In The News:
- UCS TIE Fighter for $49
- [SDCC] Hello Secret Camera. The LEGO Batman Movie Trailer
- [SDCC] I Hear You Can Talk to Fish… Justice League Trailer
- [SDCC] “Well that’s neat”… Wonder Woman Trailer
- [SDCC] LEGO Dimensions Wave 7 Release Date and Details
I'm pretty sure my feelings about Episode I as a movie are fairly well established around here. Spoiler alert... not good. That being said, one of the things I think that Episode I did fairly well was setting up a lot of interesting and fairly unique designs, especially compared to some of the stuff we got later. Naboo was simply gorgeous, with an aesthetic that was fairly diverse and definitely unique compared to the rest of Star Wars that we saw.The Naboo starfighter was an fairly interesting ship, that unfortunately only a player for about 10 minutes in the movie (though spread across far longer, because everything was). We didn't get to see a whole lot, other than the fact that the Naboo never felt the need to install parental controls, lockout programs, keys, or any sort of protections on their military hardware. Well, that and that they valued style over...(read more)
- Stegoceras writes:
- The amazing new mini-figures
- The BARC Speeder is in my opinion the best battle-pack vehicle as of yet.
- The ARF-trooper would have looked so much cooler with a new printed body to fit that awesome helmet. (of course giving him the clone commander body is a suitable option)
- Two Bomb-squad troopers, which I think reduces the use of buying multiples of this set. (why would you want an army of Bomb-Squad troopers)
An awesome battle-pack to spruce up your clonetrooper army, even the BARC-speeder makes a great addition to your clone army ground forces. The only big drawback to me is the 2 bomb-squad troopers which would stop me from buying many multiples for army building since I think more than 4 or so bomb-squad troopers would be redundant (they are just not front-line army material in my opinion). I'd rather have seen TLG put in an extra of one of the other two or even better a clone pilot (I even would have settled for a regular clonetrooper), but all in all this battle-pack is worth it and a definite buy for any Lego SW fan.