That’s either some secret Imperial code or the spread of Alphabet Fighters built for the contest, ordered by submission date. Possibly both. Incredible turnout for this challenge – piles of great entries and some real creativity everywhere – now is the time to pick your favorites so head to the forum and cast your vote!
This contest brought to you by every letter but N, because not a single member decided to build an N-wing fighter. Sure, you could knock one of the three Z-wings on their nose and call it a day, but that’s just adding insult to injury. The most popular choice among builders was E, with eight total variants, better than ten percent of the pool.
Happy Friday, Bothans! Came back from my Spring Break vacation to find Ace doing an awful job covering for me. Good grief, Ace, I can’t trust you with anything, can I? Kidding!
Anyway, here’s a look at this week’s highlights and goings-on in our forum! Enjoy!
• New Info on LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary — Click here to check out the conversation and any breaking news your fellow Bothans may run across regarding the new Visual Dictionary that we’re all waiting on pins and needles for!
• Has anyone purchase a LEGO set than regret it for buying it? — Believe it or not, it happens! Some folks do regret buying certain sets! Whether you’re one of them or not, click on over here to join the talk about whether or not you regret buying any LEGO sets.
• What ONE single *Force Power* would YOU want to have? — The title speaks for itself. Me personally? I would totally pick whatever Force ability helps me graduate college faster. Force lightning would work for that, right?…
• Stickers vs. Printed Pieces — This is an excellent conversation about the classic debate over which is better in a set, printed pieces or stickers. Check it out!
• [Batman] New Batmobiles — BaronSat, one of the long-time Star Wars MOC’ers out there, has a plethora of awesome Batmobiles that he’s built. My personal favorite is the Batman Beyond batmobile, but that’s prob’ly just because I miss that show so much.
• [ARCHITECTURE] Solomon’s temple finished — Gotta give a shout-out to this guy, because he’s been working on this sucker for quite a while. Check out Blackninjatom’s super-spiffy rendition of Solomon’s Temple!
Greetings! I’ll be covering the Friday Forum Highlights posts while Collin is having fun under the Texan sun for the next week. So forgive me if he’s covered these topics before.
A digression on Scalping…: a rather lengthy discussion on a volatile topic: scalping and how it affects both the reseller and the customer. Don’t let the 10 pages scare you, it’s chock full of viewpoints from all angles.
Batman on film: Past, Present and Future: Are you a Batfan? You might enjoy this discussion covering the highs and lows of the Batman franchise. Oddly enough, there’s very little discussion of the comic book series.
There you have it. Stop by our forums for even more topics.
Happy Friday, Bothans! Here we are again on that magical day known as Friday, and here we are again with another round of forum highlights from this past week. Check ‘em out!
• So, you wanna to build a podracer? [Building Tips Thread] — Man, how ’bout this Podracer contest? Can’t wait to see what you guys cook up! Click on over here for some protips on what you should keep in mind while building your creation for the contest.
• [CONTEST] 2009 Podracer Challenge! — When you’re done reading the tip thread and you’ve got your shiny new podracer all buffed up and ready to race, hop over here to submit your creation! Hope you win, slugger!
• Chrome Vader Tracking Thread — Are you one of the few, the proud, the Chrome Darth Vader owners? Ace has setup a thread where you can let everyone know what set your found yours in, so click here and report in with your findings!
• Remember Potter? — This one’s been flying under my radar since it started! Check out this thread for some conversation about the ups and the downs of the late great Harry Potter line.
Next up, here’s some highlights from this past week’s round of submissions to the MOCs forum!
• [Star Wars] AT-RT — AlternativeRadio brings us a really spiffy rendition of the Episode III AT-RT. Check it out!
• [PODRACER/CAD] BattlePod Galactica — Jake brings us a tongue-in-cheek fake submission to the Podracer contest. I got a good laugh out of the engines being Colonial Vipers jammed in little hangars.
• [Harry Potter] Front of Hogwarts — One of our up-and-coming stars of the community, Tohst brings us this GORGEOUS rendition of the front facade of Hogwarts.
• [SPACE] Wryneck Heavy Target Striker — Buster shows off one sweet little fighter that he’s created. Dig that retro-lookin’ cannon!
• [Classic Space] LL-138 — Normally a master of the MINI, roguebantha shows off his totally awesome Neo Classic Space creation, as part of the celebration of the 30 year anniversary of Classic Space!
All this just grazes the surface, friends! You guys are producing some amazing stuff all across the board, and FBTB has never looked so good. Way to go, Bothans! Have a great weekend!
Happy Friday, fellow Bothans! This week brought us quite a bit of conversation about LEGO Star Wars and Star Wars in general, so let’s take a look at some of the busiest threads we’re got going right now.
• [POLL] Figs vs Builds: what floats your boat? — This is a pretty good convo started by Don, in which he asks an excellent question: Do you buy sets more for the minifigs, or for the parts and the build? Drop on by there to vote in the poll, and make sure to throw in your two cents on the subject.
