Amazon has heavily discounted 9488 Elite Clone Trooper and Commando Droid Battle Pack. It is currently $8.55, down 34% from $12.99 MSRP.
Posts Tagged ‘9488 Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack’
Both Amazon and Target have discounted 9488 Elite Clone Trooper and Commando Droid Battle Pack down to a paltry $8.55, down from MSRP of $12.99. Target offers free shipping on the item; REDCard holders will also see an additional 5% off. Amazon has free shipping if you’re a Prime member, but let’s be real here, battle packs are army builders, so you can’t just order one now can you? Order 3 to hit free shipping if you’re not a Prime member.
Walmart.com is currently offering some bundle deals that are worth mentioning. All include their exclusive and excellent 8092 Luke’s Landspeeder and one of the following:
- 7957 Sith Nightspeeder regular bundle price: $49.94; special price: $39.97
- 7931 Jedi T-6 Shuttle regular bundle price: $84.85; special price: $64.00
- 7914 Mandalorian Battle Pack and 9488 Elite Clone Trooper and Commando Droid Battle Packs regular bundle price: $50.91; special price: $39.97
The net discount is about 20%. The worst deal is probably the Jedi T-6 Shuttle offer. They can’t discount that set deep enough to make it worth while.
Shipping is free to a store or 97 cents to your house.
I’m not going to lie to you… I love the Battle Packs. I buy the heck out of these things. I even bought multiples of the Ice Cream Clones that we had last year. I even bought several assassin droid battle packs, so I take the droids, even though they’re fragile and annoying. This battle pack gives us both!
But I’m also one of those people that accuses LEGO of using the higher price-points to make glorified battle packs (I’m looking at you, Geonosian Cannon and Ewok Attack). This year, we got two battle packs. We have an upcoming review of the excellent Endor Battle Pack, which I’m buying up like crazy, and I’m going to take a shot at our obligatory Clone Wars battle pack. So, we’re going to go into this asking ourselves… how many more custom clones do we need?
Happy New Year, folks!
LEGO Shop@Home put up the January 2012 assortment of LEGO Star Wars for preorder. Delivery is to be expected on or around January 30. It should be noted that 9494 Anakin’s Jedi Interceptor and 9495 Gold Leader’s Y-Wing Starfighter are marked as “Hard to Find” meaning they are retailer exclusives. No word yet as to which retailer they will be exclusive to yet. All preorders will come with an exclusive LEGO Star Wars poster. No minimum order indicated and no image of what the poster looks like but if I had to guess, it’s going to be a poster showcasing all the LEGO Star Wars minifigs for 2012.
Is it sad that I’m no longer fazed by the high prices and low piece counts? Such as the TIE Fighter set, priced at $54.99 but has less pieces than Gold Leader’s Y-wing? Eh.
- 9675 Sebulba’s Podracer & Tatooine $9.99
- 9676 TIE Interceptor & Death Star $9.99
- 9674 Naboo Starfighter & Naboo $9.99
- 9488 Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack $12.99
- 9489 Endor Rebel Trooper & Imperial Trooper Battle Pack $12.99
- 9490 Droid Escape $19.99
- 9491 Geonosian Cannon $19.99
- 9494 Anakin’s Jedi Interceptor $39.99
- 9495 Gold Leader’s Y-Wing Starfighter $49.99
- 9492 TIE Fighter $54.99
- 9493 X-Wing Starfighter $59.99