Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Galleries

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Galleries

Postby Robzula » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:27 pm

Is the new FBTB getting rid of the galleries like we had on the old one and relying on Flickr, the forums, and stuff like that, or is it just still in trasition? I apologize if this is the wrong place to be asking this (seemed the best place to me) and if this has already been asked.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Re: Galleries

Postby onions » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:10 am

Yes, we decided a little while before the transition to FBTB3.0 that managing the galleries was too time intensive on the administrative end and didn't allow the user any control over how or when the content is displayed. we fully endorse individuals to use flickr to set up their own galleries; there are other options such as brickshelf and mocpages and maybe even your own personal site but because of the strong LEGO community presence, flickr seems like a sure fire bet to keep up with what's going on in the LEGOsphere. We have our own flickr group where you can contribute your LEGO Star Wars (and other licensed theme mocs) to. It's at: http://www.flickr.com/groups/fbtb
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Robzula » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:44 pm

Thanks for the answer. One thing I would suggest is possibly putting a button for the Flickr stream up at the top of the page, instead of the link nestled in amongst all those other "Links of Interest" if you're wanting this to be FBTB's "official" gallery.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby onions » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:45 pm

we had a rotating image spot on fbtb2.0, i'm trying to work in a way to get something like that back for the home page.
onions
Founder
Founder

Return to Suggestions