Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC the 80s! Poll

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Pick two:

Poll ended at Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:55 pm

2%
6%
1%
11%
18%
13%
1%
5%
8%
3%
5%
9%
2%
1%
1%
1%
2%
10%
2%

Total votes : 163

MOC the 80s! Poll

Postby Solo » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:55 pm

Twenty total entries to pick from, so you get to pick your two favorites from the lot. Poll will run for one week. Good luck everyone!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: MOC the 80s! Poll

Postby wace mindu » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:58 pm

Love the nostalgia!! :lol: XD
Jace and the Wheeled Warriors! AWESOME! those toys were sweeeet

I'm nearly embarrassed that i knew straight away that the golf cart was from Police Academy...Classic movie

The ZZ Top Car!!! aw man, takes me back when MTV actually played music instead of catering to 16 year old girls...those videos were great.

Half of Mad Max's appeal was his sweet ride...And i agree the version from The Road Warrior is far more iconic.

Rescue Rangers!! wow... that barely makes the cut, coming in at 1989, but that show was kinda cool. can still hear the Koo-Koo Cola song in my head...

I actually made a Thundertank probably 15 years ago or so, but it has looong since been scrapped. mine was much larger, as I remember all of the Thundercats being able to ride in it.

Where's all the GI Joe/Tranformer entries??? I'm guessing there must be something in the rules about that because there are a TON of iconic vehicles from those franchises
wace mindu

Postby dWhisper » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:49 pm

MTV always catered to 16 year old girls... those girls just used to listen to music.

And nope, no rules against Transformers or GI Joe. I was hoping to see some, but have to be honest, participation in this contest was a lot lower than we were expecting.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

I was expecting...

Postby sparkart » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:25 am

I was half expecting two of everything*, like on Noah's ark. We got the two KITTs and two Mad Max Police Interceptors, but I was expecting multiples of Optimus Prime and Bumble Bee, maybe a couple of Ferraris, and at least two TRON Light Cycles. The variety of imaginative entries is great, it's a good turn-out, but I would've liked to have seen more, too.

Did anyone try to do a Buckaroo Banzai Rocket Truck? I started one, but kinda lost interest, because, well, it's ugly.

Spoiler: show
"half expecting two of everything" does that mean I was wholly expecting one of everything? Maybe.
sparkart

Postby Brainslugged » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:05 pm

That was a real tough one. Needed about 8 votes. Awesome builds, everyone!
Brainslugged

Postby jjh » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:57 am

That Bluesmobile is the best thing I've seen all week. Outstanding.
jjh

Postby Qzak » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:35 pm

Speed Buggy is not an 80's vehicle, unless you're counting reruns of the show.
Qzak

Postby Solo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:38 pm

I wasn't sure about it when the submission was posted so I did a quick search and saw that IMDB lists it as 1973-1983, so I was satisfied. Upon looking closer now that you said something, it had one season in the 70s and was syndicated in the 80s, so that explains why Nick remembered it from the Saturday morning lineups. We're going to keep it in the poll.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby FirstCircle » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:22 pm

Man. I was hoping for more entries, but just deciding on 2 is tough. I've been lagging for a week. Great job to all the builders! And a big thank you to the organizers!
My BrickLink store, Jabberwocky's Emporium.
FirstCircle

Return to Contests & Community Builds