You know what Walmart has that Amazon doesn’t? 10218 Pet Shop for $111.59. Amazon doesn’t have any for sale since the last time they price matched, but a bunch of third party sellers do at near full price.
Well this is a surprise. Making their official debut at LEGO Fan Weekend in Denmark today, LEGO officially unveils their next exclusive: 10230 Mini Modulars. This is a VIP member exclusive, meaning you have to be a VIP member in order to purchase this set. 10230 Mini Modulars takes the first 5 models from the modular building series and shrinks them down to mini dimensions: Cafe Corner, Market Street, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade, and Grand Emporium. Probably the only way I’d ever buy a Market Street but I digress. I can only assume that there will be future iterations of Mini Modulars to include all the other buildings the series will see. Most notably absent is the more recent release of 10218 Pet Shop. The set may not look like it but will contain 1,356 pieces. Pricing data is as follows: US $79.99, CAN $99.99, DE 69.99 €, UK 59.99 £, DK 649 DKK, and AU $119.99. And finally, you can expect to hand over your money in January 2012 for the set. More pictures below, followed by their video, and finally the official press release:
10230 Mini Modulars
Ages 12+. 1,356 pieces.
US $79.99 CA $99.99 DE 69.99 € UK 59.99 £ DK 649.00 DKK AU $119.99
Available only to our LEGO® VIP Program Members, this exclusive mini modulars set is an authentic miniature representation of the first 5 buildings in the Modular Building series: Café Corner, Market Street, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium. Featuring highly detailed design, each building can be displayed as a stand alone piece or connected to the others buildings in the set. The mini Café Corner includes details like a fan above the doorway and printed hotel signage, while the mini Market Street includes transparent bricks and a unique brick construction. The quaint mini Green Grocer also features transparent bricks and a fire escape at the rear, while the mini Fire Brigade includes a brick bell and white arch wall elements. Finally, the mini Grand Emporium has a rooftop sign, skylight and window washing platform. With fantastic detailing and a huge variety of elements in a range of rich colors, this exclusive mini modulars set is the perfect addition to every VIP Member’s collection.
• Exclusively available to LEGO® VIP Members!
• Authentic miniature representation of first 5 Modular Buildings: Café Corner, Market Street, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium!
• Each building can be displayed individually or connected to the other buildings in the set!
• All buildings feature fantastic detailing and a wide variety of elements and colors!
• Completed model measures over 5″ (14.5 cm) tall, 12″ (32 cm) long and 2.5″ (6.5 cm) wide!
• Each individual building measures 2.5″ (6.5 cm) long and 2.5″ (6.5 cm) wide!
Shop@Hom is also posting another video on their new Facebook page
LEGO has officially unveiled today their latest addition to their Cafe Corner style of building sets, 10218 Pet Shop. The press release says it will be available “at the beginning of May” but the Shop@Home website currently has no listing for the set. Word on the street is that the official on sale day is May 10. Pics follow the official press release below:
10218 Pet Shop
Ages 16+. 2,032 pieces.
US $149.99 CA $199.99 DE 149.99 € UK 119.99 £
Continuing the LEGO® Modular Buildings series, this highly detailed, 3-story Pet Shop building and townhouse with full internal and external detailing is the perfect addition to your LEGO town. Greet customers with a menagerie of pets and let them treat them with a selection of toys and supplies. The pet shop building features a hinged staircase for easy access, upper apartment with kitchenette and upper loft overlooking the open plan interior below. To the side, the tastefully appointed townhouse features a detailed ground floor with accessories and spiral staircase leading to the upper floor. The attic space features storage boxes and French doors leading out to an elegant front balcony, while the rooftop garden, complete with fresh vegetables, brightens up the rear of the building.
• Includes 4 minifigures with accessories: pet shop owner, girl on bicycle, painter with paint roller and woman!
• Pet shop includes dog, cat, 2 parrots and fish tank with goldfish!
• Also includes 3 dog bones, ball, frog toy, birdhouse, bucket and brush!
• Kitchenette features stone fireplace, stove, sink, coffee maker and small table and chair!
• Upper loft features skylight, bed and lamp!
• Townhouse features ground floor with mailbox and mail, hat rack, couch, telephone, toilet and access to basement crawl space!
• Measures 11″ (25.5cm) wide and 10.5″ (26.5cm) high!
• Combine with other modular buildings, like 10197 Fire Brigade and 10211 Grand Emporium!