Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

April 5 to 11 at TRU (US): BOGO 1/2 off *all* LEGO

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

April 5 to 11 at TRU (US): BOGO 1/2 off *all* LEGO

Postby Blondie-Wan » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:10 am

I just received an email from Toys 'R' Us this morning, with the most notable sale being a buy-one, get-one-half-off on all LEGO sets. Sweet. If only I weren't horribly broke this week (and, er, all others)...
Blondie-Wan

Re: April 5 to 11 at TRU (US): BOGO 1/2 off *all* LEGO

Postby ufjason » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:40 am

This is also available online so you can get bogo on the motorized atat and some other exclusives. Some sets like the separatist spider droid aren't eligible but I bet you can call that one in since the ad says ANY! Good time to pick up a republic cruiser or jedi starfighter with hyperdrive ring if you can find them in stores. They're only found in tru now and this will most likely be the only discount before they disappear.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby ricefields » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:04 pm

thanks for the heads up ufjason. I went online and not sure if this is something already known to most who buy online off tru (I am canadian so have not used it to buy from before) but you cannot buy 4 to get the half off on 2 of the 4 items. You have to buy 2 at a time and check out and then put another order of 2 sets in order to ensure that bogo applies each time. Not efficient and cannot guarantee that they all get shipped at the same time but what ya gonna do!
ricefields

Postby ufjason » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:37 am

ricefields, looks like you have to call them to set up a multiple item order. It will discount the lowest price sets to half off so it's best to order sets that cost the same in separate orders. So get an atat and a gunship and then a rogue shadow and another 50 dollar set. Easier done in store of course but if you don't have availability it's worth doing online.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Puddleglum » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:11 pm

Of course the other caveat here is to keep in mind how much you're really saving over MSRP, versus TRU giving back their markup. For example in theory you can save 25% off, but if you buy two $50 sets that TRU has marked up $4 each to $54, you end up paying $81 for $100 MSRP worth of LEGO - really only 19% off.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby kelano28 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:38 pm

Not sure about other locations but the TRU by me had the MT101 Armored Drilling Unit on clearance for 49.99 USD before the BOGO discount so pretty cheap for what I hear is a great set...
kelano28

Postby Aegrus » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:25 pm

^ same in my area. I actually picked it (MT101 Armored Drilling Unit) up Saturday before the sale. :(

Thanks for the heads up on BOGO, I just picked up 8635: Mobile Command Center and 7676: Republic Attack Gunship.
Aegrus

Postby Bored Robot » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:38 pm

Puddleglum wrote:Of course the other caveat here is to keep in mind how much you're really saving over MSRP, versus TRU giving back their markup. For example in theory you can save 25% off, but if you buy two $50 sets that TRU has marked up $4 each to $54, you end up paying $81 for $100 MSRP worth of LEGO - really only 19% off.

Yup, good advice, sometimes I look at the S@H just to see what the price is there to determine if the TRU offering is really a good deal. The most blatant rip-off has got to be the Battle Packs.

It looks like I better get the Republic Cruiser and the Hoth Base (maybe) now before it's too late!

About the Armored Drilling unit, the tags still show as 79.99 (as 4/6/09) if you see one on the shelf. I scanned a box for the heck of it last week and when it came back at 49.98 I knew I had a new toy! None of the other Mars Mission stuff is discounted however.

Happy hunting.
j. anthony
Bored Robot

Postby ufjason » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:27 pm

If you have a lego store nearby, this set is going for $34.99 on clearance.

kelano28 wrote:Not sure about other locations but the TRU by me had the MT101 Armored Drilling Unit on clearance for 49.99 USD before the BOGO discount so pretty cheap for what I hear is a great set...
ufjason

Postby solo606 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:39 am

Aegrus wrote:^ same in my area. I actually picked it (MT101 Armored Drilling Unit) up Saturday before the sale. :(

Thanks for the heads up on BOGO, I just picked up 8635: Mobile Command Center and 7676: Republic Attack Gunship.

Buy it again at cheaper price, then return it on the receipt with the higher price.

I did this this past weekend with Targets $8 sale.
I bough the 8958 Granite Grinder for $10.99 a few weeks before. When the Sale started I bought it again, then returned the one I just bought with the old receipt.

I also did this recently with the Space Skulls set. I purchased it about a month ago in a Lego store for $34.99.
When the price dropped to $20, I ordered from S@H with a $5 off coupon then returned the one I got form S@H to the Lego store with the older receipt.
solo606

Postby GIR3691 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:13 am

Just went to TRU. Thought I'd get some sets, maybe the CW battle packs. $12.99 each, so with the sale, that means:
TRU in store
$13 + $6.50 = $19.50 + $1.17 sales tax = $20.67.
MSRP from S@H (or a LEGO store)
$9.99 each = $19.98 + $1.20 sales tax = $21.18

Therefore, with the BOBO-1/2 sale, I'm saving about $.51 off MSRP. Woo. :S

EDIT: Oh yeah, they were out of the Clone Battle Packs too.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Tyrant » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:16 am

I finally got to a TRU to see if it was worth buying anything at this sale. The bulk of what I buy is Castle for figures and parts and I had mostly got what I was looking for up to this point. I ended up buying another Tower Raid (since it's only $1 above MSRP at TRU) and another Troll Battle Wheel. The Battle Wheel is on sale for $30 right now. So, I got the two of them for around $45 (plus tax obviously). If you are looking for Battle Wheels, I am pretty sure this sale is slightly better than the sale through S@H because even being on sale it still knocks off 50% of the second one so two of them are roughly $45 here and they would have been roughly $56 (27.99 each) through S@H. I also bought 2 of the green Creator car (the one that's about $13) because aside from the wheels and the windshield I can think of a use for every part in it. Mostly the green for landscaping though.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Return to Finds/Deals