Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[MSH] Assembling The Avengers

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[MSH] Assembling The Avengers

Postby buriedbybricks » Sat May 05, 2012 6:37 pm

Assembling The Avengers - Day 1: Black Widow

In anticipation of the upcoming Avengers movie I started building some pieces to be displayed at my local comic shop on FCBD this Saturday. Even though I started these around the first of March, I've just managed to get them finished in time and snapped some photos with the help of my Wife.

I wrote an article back in October about LEGO costuming and have been experimenting with it a great deal since then. I have many projects in the works and some will probably never be widely seen, but being a Marvel Zombie I could not miss this opportunity to create a tribute to some of my favourite Avengers.

Some info on the Widow's gear from Marvel.com

Black Widow customarily wears two bracelets equipped to discharge the "widow’s bite," high-frequency electrostatic bolts of up to 30,000 volts, capable of stunning even a superhuman opponent at a range of at least 20 feet, shoot tear gas cartridges and act as a radio transmitter. The bracelets’ various functions are activated by galvanic sensors keyed to Black Widow’s wrist musculature. At times she carries plastic explosive discs equivalent to 4 pounds of TNT in her belt.

Assembling The Avengers - Day 2: Thor

Some info on Mjolnir from Marvel.com

Thor wields Mjolnir, a hammer forged from uru metal. Mjolnir is virtually unbreakable, and allows Thor to command the powers of the storm, causing rain, thunder and lightning. Thor can channel the storm’s fury into devastating blasts of energy that can destroy even secondary Adamantium. He can also channel his godly energies through Mjolnir into blasts so powerful that they can slay even immortals. Mjolnir can absorb other energies into itself, which Thor can then release.

Mjolnir obeys Thor’s commands as though it were alive, and if Thor’s will is strong enough, the hammer can pass through nearly any barrier to reach him should he so desire. Using this command over Mjolnir’s flight path, Thor is able to use the hammer to fly, achieving escape velocities. Mjolnir can also transform Thor into his civilian guises. When Thor is a civilian, the hammer most often becomes an old wooden cane. While employing a mortal guise, Thor will transform back into his mortal form should he be separated from Mjolnir for more than 60 seconds.

By spinning Mjolnir in a circle, Thor can open portals to other dimensions. Formerly, it also allowed him to travel in time, but Immortus removed this power. Enchantments surrounding Mjolnir prevent it from being wielded by anyone except those who have been found worthy. Thus far, this includes Thor, Odin, Tiwaz, Red Norvell, Beta Ray Bill, Captain America and Eric Masterson. To anyone else, Mjolnir cannot be lifted from the ground nor wrested from Thor’s grip.

Assembling The Avengers - Day 3: Hawkeye

Some info on Hawkeye's weapons from Marvel.com

Hawkeye he used bow and "trick" arrows such as: flares, explosives, putty, sonic blasts, buzz saws, electrical discharge, suction cups, tear gas, smoke bombs, bolas, nets, rockets, and boomerangs.

Last, but not least...

Assembling The Avengers - Day 4: Captain America

The final day, the First Avenger.

Some info on Cap's Shield from Marvel.com

Captain America's only weapon was his shield, a concave disk 2.5 feet in diameter, weighing 12 pounds. It is made of a unique Vibranium-metal alloy that has never been duplicated. The shield was cast by American metallurgist Dr. Myron MacLain, who was contracted by the U.S. government to create an impenetrable substance to use for tanks during World War II. MacLain was never able to duplicate the process due to his inability to identify a still unknown factor that played a role in it. The shield was awarded to Captain America by the government several months after the beginning of his career. The shield has great aerodynamic properties: it is able to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. Its great overall resilience, combined with its natural concentric stiffness, enables it to rebound from objects with minimal loss of angular momentum. It is virtually indestructible: it is resistant to penetration, temperature extremes, and the entire electromagnetic spectrum of radiation. The only way it can be damaged in any way is by tampering with its molecular bonding.

Thank you to my lovely Wife for taking these photos for me!

Now to write up the movie review...

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
buriedbybricks

Re: [MSH] Assembling The Avengers

Postby scotth510 » Sun May 06, 2012 10:14 am

I'm not sure why no one has commented on these, but they are great. I Especially like the bow and Capt. America's shield. You definitely have an eye for building "outside the box".
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scotth510/
http://www.youtube.com/user/scotth510
scotth510

Postby tahdas » Wed May 09, 2012 7:11 am

Wow! Really nice job! Can't wait to see te movie!
tahdas

Postby dWhisper » Wed May 09, 2012 7:33 am

I'd like to see some more detail pictures of close on how they were built, especially Hawkeye's bow and Thor's hammer.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby SDIronClaw » Wed May 09, 2012 5:06 pm

Dang man, nicely done!!!
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby sparkart » Thu May 17, 2012 6:45 am

These are great! Is an Arc reactor on the workbench?

To represent all of the movie Avengers, what could be the Hulk's artifact? Dr. Banners smashed reading glasses?
sparkart

Postby buriedbybricks » Wed May 30, 2012 7:30 pm

dWhisper wrote:I'd like to see some more detail pictures of close on how they were built, especially Hawkeye's bow and Thor's hammer.

Anything in particular you're looking for dWhisper? If you go to the images on flickr, they're all full size images and you can clearly see how the bow is built. The pics are big enough to count my freckles, but if you have a specific curiousity I could probably snap a pic for you.

sparkart wrote:These are great! Is an Arc reactor on the workbench?

<.<

I did consider building Banner's glasses, but would have liked to do wearable Hulk hands if I thought thre parts needed were available in large green quantities.

I'm certainly not done with this initiative.
buriedbybricks

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase