Did you miss out on the May the 4th promotion for this set? While Amazon’s discounted price of 10227 B-Wing Starfighter as of this writing of $155.55 may not be as great as the Shop@Home sale price, it’s still 22% below MSRP.
Posts Tagged ‘10227 B-wing Starfighter’
Below is the list of LEGO Star Wars items on sale at LEGO Shop@Home for May 4th and 5th. I would assume that the sale starts sometime tonight, like may 9pm Pacific/12midnight Eastern. The only really notable item for sale would be 10227 B-wing Starfighter at a whopping 50% off. The last UCS set to hit this kind of sale price early on its lifetime was 10215 Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter and we all know how bad that set sucked. The B-wing isn’t nearly as terrible as that set but I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that the canopy piece that is common to both sets is cursed. Price of 10227 is $99.99 and you get the following bonuses with every Shop@Home order that qualifies for the next two days:
- FREE Delivery on all orders of $50 or more.
- FREE Exclusive Han Solo minifigure with LEGO Star Wars™ orders of $75 or more (while supplies last).
- FREE limited edition Star Wars™ Yoda poster with all orders (while supplies last).
Most everything else is 10% off unless you’ve been saving up and waiting for a good time to load up on keychains. Now would be that time as they are 20% off.
Also, as a reminder, in case it hasn’t been drilled into you by now, though not on sale, 10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter goes on sale tomorrow. Price for that seet is $199 with free shipping, free Han Solo exclusive, and free Yoda Chronicles poster.
These deals are good for both US and CA customers. Enjoy:
October’s passed; November’s here and that means a slew of new promotions for LEGO Shop@Home:
- Free shipping! Enjoy free shipping on all orders $99 and above for the entire month.
- Free TC-14! That TC-14 promotion from last month has been extended: get TC-14 free with a purchase of 10227 B-wing Starfighter good from November 1 through December 31 or while supplies last.
- Free reusable tote bag! Go green and get a free resuable tote bag with any DUPLO purchase. This offer is valid from November 1 through December 31 or while supplies last.
- 9509 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar 20% off! I mistakingly reported earlier that the deal was only good for a day. Oops. Apparently the sale is still good and will probably be good until the day after Christmas when it will be clearanced at even cheaper.
In addition to the above, Shop@Home launched their holiday section where you can find holiday items such as wrapping paper, stocking stuffers, and even tree ornaments. Click through any of our links above or hit up FBTB’s landing page to start your shopping. We thank you for your continued support.
A new month, a new set of promotions. October is chock full of Shop@Home goodies to whet your spending appetite:
- First up is the return of TC-14! If you missed out on him a while ago, now’s your chance to get him for free! Just buy the latest UCS set, 10227 B-wing Starfighter, and TC-14 will be automatically added to your cart for free! We reviewed the set recently and also posted a time lapse video of the build for your reading and viewing pleasure. Offer is valid from Oct 1 through Oct 31 or while supplies last
- You’ll also get a free reusable tote bag with any DUPLO purchase. Offer valid from Oct 1 through Oct 31.
- Free shipping may have ended but it’s coming back. You’ll get free shipping on all orders $99 or more from Oct 15 through Oct 31.
- And if those deals weren’t enough, October is also double VIP points month! You’ll get double VIP points all month long.
If you have patience, you should order the 10227 B-wing Starfighter on Oct 15 so you can score free shipping and the free TC-14 minifigure. You run the risk of Shop@Home running out of the figure, though. Only you can prevent
forest fires make that decision.
And finally, 10229 Winter Village Cottage is now available.
Click through our portal link to begin your shopping spree. Your future overlords will thank you.
The B-wing fighter is one of the last few remaining original trilogy and one of my favorites. I don’t think there are many space ships in science fiction that boasts a design where the ship revolves around the cockpit. It sounds completely off the wall and wholly unnecessary considering the size and shape of the ship that would do said revolutions. I didn’t care, it was a fascinating concept with an equally fascinating design. It wasn’t on screen for more than a few seconds during Return of the Jedi; it probably had the least amount of screen time compared to the other Rebel fighters. No matter, I still liked it. And I was absolutely giddy when I found out it was getting the UCS treatment. My affection, however, may have set me up for disappointment.
LEGO was kind enough to send me a copy of this set to do an early review on. I took this as an opportunity to do a time lapse video showing the build process. Anyways, look for our full review this coming Monday. 10227 B-wing Starfighter will be available at LEGO Shop@Home starting October 1.
