Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Space/LDD] D-Wing

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Space/LDD] D-Wing

Postby legoman9530 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:34 am

I built this a while back after looking at a B-wing, and saying, "Hey wouldn't it be cool if the cockpit was in the center?" Voila, the D-wing was born. It was kinda a pain in the neck to do it in LDD, but I think it turned out OK. Another thing to note is that I was also intrigued with the old Technic figures at the time, so that's what the model should be scaled against and would make it really tiny in real life, I mean A-wing tiny.

Front
Side
Rear
Bottom
Twisted
Twisted más

Gallery

C&C appreciated
Let's go Phils!
Brickshelf Flickr
legoman9530

Re: [Space/LDD] D-Wing

Postby Flynn » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:50 pm

Kinda reminds me of an older Cylon Raider.

I really like it, the design in the middle is rathe nice, and I like the method to contruct the side portions. You did a great job here.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Blackninjatom » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:30 am

interesting, two models of a D-wing, it's almost like there's another alphabet contest going on. I really like the concept of this fighter, it is just cool, and the execution is done great.
Blackninjatom

Postby Commando80-0 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:18 pm

I love the dk. blue twin engine area, as well as the white stripe running down the middle.
Commando80-0

Return to LEGO MOC and Minifigure Showcase