Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

7590 Woody and Buzz to the Rescue

Read what others think of Toy Story sets. Add your own mini review!

Rating

40%
20%
40%

Total votes : 5

7590 Woody and Buzz to the Rescue

Postby Staff » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:00 am

Rate this set using the poll options above.

You may add a mini review and comments by following the format below:

Pros: It's awesome!

Cons: It sucks!

Comments: Comments go here.

Please be brief and concise. Any posts not following this format will be deleted. If you're interested in submitting a full review, please visit our reviews forum.

Set Guide Entry: 7590 Woody and Buzz to the Rescue
Staff

Re: 7590 Woody and Buzz to the Rescue

Postby onions » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:48 am

Pros: RC is faithfully recreated with printed elements to boot! Also, has a pullback motor.

Cons: Pricey

Comments: Recreating the climactic scene from Toy Story, this set gets major points for having printed elements, a pullback motor, and two of the main characters from the movie. Woody and Buzz may be a bit off scale from RC but despite that it's a great little set if you can get past the price.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:55 pm

Pros: Nicely accurate. Iconic minifigs. Printed pieces!

Cons: Rather fragile, so if you use the pull back motor function, expect stuff to fall off. The minifigs (at least in mine, I was kind of wondering if this was always the case, or just in later production runs) appear to be the cheap, Chinese quality (indents inside the arms, color a bit off, plastic just LOOKS different, legs aren't actually parallel on Woody, and have visible stress points straight out of the box), which is really surprising in a licensed set.

Comments: I waited quite a while to get this, when it was on a substantial sale, since the price seemed high, but I really like the set (after I got the three pieces that were missing from mine replaced). A bit bummed about the apparently cheap minifigs, but to be honest, like with the collectible figs, I don't really notice unless I examine them closely, which I wouldn't have done in this case if I hadn't seen the indents on the arms.
Mister Ed

Postby MrCRskater » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:37 am

Pros: RC is exquisitely detailed, and all parts are printed! Pull-back motor is very fun.

Cons: Cons?

Comments: The look of this kit is outstanding, very accurate. On first glance, it seems overpriced. $20 for 100ish parts? But it's top-of-the-line with several printed parts, uniquely molded figs, a pull-back motor element, and very well-designed overall. Absolutely worth the full retail price, but if you find it on sale it can't be beat!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Return to Toy Story Set Guide: Ratings and Comments