Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW]Millennium Falcon 4504/7965 MOD Updates

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW]Millennium Falcon 4504/7965 MOD Updates

Postby GrumSkrimpiesBuilds » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:37 am

Over the last few months I've made Quite a few updates since my previous post that can be seen here: http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12293.

Almost everything has been altered in some way at this point. This is the result of much wasted time fiddling together new features to my base 7965 Millennium Falcon that, while I believed it to be much more structurally sound (its 4504 counterpart breaking constantly if held the wrong way) it lacked a lot of charm, which I missed from the 4504 version. I've been adding small features reminiscent of the previous model as well as adding features that I believed improved overall accuracy. It is still not as accurate as some other builds out there, but I really had to scrounge for pieces throughout this build, so I am rather satisfied with what is for now, my end result.

Most notable changes since last post are that I lowered the top of the turret bay as the 7965 model screwed it up by making it 1 brick layer taller than the 4505 and 75105 models, which look much slimmer as the folding panels rest lower as well as cover more gaps. Making this change forced me to alter the turret seat sliding piece, making it shorter so as the turret cap panel could actually set on top ( I believe the malformed "hump" of the 7965 to be only due to the slide-in turret seat piece taking up so much darn space.

It was hard to get it to resemble the seats in the movie with such a small scale, but I think it turned out okay for not having to scrap the feature altogether. Taking out the sliding turret seats now reveals a row of ladders for extra detail; leave the seats out and when looking through the interior entryway you can see them. Lastly, I completely fixed the cockpit to my liking: No more gaps, and now it is positioned much more accurately away from the mandibles instead of literally cutting into the right one. This helped a lot with overall symmetry.

I also changed up some of the folding panels to eliminate the friggin gaps yet again.

I wish I had the time to organize this post instead of dumping all the photos at the end, but oh well.. Anyhow here is the gallery of all the noted changes so far (yes, some of the pieces are painted, but only to cut down on juxtaposition!).

ImageLego Millennium Falcon MOD by Desmond Cruz-Juarez, on Flickr/[/url]

ImageMillennium Falcon Ramp MOD by Desmond Cruz-Juarez, on Flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/32738963350/in/dateposted-public/

ImageMillennium Falcon Lego Mods Lots of updated features. Fixed cockpit, bottom details, falcon interior and cockpit location! Still can fit 4 into the cockpit, after much experimentation. by Desmond Cruz-Juarez, on Flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/32738961290/in/dateposted-public/

ImageMillennium Falcon Lego Mod by Desmond Cruz-Juarez, on Flickr

ImageThe Dejarik corner. by Desmond Cruz-Juarez, on Flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/33121436815/in/dateposted-public/

ImageMillennium Falcon Lego Mods Lots of updated features. Fixed cockpit, bottom details, falcon interior and cockpit location! Still can fit 4 into the cockpit, after much experimentation. by Desmond Cruz-Juarez, on Flickr

ImageLego millennium falcon turret chamber by Desmond Cruz-Juarez, on Flickr

[ImageUntitled by Desmond Cruz-Juarez, on Flickr

ImageRear fins by Desmond Cruz-Juarez, on Flickr

ImageUntitled by Desmond Cruz-Juarez, on Flickr

Here is the latest adjustment I have made to the complete bottom of the build, hiding (and tweaking) a lot of the holy technic pieces that keep the falcon a sturdy build, implemented large curved pieces that assimilate nicely to the bottom detail of the ship!

ImageLego Millennium Falcon Mod by Desmond Cruz-Juarez, on Flickr

ImageLego Millennium Falcon Mod by Desmond Cruz-Juarez, on Flickr

Spot the lucky dice:
Imageprogress pic- MF Display by Desmond Cruz-Juarez, on Flickr
GrumSkrimpiesBuilds

Return to LEGO MOC and Minifigure Showcase