Brandon Griffith (icgetaway) made a splash at last year’s Star Wars Days with his Empire Strikes Back-themed chess set. His follow-up act of a Return of the Jedi-themed set will be unveiled to the world this weekend at LEGOLAND CA and will surely be a hit. Shrouded in secrecy, you can view some WIP pics in his photostream. I’ll be taking a plenty of pics of this and all the other mocs at Star Wars Days at LEGOLAND CA on June 18 and 19. Hope to see you there!
Posts Tagged ‘star wars days’
At BrickCon in 2008 FBTB held its first event, a small gathering of members and friends we called BothCon.
In 2011, we’re planning something bigger in correlation with Legoland California Resort’s Star Wars Days on June 18-19th. But we need your help brainstorming and providing feedback if we’re going to pull off a successful FBTB mini-convention.
We’re conducting a poll to gauge interest in and potential attendance for this special event. Your vote and feedback will help us determine if this idea has legs, or it’s destined for the Death Star trash compactor.
Head to the forum here to vote in the poll, and join in the discussion about activities, locations, pros, cons, and everything in between.
Next weekend, from 10am to 7pm January 28-30, LEGOLAND Discovery Center in Chicago, IL will be hosting Star Wars Days for the second time. Planned activities include:
- Star Wars themed Model Builder Workshops where visitors can build an exclusive Slave I designed by LEGOLAND Discovery Center’s very own Master Model Builder. While supplies last.
- Opportunities to assist the Master Model Builder in an R2-D2 group build.
- Life-sized LEGO Darth Vader and LEGO R2-D2 models that give guests the best photo opportunity in the galaxy.
- 500 clone trooper and battle droid minifigures that are set for battle in MINILAND, a LEGOLAND Discovery Center exhibit featuring Chicago’s most iconic buildings recreated using LEGO bricks.
- A scavenger hunt to find ten characters hidden throughout MINILAND with the chance to win a family four-pack of Annual Passes.
- A Star Wars Speed Building Competition rewarding the fastest and most accurate builders.
- The 501st Legion
- Discounts in our Retail Shop.
LEGOLAND Discovery Center is located at Streets of Woodfield 601 N. Martingale Road (Intersection of Higgins Road and Martingale Road near Woodfield Mall) in Schaumburg, IL 60173. For more information, visit their website.
LEGOLand California held their annual Star Wars Days this past weekend August 7th and 8th and what a glorious weekend it was! The AFOL community was well-represented by SANDLUG and LUGOLA with members driving in from as far as Fresno, CA and Las Vegas, NV. With this year being the 30th anniversary of Episode V, there was a slight emphasis on Empire-based MOCs. (more…)
Update: as Commander Keller on the forums (and probably others who didn’t score as low as me in reading comprehension) noted, Legoland’s page says that participants in the Trivia game have a chance to win the elusive White Boba Fett minifig!
Legoland California’s annual weekend tribute to Star Wars is fast approaching: mark your calendars and make your plans for Saturday August 7th and Sunday August 8th!
Also fleshing out the weekend are building challenges, trivia games, and more! See Legoland California’s event page for the full agenda.
Hit the break for more shots of last year’s fun! (more…)