Odds are we’re still in prequel territory, but are we almost done or only halfway through?
Amazon has a selection of Ideas sets on sale with discounts ranging from 13-20% off.
The Big Bang Theory and Doctor Who are out of stock at Shop.LEGO.com and are listed as retiring soon. Maze is also listed as retiring soon and is out of stock at Amazon. WALL•E is retiring soon, out of stock at LEGO [email protected], but is still available through Amazon for regular retail price of $59.99. If there is room in your collection/budget for just one Ideas set, it should be WALL•E.
Yesterdays AAT signalled the coming of the droids, are you ready?
Right now through December 17, 2016 at 11:59pm PT, Target is offering $10 off your toy purchase of $50 or more, or $25 off your toy purchase of $100 or more. These stack with the sale prices that some sets are seeing. If you have a Target REDCard, you can net an additional 5% off. But wait, there’s more, REDCard holder or not, you’ll get free shipping! Some highlights:
- 75150 Vader’s TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing Starfighter is on sale for $69.99. With the $10 discount, it drops down to $59.99. REDCard 5% discount nets me an additional $3.00 making the final price $56.99 before taxes. (coincidentally, Amazon is charging $59.99 for the same item.)
- 75149 Resistance X-Wing Fighter is on sale for $54.99. After REDCard and $10 discounts, it can be had for just $42.74 before taxes. (Amazon hasn’t matched this one yet.)
- 75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium is $66.49 after all the hoops (Amazon has it at the same discounted price sans the 5% REDCard advantage that Target has, $69.99).
- Still haven’t gotten a fan-favorite UCS 75095 TIE Fighter? $141.54 is what that puppy is going for after all the discounts are applied, pre-tax of course.
The sale prices on some of these items are only good for another day at the time of this writing and will end on December 12th, 11:59pm PT.
Right now, Amazon and Best Buy are discounting a ton of LEGO Dimensions sets by tons of dollars. The discounts range from 40-60% off. Amazon has sold out of some of the Dimensions items but Best Buy has them in stock. Here are some highlights:
- PlayStation 4 Starter Pack w/exclusive Supergirl $34.99 (reg. $89.99)Amazon | Best Buy
- Gremlins Team Pack $14.99 (reg. $24.99) Amazon | Best Buy
- E.T. Fun Pack $5.99 (reg. $11.99) Amazon | Best Buy
- Mr. T $5.99 (reg. $11.99) Best Buy
- Ghostbusters Story Pack $29.99 (reg. $49.99) Best Buy
- Adventure Time Level Pack $ Amazon | Best Buy
And if you’re a Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked member, you’ll net an additional 20% discount on top of the already low prices.
And on a similar note, I was in Toys’R’Us the other day and noticed they had the Adventure Time Marceline Fun Pack back on the shelf. I can only assume that they fixed the ghosting issue.
So. Prequels. Yippie.
I’m already sick of snow, Let’s see if today takes us someplace warm.
Full article »
Will we be spending another day on the frozen wastes of Hoth, or will be moving on to greener pastures?
I’m a huge fan of Spider-Man. As a geeky kid, I could certainly relate to Peter Parker and all the struggles that he went through. Next to Batman and Superman, he’s probably the most recognizable comic book character in the world (those were the first three characters that my daughter recognized… #nerddad), and, like Batman and Superman, his cinematic history has been a bit… mixed.
Captain America: Civil War was the movie where we got the perfect rendition of Peter Parker and Spider-Man in the same movie. The awkward and unsure Peter that was dedicated to his aunt and unsure of his direction in life and the absurdly chatty and annoying Spider-Man that used his brains and mouth as much (or more) than his brawn.
Between Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Thor: Ragnorok, and Spider-Man Homecoming… next year is looking pretty bright in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Thanks to fallenangel327 for shooting me a note with the trailer and reminding me to post it.
Yesterday was some fun in the snow, will today keep the sense of wonder?