal Jordan to help track down Sinestro. After seeing Hawkman's Thanagarian Speeder Bike Green Lantern has decided to help track down his nemesis in a Speeder Bike of his own making.

ImageGreen Lantern Full Speeder Bike 2 by Lantern-0, on Flickr

Introducing the GL-M1 Speeder Bike. Piloted by Captain Hal "Highball" Jordan otherwise known as the Green Lantern of Earth. He's affectionately nicknamed the GL-M1 "Carol".

ImageHawkman Speeder Bike Full, with Fully Extended Wings by Lantern-0, on Flickr

It might be ancient but this Thanagarian H19-K40 Speeder Bike packs a punch. When Hawkman needs to travel even faster than his wings can take him he relies on this Nth metal powered prowler.

Image20160606_095621 by Lantern-0, on Flickr

Hope you guys like these and thanks for checking them out. This is my first time entering a MOC contest so I hope the picture quality is ok. Check out my Flickr Album for more, I've got tons more photos for this build that show all the hidden extras these Speeder Bikes have built into them.
Lantern 0

Postby Solo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:24 pm

ELF298 wrote:Are we allowed to use minifigs from the LEGO Minifigures line? Are there any specific rules pertaining to them?

They are allowed and I explained earlier in the thread that as long as the two minifigs you choose make sense together they do not need to originate from the same theme - so a CMF paired with town/space/castle figs is fine as long as the two are thematically compatible. Look at the Monster Rocker CMF from series 14 and Skeleton above on the previous page as an example.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby aminster85 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:42 pm

M-Tron Themed Speeder Bike

ImageM-Tron themed speeder bike by Adam Minster, on Flickr
aminster85

Postby Solo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:14 pm

FYI: you have under three hours remaining to submit your speeders so don't procrastinate! I, on the other hand, just got home an hour ago due to auto related delays so don't expect to see the poll until tomorrow night.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Kingdomview Bricks » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:40 pm

Black Rider Speeder Bikes

ImageBlack Riders by kingdomviewbricks, on Flickr

Kingdomview Bricks

Previous

Return to Contests & Community Builds