Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Star Wars: Evolved Contest Announcement!

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: Star Wars: Evolved Contest Announcement!

Postby dWhisper » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:23 pm

I a perfect world, it would just be printed on a hypercolor T-shirt...
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Firespray » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:42 pm

dWhisper wrote:I a perfect world, it would just be printed on a hypercolor T-shirt...

I support this idea.
Firespray

Postby crazybirdman » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:01 am

My starfighter submission, the Rockbat:

ImageRockbat front view by James, on Flickr

Continuing in the grand tradition of taking an older starighter and making a current production model. This is nimbler version of Cad Bane's Rogue-class fighter, the Xanadu Blood. It has less firepower and no cloaking device, but is faster and more maneuverable.

ImageRockbat

ImageRockbat

ImageRockbat

ImageRockbat
crazybirdman

Postby TomGilson » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:36 am

Can i post two builds from different builders in one photo?
TomGilson

Postby Solo » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:00 pm

Lets keep this thread for the individual submissions by themselves to avoid confusion. You're welcome to start a thread in the MOC Showcase forum to show them together if you want though, and you can include a link to that in your post here.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Trooper10 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:23 pm

FIRESPRAY 3100 "Slave 1000"
Now in dealer showrooms the all-new Firespray 3100. Revisit the bounty hunters Jango and Boba Fett's legendary Slave I with the all new Firespray 3100. Smaller, lighter, faster and more maneuverable while still packing a huge punch with improved weapons and sensor mounts and a flexible modular interior. With galactic instability on the rise, the Firespray 3100 is the perfect system patrol, reconnaissance, perimeter defense, law enforcement and of course bounty hunter craft for today's discerning individual, corporation or government purchaser.
Features:
- Two fixed-fire twin blasters
- Fully retractable, multi-directional quad gun mount (twin laser and twin ion cannon typical load-out)
- Double-quad missile launchers (4x concussion, 4x Proton torpedo)
- rear bomb bay
- Flexible interior layout for single pilot or pilot/co-pilot
- Comes with 2 free replica Mandalorian Armor flight suits (fits most humanoid species)

Flight Mode - Weapons retracted
Flight Mode - 3/4 view by Chris Wight, on Flickr
Flight Mode - Weapons active
Flight Mode - Weapons active by Chris Wight, on Flickr
Landing Position
Landing position by Chris Wight, on Flickr
Cockpit Detail
Cockpit Detail by Chris Wight, on Flickr
Rear view
Rear by Chris Wight, on Flickr

Check out the rest on Flickr including the retractable gun and good luck to everyone!
Last edited by Trooper10 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trooper10

Postby Thucydides » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:07 am

Hi everyone,

I just registered as a user today, though I have read FBTB posts daily for about two years now. For my last bit of introduction, Thucydides is the name of a Greek historian about whom I learned recently; it just surged to the forefront of my mind for no apparent reason while I was thinking of a username and I chose to roll with it.

I'm still working on my own submission to the contest (LOVE the posters, by the way; hope to earn one :D ), but in the meantime, I, having followed this thread since its inception, have a few things to say:

1] To "TheMisFetts": The change of color scheme evokes (to me at least) the Imperial V-wing that TLG had running a few years back...anyway, really sleek ship you have going on there. I only own one of the X-/Y-wing/Snowspeeder canopies (currently attached to a 9493, sheltering pilot Luke), but I might follow your lead and "borrow" it for an MOC sometime.

2] To "zoop": I keep seeing a face with glasses (the silver-tabbed flick-fires) and a mustache (engine grille) in your three-quarters view photo...also, great idea to slot BB-8 in there; adds a pop of color.

3] To "J3P7": Interesting that you sourced your pieces so carefully; I have hardly a clue where the vast majority of my parts reserve once resided. I can definitely see the N-1 in your Wasp, and the "stinger", as well as the thorough description of the background, is a nice touch. On a side note- sorry to nitpick- did you mean Queen Jamillia? Amidala, who is, despite being largely confined to some borderline-unwatchably lame scenes, my longtime favorite PT character (thus why I would even bother asking), died a Senator.

4] To "kevinmboots": I enjoyed seeing the ca. 2008 style stormtroopers seamlessly juxtaposed with the relatively new AT-DP operators. Great Wookiepedia-style story, too. Do you have any of the shadowtroopers? I have one from the dropship battle pack...his helmet has always kinda freaked me out a bit, being a bit too ghoulish for my tastes.

5] To "crazybirdman": The Rockbat reminds a lot of the MagnaGuard Starfighter, a set I sorta wanted back in the day but never got around to, but your vehicle is more elegant. Looks like a pretty swooshable craft.

