Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Space?] Valkyrie UAV

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Space?] Valkyrie UAV

Postby Veers » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:10 am

I'm not sure where he belongs, but here's the Valkyrie UAV.

I recently watched Terminator 3, and the adorable little hunter-killers really caught my eye.

Rear of the craft

The underside

The little guy and his controller

That's all folks. The rest of the pics aren't very noteworthy, but if you want to see them, you can go here Thanks for looking, and tell me what you think!
Veers

Re: [Space?] Valkyrie UAV

Postby Galagoo » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:31 am

The detailing looks good, and the design is blocky yet rather neat; the more I look at it, the more I like it. Colour scheme works well, too.

However, I don't really like the look of the large engines on the wing tips and the little ones on tail. The shape of the large ones just doesn't appeal to me; they have somewhat uneven look as majority of the mass is under the wing. Adding more mass to the other parts of the engines - so that they would be sylinder-shaper, perhaps - might be recommended.
The problem with the little engines is that they don't really fit there. They look pretty much too chubby to fit with the general look of the robot. Something more aerodynamic and sleek might do the trick better.
Galagoo

Postby Veers » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:10 am

I see your point, I'll certainly try to make the engines a bit sleeker.
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Postby Veers » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:11 pm

How's this?

tail section

main body

underside

head on

And here's one for funsies.
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Return to LEGO MOC and Minifigure Showcase