Unveiled tonight at the opening ceremonies for Brick Fair in Chantilly, VA, 10229 Winter Village Cottage is LEGO’s newest addition to the Winter Village sub-theme for 2012. Over 1,400 pieces make up this $99.99 USD set, and you’ll be able to buy it in October. This, along with the Haunted House and the B-wing, is going to make October one expensive month. More pictures below, then the designer video (which should be live around 10pm EST), then the official press release.
10229 Winter Village Cottage
Ages 12+. 1,487 pieces.
US $99.99 CA $129.99 DE 99.99 € UK 89.99 £ DK 899 DKK
Get cozy in the Winter Village Cottage!
Continuing the winter series, build the Winter Village Cottage for a perfect holiday home. Seat Grandpa snugly by the fireplace with his newspaper as you help Dad to put up the tree, then bake a feast in the kitchen with Mom! When it’s time to stock up the storage shed with firewood, bring the kids for a ride with Dad on the sled watch him cut the wood with his chainsaw deep in the forest. When the snow gets really deep, clear the road with the snowplow, take all of the kids skiing or build an igloo to play in. There’s no cozier place to spend long, frosty nights!
• Includes 8 minifigures: mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, 3 children and snowplow driver with assorted accessories
• Features cottage, storage shed, igloo, streetlamp, sled and snowplow
• Accessories include kitten, owl, fireplace with LEGO® light brick function, chandelier, Christmas tree, wreath, gifts, armchair, kitchen appliances and bed
• Storage shed features tools and firewood elements
• Igloo features fireplace and removable roof
• Detach the snowplow to store it in the back of the truck!
• Make the fireplace glow with the LEGO® light brick!
• Decorate the cottage!
• Fetch firewood with the sled!
• Drive the snowplow!
• Cottage measures 6.7” (17 cm) high, 9.8” (25 cm) wide and 5.5” (14 cm) deep
• Storage shed measures 4.3” (11 cm) high, 2.7” (7 cm) wide and 2.7” (7 cm) deep
• Igloo measures 2.7” (7 cm) high, 2.7” (7 cm) wide and 2.7” (7 cm) deep
• Snowplow measures 2.7” (7 cm) high, 7” (18 cm) long (with plow attached) and 2.3” (6 cm) wide
• Add the new Winter Village Cottage to other LEGO® Winter Village series models like the 10199 Winter Toy Shop, 10216 Winter Village Bakery and 10222 Winter Village Post Office.
Leaked earlier this year from a Dutch toy site, we now have pictures and data about this year’s second LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collectors exclusive: 10227 B-wing Starfighter. Here’s the lowdown: $199 USD, 1,428 pieces, available starting in October from LEGO Shop@Home and Brand Retail locations. The model appears to be larger than minifig scale and does not include any minifigures. It’s kind of a missed opportunity, though. I would have loved a proper minifig-scaled UCS B-wing. The UCS Falcon and Imperial Shuttle before it worked really well; the Executor, not so much. Anyways, pics below, followed by the designer video whenever they decide to make it public, and finally the official press releaes after that.
Thanks to Dutch toy shop Brickshop.nl and Brickset for breaking the news, we now have a glimpse of LEGO’s UCS/Shop@Home exclusives for 2012. And the list is with the most interesting parts highlighted:
- 10223 Kingdoms Joust
- 10224 Town Hall
- 10225 R2-D2
- 10226 Sopwith Camel
- 10227 B-Wing
The B-wing set excites me the most as it is one of my favorite ships from the OT. I can only assume that it would be either proper minifig scale ship or heaven help me a UCS ship. If the latter, then I’ll squeal like a little girl. I cannot wait to see it given the UCS treatment. As far as R2-D2, pure speculation on my part but it could look like this:
The above image was the model displayed in Target stores many years back as a promotional gimmick. You had to guess the number of bricks used to win the model. I could also imagine a Power Functions type of model with special sound bricks, remote control, and motors galore.
Thanks to JamesBenjamin for reposting the list on our forums.
It should be noted that Brickshop.nl took down their pages. Brickset also has complied with LEGO’s request, but given this day and age of information, the internet, and the speed in which it can be disseminated, do they honestly think they can put the toothpaste back in the tube? We’ll see if any such takedown notices come my way, in the meantime, share your thoughts in our existing thread.