Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] T-16 Skyhopper

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] T-16 Skyhopper

Postby RenegadeClone » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:39 pm

Managed to crank this baby out this afternoon after finding set 4477 lurking at the back of my collection display. I'm very happy to integrate an Imperial dropship cockpit piece (got plenty of them :D ) into the design and retain the lines of the Skyhopper. It was a challenge to neatly design the cockpit area and I'd still like to improve the rear ion engine - difficult with the studs having to face outwards owing to the interior. Thanks for having a look!

ImageImage
RenegadeClone

Re: [SW] T-16 Skyhopper

Postby brickfett » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:44 pm

Nice job.

I like it a lot. Has the right shape and look to the actual vehical though a bit small. I think the real on is supose to be a two seater. But this is the best Skyhopper I've seen made.

I like the use of the BP cockpit.

Kudos
brickfett

Postby Mr.legoman123 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:09 am

nice job, considering it didnt even make a real apearence in the films (it only apearered as a model that luke played with in A New Hope for maybe 5 seconds while C-3P0 was taking an oil bath)
NO ONE CARES ABOUT HOW YOUR DAD SHAVES HIS LEGS!!!!
Mr.legoman123

Postby Solo » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Hey, it was in two seconds of ROTJ (special edition) too! Cut it some slack! ;)

That canopy is perfectly used here, and the shape is spot on. It just looks like it could use some refinements and smoothing out. I know the source is a pretty boring ship on its own, you could do a little more dressing up.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Cali » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:05 pm

Very nice. I like how you did the top wing and used that windscreen for the cocpit. Don's right, it does need a little bit more smoothing out. Maybe add onto the side wings a bit. They look rather plain.
Cali

Postby brickfett » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:52 pm

Mr.legoman123 wrote:nice job, considering it didnt even make a real apearence in the films (it only apearered as a model that luke played with in A New Hope for maybe 5 seconds while C-3P0 was taking an oil bath)

Actualy if memory serves you can also see the big version of it in the open air garage through the access way of the room where Luke is cleaning the droids.

But I do agree that adding some detail to the wings might improve the look a bit. Also what do you think of the idea of changing the color scheme up and decorate it like a SW version of a speedster car.

Might even make for an interesting contest to create custom Skyhoppers with there pilots. It'd give builders a chance to personalize there Skyhoppers much like street racers do for their cars.
brickfett

Postby Blackninjatom » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:09 pm

I might be hooked, kinda like cave racing (kinda). I like all the little details on the top wing, but think the bottom two could use some sprucing up. Also maybe add a little dark gray on the top wing for color variety. I echo the part of limited reference material, but you have done an excellent job.
Blackninjatom

Postby filo » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:54 pm

Very well done, but it seems to me that the side wings should be beefed up similar to the middle one, it seems a bit strange to set one wing to a scale, but not put the others to the same?

Maybe it's just me..
RIP, Good Doctor. We shall miss you dearly.
“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei
filo

Return to LEGO MOC and Minifigure Showcase