6] To "Trooper10": Awesome take on an iconic ship. (The battle pack, Pre Viszla's Fighter, and the more recent Corporate Alliance Tank- all sources for warriors of Mandalore and sets that drew my interest but not my money.) I have to ask: where did you get those pearl grey rounded slopes and the (what appear to me to be) stickers?
Mr. T, signing off.
Thucydides

Postby TheMisFetts » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:07 pm

Wow! Simply stunning, Trooper. Really digging that color scheme!
TheMisFetts

Postby CommanderSeth » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:44 am

Hi FBTB, Here is my entry to the Star Wars Evolved Contest.
The AT-ST has evolved into a Personal Armored Walker with some new features like the Robotic Arms & Hands that can take on any job from clearing forests to rocky terrain, the arms are also fitted with Flame Throwers for eradicating Rebel Scum.
SPECIFICATIONS
Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards
Height: 8m
Speed: 70kmh
Crew: One
Cargo: 100kg
Armament: Chin-mounted Twin Laser Cannons -
Thermal Morter Tubes - 2x Flame Throwers
CommanderSeth

Postby keiththelegokid » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:31 am

My entry the Bumblebee Y-wing :cool:

ImageBumblebee Y-wing by Keith Thelegokid, on Flickr
keiththelegokid

Postby +ROOK+ » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:02 pm

I tried posting this morning, and I'm new so I'll try again.

FIRST ORDER STAR FIGHTER

First Order Starfighter by Robert Haley, on Flickr

Enjoy!
+ROOK+

Postby Scorch Bricks » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:40 am

FIRST ORDER AT-ST (All Terrain Support Transport)
Following the battle of Endor, Kuat Drive Yards designers went about reworking their design for the imperial era AT-ST, after several weaknesses had been uncovered during the battle. This new walker would pave the way into a new generation of bipedal attack walkers.
This new design was tasked with combining the nimbleness and speed of an AT-ST with the armour and firepower of the AT-AT. However after the fall of the emperor and the fragmentation of the Imperial Military this design never saw construction, until several decades later when it was uncovered by the First Order, who immediately put it into production.
The walker is manned by a pilot and a gunner. Its armament includes 8 missile banks, a duel mounted laser cannons and an anti-infantry turret.

First Order AT-ST by Scorch Bricks, on Flickr

Side View by Scorch Bricks, on Flickr

Rear View by Scorch Bricks, on Flickr

Gunner On Station by Scorch Bricks, on Flickr

Armed and Angry by Scorch Bricks, on Flickr

Check out some further shots on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/scorchbri ... 2419160140
Scorch Bricks

Postby majortom » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:10 am

I built something!!

This is my interpretation of the RZ-1 A-wing interceptor:

ImageA-wing evolved by Thomas Jenkins, on Flickr

They're yellow now.
majortom

Postby TomGilson » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:22 am

Hello,

I like to present my entry for the evolved competition.

Here it is: my evolved mix from an AT-TE and an AV-7 Antivehicle Cannon. Is now a new republic fighter tank/troop transporter with mounted gun. I hope you'll enjoy it.

ImageIMG_20151231_125551 by Tom Gilson, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20151231_125631 by Tom Gilson, on Flickr
Last edited by TomGilson on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
TomGilson

Postby Ewok In Disguise » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:14 pm

Some really neat stuff so far! Just a quick clarification: is the scope of this contest limited to designs that evolve post-ROTJ, or could we pick another point in the timeline? Could we, for example, build a vehicle used by the early Empire that's an evolution of a Clone Wars design?
I meant to do that.
Ewok In Disguise

Postby dWhisper » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:01 pm

Any canon vehicle, so from Episode I on up, including the Clone Wars movie and cartoon (but not the original CW cartoon miniseries)
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Re: Star Wars: Firespray: Phantom

Postby Slade » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:27 pm

My Submission is the Firespray Phantom.
Kuat Drive Yards and Sienar Fleet Systems came together in a joint venture for a Long Ranged, Covert, Gunship Platform. The Phantom is a marriage of the Firespray and Tie Fighter classes, meant to pack the punch of the Firespray along with the speed and maneuverability of the Tie Fighter.

The Phantom comes equipped with shields, armor and a hyperdrive. The weapons systems include a dual blaster/missile system and a ion cannon/blaster package. The Ion Cannons are directly connected to two dual generators on either side of the cockpit that can divert power to the cannons or the ion engines for a quick getaway.

The Phantom seats one pilot but can transport a Squad, weapon shipments, bounties and other cargo.

Due to the high cost however, it is rare to see a Phantom in service outside Mandalorian groups and other private corporate factions.

WP_20151231_22_22_22_Pro_LI by R. Martin, on Flickr
WP_20151231_22_22_34_Pro_LI by R. Martin, on Flickr
WP_20151231_22_23_36_Pro_LI by R. Martin, on Flickr
WP_20151231_22_25_01_Pro_LI by R. Martin, on Flickr
WP_20151231_22_25_48_Pro_LI by R. Martin, on Flickr
Slade

Postby mattowen2 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:57 pm

Custom Lego AAT by mattowen919, on Flickr

Hello,
This is my custom Armored Assault tank. I have added larger side blasters, and switched the lower body blasters with missiles.
mattowen2

Postby Firespray » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:18 pm

Personally, I think the Firespray entries are the best because reasons.
Firespray

Postby TomGilson » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:47 am

Me too, me too.
TomGilson

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds