Update 5: Final batch of characters have been revealed and added to the bottom of this post.
Update 4: Another tweet, another reveal. This time we get Emo Slurpee Superfan, Flamefish Fishface, and Hippie Rockstar (Shark Army Great White, Shark Army General #1, and Gong & Guitar Rocker)
Update 3: Hey, I got one right! Batch 2’s actual names are Sushi Chef, Misako, and Jay Walker.
Update 2: LEGO tweeted some more minifig reveals. This time it’s Sushi Chef, Loco Koko, and Selfie-stick Stan. Again, those may or may not be official names. Images added at the bottom.
Update: There was a second tweet that details their names to be Volcano Garmadon, Lloyd Garmadon, Master Wu, and Spinjitzu Training Nya.
LEGO’s social media team revealed a handful of minifigs from The LEGO NINJAGO Movie collectible minifigures line featuring Pajama Midnight Snack Garmadon, Green Arrow LuhLoyd, Second Breakfast Sensei Wu, and Angry Ninja Lady. Those names may or may not have been made up. The tweet details that there will be 20 figures in the series and that they will all be revealed through today and tomorrow.
Check out those bowls!
LEGO announced earlier today their Direct to Consumer tie-in set for the upcoming The LEGO NINJAGO Movie, 76020 NINJAGO City. It will cost you just $299.99 for this beauty, and with that you’ll get 4,867 pieces. There are 16 minifigs included with this set: Jay, Kai and Lloyd Garmadon (each with new high school outfit decoration), Green Ninja Suit, Misako, Jamanakai Villager, Sally, Ivy Walker, Konrad, Severin Black, Tommy, Guy, Juno, Mother Doomsday, Shark Army Gunner and Officer Noonan, plus Sweep the maintenance robot.
Now, I’ve said it a few times, that even though the NINJAGO movie sets were under photo embargo at Toy Fair, they are worth waiting for and will be worth every penny. NINJAGO City is just gorgeous and is an amuse-bouche to what the rest of the line will look like. Save your pennies now kids, because 76020 NINJAGO City will be released on LEGO [email protected] and Brand Retail locations on September 1, 2017. I assume all the other sets will too.
More pictures below, followed by the official press release. No designer video as far as I can tell.
I CAN’T WAIT!
70620 NINJAGO® City
Ages 16+. 4,867 pieces.
US $299.99 – CA $349.99 – DE 299.99€ – UK £259.99 – DK 2599.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Live the life of a ninja in NINJAGO® City!
Enjoy endless role-play fun in NINJAGO® City, a hugely-detailed 3-level model connected by a sliding elevator. Level 1 features a traditional fish market, house, a bridge over a stream, and a fishing boat. The second level has a modern fashion store, comic book store, crab restaurant with ‘crab-grilling’ function and cash-dispensing ATM. The vertical city is topped off with Lloyd Garmadon and Misako’s apartment, a rooftop sushi bar with sushi conveyor belt, and a radio tower. This action-packed THE LEGO® NINJAGO MOVIE™ set also includes 16 minifigures and Sweep the maintenance robot.
• Includes 16 minifigures: Jay, Kai and Lloyd Garmadon (each with new high school outfit decoration), Green Ninja Suit, Misako, Jamanakai Villager, Sally, Ivy Walker, Konrad, Severin Black, Tommy, Guy, Juno, Mother Doomsday, Shark Army Gunner and Officer Noonan, plus Sweep the maintenance robot.
• Features a 3-level model (each level lifts off for easy play) connected by a sliding elevator, plus a traditional fishing boat.
• Level 1 features a bridge, sewer outlet, stream with translucent-blue and translucent-green water elements, sliding elevator with room for a minifigure, traditional fish market with fish and crab elements, house with dining room and bedroom with sliding screen doors and foldout ‘solar panels’, Sweep the maintenance robot’s service station with assorted tool elements, and a taxi stand with telephone element.
• Level 2 features a modern fashion store with 2 mannequins and assorted NINJAGO® product elements, a construction site with a bonsai tree, a comic book store with brick-built sign, cashier desk, comic book stand with assorted elements including collectible NINJAGO training cards, a crab restaurant with brick-built crab entrance sign and oven with ‘crab-grilling’ function, a cash-dispensing ATM, 15 bank note elements (ATM can dispense up to 13), and a movie poster display stand with 4 interchangeable movie poster elements.
• Place the uncooked crab element in the oven, turn the dial and open the oven to reveal a cooked crab element.
• Press the handle behind the ATM to dispense bank note elements.
• Level 3 features a radio tower, modern rooftop sushi bar with sushi conveyor belt function and brick-built food, bathroom with sliding door, and brick-built puffer fish and squid sculptures, Lloyd Garmadon and Misako’s apartment with an opening window, bunk bed, kitchen unit and attic space for the Green Ninja Suit minifigure.
• Turn the dial to activate the sushi conveyor belt.
• Weapons include Jay’s chain with spike and Shark Army Gunner’s fish flame.
• Recreate and role-play exciting THE LEGO® NINJAGO® MOVIE™ scenes.
• NINJAGO® City measures over 24” (63cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 16” (42cm) deep.
• Traditional fishing boat measures over 1” (4cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.
Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning September 1, 2017 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:
US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346
European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111
©2017 Warner Bros. Ent. All rights reserved. LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure and NINJAGO are trademarks and/or copyrights of the LEGO Group. ©2017 The LEGO Group.
If you plan on picking up the next chapter in TTGames’s perennial money maker, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2, it would behoove you to place a pre-order for the deluxe version of the game right now on your choice of system as doing so will net you a minifigure of Giant-Man as a pre-order bonus. Gone are the days where select retailers get different bonuses it seems as this bonus is available every retailer that is accepting pre-orders. I’ve listed links below that point to Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop for the deluxe version of the game which includes the season pass, Giant-Man, and early access to the Guardians of the Galaxy character pack. Price is $74.99 but if you have Amazon Prime or are a member of Best Buy’s Gamer’s Club Unlocked, you’ll get a 20% discount bringing the price down to just $59.99.
- Playstation 4: Amazon | Best Buy | GameStop
- Nintendo Switch: Amazon | Best Buy | GameStop
- Xbox One: Amazon | Best Buy | GameStop
You know, if TTGames were truly evil, they’d offer a different exclusive minifig for different retailers and/or different versions. Oh… maybe I shouldn’t have said that out loud…
Cars 3 opened this weekend, and judging by its box office numbers ($53.6 domestic), a lot of people saw it, including yours truly. But enough of the intro, here is my 10-second, spoiler-free review:
Go see it. It’s good enough to make you forget that that steaming pile of crap known as Cars 2 ever existed. Cars 3 is spiritually the true sequel to the original movie and makes a fine movie-going experience. While the Cars franchise isn’t ranked very highly by most Pixar fans or movie critics alike, it is one of my favorites and this one does not disappoint.
I tweeted about this yesterday, but I am pretty sure LEGO Dimensions is dead, put out to pasture, retired, discontinued, whatever you want to call it. But there was absolutely no mention of any Year 3 product or plans or anything of the sort. Compared to last year’s E3 where LEGO Dimensions banners peppered the concourse between the West and South halls and the dedicated 20 minute presentation of all the new and upcoming content for Year 2, there was absolutely no presence of LEGO Dimensions anywhere other than the three demo stations in the corner of the WB Games booth that was shared with LEGO Worlds and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2. A friendly booth worker wouldn’t comment on its demise other than a cryptic “We are exploring options for 2018″, which, admittedly could mean anything, and still leaves a foot in the door for them to announce some new Fun, Team, Level, or Story pack between now and the next E3. But let’s face facts, E3 is the place to announce your games for the rest of this year and even next year and if the best you can do is say nothing, then that does not bode well. Again, this is purely speculation on my part with no official statement from WB, but you can’t ignore the details, or lack there of in this case
With all that being said, there is one more wave of sets left coming out later this year in September: The Powerpuff Girls Fun and Team Packs, Teen Titans Go! Fun and Team Packs, and a Beetlejuice Fun Pack. I am super bummed that there is no Mojo Jojo Fun Pack to accompany the three girls. The Powerpuff Girls minifigs look fantastic with their oversized heads and mini legs. These are definite must-buys for me.
I tried to make it back to the WB booth today to see if they had a Townsville level playable since they had the Teen Titans Go! level up yesterday, but I couldn’t tear myself away from Nintendo’s booth. Tomorrow is the last day E3, so there’s a small chance I could go back, but I make no promises. Too much good stuff from the big N.
I shot some more video from the WB booth today, this time a few minutes of the Teen Titans Go! level featuring Beetlejuice and Beast Boy. Beetlejuice’s run animation is hilarious. They didn’t have any of their accompanying vehicles to show during the demo though. They may show Power Puff Girls tomorrow or Thursday. And I failed to get pics of the Teen Titans Go figures, but here’s some shots of Beetlejuice:
And in case you are wondering, if you scan in Robin from The LEGO Batman Movie Story Pack and Cyborg from an earlier Fun Pack, they will be rendered as their Teen Titans Go! version.
The above video shows a thirteen and a half minute playthrough of the demo for the upcoming LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 that was available to play at E3. The focus of the demo is on the Guardians of the Galaxy crew as they work together to defeat a Celestial.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 comes out for Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch on November 14, 2017.
And just when I thought I was done with book purchases after John Stewart Green Lantern, DK comes out with The LEGO Batman Movie Essential Collection. This collection contains two books: The LEGO Batman Movie: The Essential Guide and a new The LEGO Batman Movie Ultimate Sticker Book. You’ll get Arkham Asylum Penguin as a bonus. You can pre-order this collection right now through Amazon with an expected release date of September 26, 2017. Price as of this writing is $15.39 and will be protected under Amazon’s Pre-order Price Guarantee.
I am still waiting patiently for the Egg Man and his mech.