Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Space] Cargo Transport *UPDATE* Again.

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Space] Cargo Transport *UPDATE* Again.

Postby Veers » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:15 pm

Scroll down for updates

I'll skip my usual attempt at eye-catching prose and move along with the pics.

So there you have it, and now here's the rest of my pics.

Ramp Up

Cockpit

Engine Pod

Tail

Cargo Bay

Overview

That's all I've got. Thanks for stopping by and leave me a comment if you have the time!
Last edited by Veers on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Re: [Space] Cargo Transport

Postby legoman9530 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:34 pm

It looks pretty good to me, great use of SNOT and I like the engine pods.
Unfortunately, your cockpit has a gaping hole in the rear and the fins look a little dinky, like your trying to control an elephant with a couple of feathers- get rid of 'em or mak'em bigger.
Let's go Phils!
Brickshelf Flickr
legoman9530

Postby Veers » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks!
I realize the cockpit is gappy, but I don't know of a way to fix it at the time. I'll probably have to change canopys though.
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Postby banthafodder » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:25 pm

I do agree with the cockpit. Maybe putting the cockpit on the front and have the whole thing flip up or to the side to reveal the cargo container would be cool. But very creative and good job.
banthafodder

Postby Veers » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:17 am

Thanks! I'll probably spend today reworking the cockpit area.
Veers

Postby Veers » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:54 pm

And so, I have the new version of my craft.

I cut out the 'wings' holding the engine pods on because they were far too fragile. It's now significantly more swooshable.

Head On

My overly simple landing gear

Making use of the JSF canopy

Tail section
(Sorry legoman, I was out of larger feathers)

Cockpit interior

Gear up

New engine section

That's all I've got for now. If you'd like a specific angle or section, please ask. And post your thoughts if you have the time!
Veers

Re: [Space] Cargo Transport *UPDATE*

Postby banthafodder » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:30 pm

Love the cargo. The cockpit is much better it looks like the pilot can better visualize the loading and unloading. Personally I liked the engines better on the wings but I understand your point. Very cool.
banthafodder

Postby legoman9530 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:38 pm

I also like the new cockpit, but I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with banthafodder in that the engines are much better directly attached to the ship. They did look a little flimsy earlier on, and this gives it a much more solid look that fits a cargo ship, pure power and low manueverability. And I'm sorry that you don't have larger feathers.
Let's go Phils!
Brickshelf Flickr
legoman9530

Postby Veers » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:53 pm

Thank you both!
I'll admit the wingines had a neat look, but like I said, they were just too flimsy to stay on. So he got downgraded to a more direct approach. I'm glad to see my new cockpit went over well! I was worried about using the JSF canopy.
Veers

Postby Galagoo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:53 am

I personally liked the first version better as for both cockpit - however holey it was - and engines. The JSF cockpit looks good, too - and more practical, as banthafodder pointed out - but the engines attatched to the body make the whole craft look quite boxy and bulky. Hence more industrial-like, too, though, so it works.

The design of the ship is nice - I especially like the tail - as is its colour scheme. However, as the JSF cockpit it dark grey, I would suggest putting more dark grey on the other parts of the ship as well.

Even though the craft looks now pretty good and industrial-like, I would still prefer wings between the engines and the body of the ship. If you just have time and patience to update the MOC yet again, it would be interesting to see whether you could come up with some way to build some solid wings.
Galagoo

Postby Veers » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:43 am

I suppose I could try building some wings for it.
I'll see what I can do.
Veers

Postby Veers » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:50 pm

Ask and you shall receive folks.

So, this didn't take long at all. But I did get around to building some bigger feathers.

Engine Closeup

New tail section

New Winglets

And that's really all the stuff of interest.
You can go through my Photostream for the rest.
Thanks for stopping by, and please let me know what you think can be improved!
Veers

Re: [Space] Cargo Transport *UPDATE* Again.

Postby Galagoo » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:34 pm

The wings look solid and good. Me likes, great job.

About the winglets I'm not as sure.. They seem like a rather needless addition, being attached to base of the tail. Now, if they were put on the tail, close to the feathers (either facing to the same direction as the feathers or even downwards, straight or angled), they would in my opinion work far better.

Right now I can't really think of anything else to suggest.. Perhaps some headlamps/landing lamps near the hatch or the cockpit?
Galagoo

Postby banthafodder » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:54 am

I personally like the wings much better. Much more substantial. It does give it a better industrial look. Now just make it blue with polkadots :lol:
banthafodder

Postby Veers » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:15 pm

I'm afraid I don't have a large stock of blue.
I'm glad everyone likes the wings!
Veers

Postby Vid » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:10 pm

This thing is neat for sure. I've been watching the evolution of the shape as you've updated it, and it's definitely got some great details.
Vid

Postby Veers » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:09 pm

Thanks! The shape did go through some drastic changes over time.
Veers

Return to LEGO MOC and Minifigure Showcase