Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] Minifig-scale Slayn & Korpil B-Wing - update

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] Minifig-scale Slayn & Korpil B-Wing - update

Postby RenegadeClone » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:27 pm

RenegadeClone

Re: [SW] Minifig-scale Slayn & Korpil B-Wing - update

Postby Solo » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:51 pm

That looks mighty impressive so far, though I may be biased because of all the well integrated sand blue. How long have you been working on this?The only thing I'd like to see changed is the wheel behind the canopy - there has to be a better solution, because it's just too ...wheelish to look like part of the ship. the rest of it though is great. Glad to see you're not afraid of showing some studs.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby brickfett » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:45 pm

That's really awesome mate.

I like the use of the JSF canopy for the cockpit. I hadn't thought of it being used that way before, but looks really natural in this moc.
brickfett

Postby RenegadeClone » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:00 pm

Thanks for the comments guys!

I started building a UCS B-Wing based on Gareth's design but decided to change to a scale that was more 'swooshable'. It was quite a challenge to pack all the detail into that scale.

The JSF cockpit is very similar to the B-Wing cockpit and it also fits the scale. The large wheel is a necessary evil in order to use the JSF cockpit. It rotates fully 360 degrees. The internal skeleton of technic bricks keeps it well supported. The primary wing is very stable.

I always prefer showing studs on my models! :D

My eventual aim is to complete this classic B-Wing and then build a Dagger Squadron B-Wing with dark red details.

RenegadeClone
RenegadeClone

Postby AlternativeRadio » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:08 pm

I remember really liking this thing when you posted it on the old forums. I see some changes, specifically in the longest fin, and they are definately for the better.
AlternativeRadio

Postby Sci » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:15 am

Wow - very beautifully developed! I daresay it's nigh perfect. REally digging the JSF cockpit. I actually like the wheel there for some reason. the wings and engine area are what really sell me, though. Very well done, sir!
Sci

Return to LEGO MOC and Minifigure Showcase