Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW Steampunk] Lightning Saber

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW Steampunk] Lightning Saber

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:25 am

My first attempt at a Steampunk Lightsaber. A truly elegant weapon, from a more civilized age.
If I make another it will be less ornate, more industrial. A more improvised device.

All the photos were taken by my very tolerant Wife.
And in case anyone read the backstory and was wondering, I can't build anything without it having a complete history...
'Resistance is Futile. We will add your Bricks and Minifigures to our own. Your Bothans will adapt to service us."
"I AM the Law!" Image >> [email protected] <<
buriedbybricks

Re: [SW Steampunk] Lightning Saber

Postby meeotch » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:32 am

I just saw this on BB earlier this morning and thought it was great. It would be interesting to see it contrasted with a future one that you plan on making less ornate. However, I don't think that it being really ornate takes away from this one at all. After all, lightsabers are supposed to show the care a Jedi puts into constructing his.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby countblockula » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:34 am

I LOVE how the handle appears to be made of wood -- to my eyes, it totally looks like it was spun on a lathe, like a wooden chair leg or a banister pole. Kudos to you on the parts choice and to your wife on her photography. :D
countblockula

Postby OOM-9 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:53 am

Now that's a fancy lightsaber! :shock: Like countblockula mentioned I like how the handle looks as if it's made of wood. Also nice use of those Technic pieces. ;)
OOM-9

Postby buriedbybricks » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:54 pm

Thank you gentlemen. To steal a quote from above "Your attention to the wood brings me great joy" :lol:
'Resistance is Futile. We will add your Bricks and Minifigures to our own. Your Bothans will adapt to service us."
"I AM the Law!" Image >> [email protected] <<
buriedbybricks

Return to LEGO MOC and Minifigure Showcase