• Speculation: How Will Ahsoka Tano Die? — Pretty morbid question, huh? Whether you hate her or… hate her less, she’s probably going to have to go kaput eventually, seeing as how we never see her in the movies afterwards. Then again, she could certainly go into exile. Or maybe she’s that ADD Stormtrooper in Episode IV who thought he heard something in the hallway of the Death Star…
• Best SW lego gimmick? — Here’s a fun conversation going on about our favorite little gimmicks found in LEGO Star Wars sets. Dig the flick-fire missiles? How about that sweet walking AT-AT, or the nice smooth transformation features of the Vulture Droids, or even something as simple as cool doors that open and close? Yay for being easily amused! Anyway, check this thread out and share your thoughts on these groovy features and more.
• Who is your favorite Star Wars character? — A classic question. Everyone has their favorite character, so which Jedi/Trooper/Senator/etc. do you hold closest to your heart? After this post, I may have to go with Ric Olie! Hah!
Y’all may remember a while back that I mentioned how awesome things are over in the MOC forum? Well, the hubbub certainly hasn’t died down at all, and things are rockin’ more than ever over there. Let’s take a look at some of the MOCs that have come to us over the interwebz this past week!
• [Star Wars] Clone Wars Era Update – 4 new MINI Models! — The man, the myth, the legend. Check out the latest round of MOCs Legostein has added to his huge collection of MINIs.
• [STAR WARS] Can’t afford 10195 + Felucia — Another amazing master of the MINI! Check out roguebantha’s latest creation, and his solution to not being able to afford the new 10195 Dropship set.
• [Town] ‘E’ is for… — Existentialism? Ebert & Roeper? Extreme Draft-Dodging? Click on over here to check out the latest vignette from the very talented Athos and find out what job he covers next!
• [SW] Millennium Falcon — Take a look over here to see some really great mods to the 4504 Millennium Falcon by AdmiralGrievous!
Happy Friday, fellow Bothans! Wow! What a week, huh? Major kudos to Ace and Mikey for bringing the awesomeness to us from Toy Fair, and thanks to Erik Varszegi for showing them the details of all the new sets! 2009 is going to be an incredible year for LEGO all around, and that just makes me all the more excited for what the future holds for the community.
On that note, here is this week’s installment of the Friday Forum Highlights!
• 10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker – S@H Exclusive! — Check this thread out for all conversation regarding this totally wicked new set! Can’t to see this one in person!
• Lego Star Wars 2010 Idea Thread — Got some ideas for what you’d like to see in the LEGO Star Wars lineup next year? Share them in this thread!
• 10th Anniversary without Padme — I find the name of this thread hilarious. It’s an ongoing conversation about why we haven’t seen Luke and Leia’s momma in a new set in such a long time.
• New 2009 Pics – City, PM, Agents, Space Police — Head this way to join the talk about the non-licensed themes getting new sets this year. Also, SPACE POLICE. WHOO!
• Favorite Star Wars Quote — This is a pretty neat little thread where you can share your favorite quote(s) from the Star Wars movies, whether they be serious or humorous. … Mine was definitely not serious.
• FBTB Community Project: Sweet Emotion — This was a fun little game we did back in the old forums and was started up again by Joedward. I apologize in advance if the pictures of some of our members scare the bricks outta ya… especially since the theme for the first round is “Slightly Psychotic Happiness.” Ha!
Happy Friday, folks! Big C here with your weekly look at the most popular conversations and goings-on in the forums right now.
• First look at Home 1 set from ToyFare magazine — Check this out to see the ongoing conversation about the brand-new and totally sweet Home One playset that’s just been revealed by ToyFare! Green A-Wing. Ackbar. Mon Motha. Crix Madine. SWEEEEET.
• What Got You Started On Star Wars Lego? — This is a pretty cool little talk about what got everyone interested in LEGO Star Wars. I remember we’ve done this before, but I think it’s excellent to start up topics like this again for the forum reboot. We have a bunch of new members that need to contribute to these sorta things.
• Who Are You? — Pretty self-explanatory. Click on over here to let everyone know who you are. Like I said, we’ve got a whole passel (that’s right, I used “passel”) of new members, and we’ve got several people who have changed their names (including myself), so check out this thread to see just who the heck everyone is.
• FBTB 3.0: Your feedback here! — Got something to say about the new digs? Love ‘em, hate ‘em, need ‘em, squeeze ‘em? Hop on over here to have you say.
Also, I wanted to mention one more thing: The MOCs. Holy smokes, you guys are on fire! Way to go on participating in Shut Up And Build Week! We’ve seen some excellent MOCs in the past few days, and I know that this is just the beginning of what’s looking to be a fresh new perspective on how we build and share our creations. If you haven’t stepped in there yet, I encourage you to go take a look, because these guys are kickin’ butt.
Well done, FBTB! Y’all have a great weekend, and stay tuned for Toy Fair updates!