Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Poll] Should FBTB Go Back To Covering Star Wars?

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Should FBTB revert back to Star Wars or stay with Power Miners?

Go back to Star Wars already, I'm getting the shakes!
75%
Stick with the superior theme: Power Miners!
25%

Total votes : 180

Re: [Poll] Should FBTB Go Back To Covering Star Wars?

Postby han_kelsen » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:26 pm

I'm not a huge fan of power miners, but there's still a star wars section, so I don't have a reason to be against the change. :D
han_kelsen

Postby Jabba the Taff » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:33 pm

How about we go for FBTBTBTB.....:

From Bombs to Boulders to Bricks to Bothans to ..... however many TBs we need to keep everyone happy. :D
Jabba the Taff

Postby DestructiveDelirium » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:43 pm

I can't even tell if this is a joke or not.
I'm saying back to Star Wars.
I have no interest in the "new" FBTB.
DestructiveDelirium

Postby legofactory » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Yes. This is such a bad site. Powerminers is by far not as popular as star wars. Didn't even understand the bother in changing to powerminers. Waste of time and effort. FBTB will see a even more significant loss if they change this to powerminers permantley. They said decrease members from star wars? Well its gonna be even even even MORE decrease for powermienrs. Thats for sure.
legofactory

Postby Darkrebellion » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:03 pm

If this isn´t an April Fool joke but a real deal then I think I will spend less time in this site :S .
STAR WARS ALL THE WAY !!!!!!!!!!!
Darkrebellion

Postby legofactory » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:03 pm

Also, they are trying to make it look like star wars is not popular. Go to front page. Their results are FALSE. 60% for powerminers and 40% for star wars. But if you look at the poll which we can actually vote on, its 69% for star wars and 31% for powerminers.

What a dishonest site. If FBTB stays as powerminers, i'm quitting this lame site. Its not that i hate powerminers. But its just not as cool as clone troopers, jedi and all that for Star wars.
legofactory

Postby Chuck » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:05 pm

legofactory wrote: Its not that i hate powerminers. But its just not as cool as clone troopers, jedi and all that for Star wars.

You're right; it's waaaaaay cooler than Star Wars.

-Chuck
Chuck

Postby Turkguy19 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:06 pm

legofactory wrote:Also, they are trying to make it look like star wars is not popular. Go to front page. Their results are FALSE. 60% for powerminers and 40% for star wars. But if you look at the poll which we can actually vote on, its 69% for star wars and 31% for powerminers.

What a dishonest site. If FBTB stays as powerminers, i'm quitting this lame site. Its not that i hate powerminers. But its just not as cool as clone troopers, jedi and all that for Star wars.

Everyone knows that 94% of all statistics are made up.
Turkguy19

Postby Joedward » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:08 pm

Oh James, you so just made that up :p
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Darkkazmo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:41 pm

If this move is actually real, I would support it all the way...
I was waiting for FBTB (like for ever) to start refocusing on LEGO as a building medium or at least as a general LEGO site simply because it became an attractive spot over the years in our LEGO community.
Star Wars as a theme is nice and all, but it's about time to bring more of the other LEGO crowd aboard to join the fun, in such a friendly environment. I met a lot of cool people here because of it, and now FBTB can become more of a versatile site, and also a main attraction for all LEGO fans! Of course that could require a lot more of those moderating efforts to keep things under control and in perspective, yet it could become a new LEGO force to be reckoned with...

I simply welcome the new direction. Whether Star Wars (as a main theme) has been something in the past or not, I just love to see this place becomes a community for a wider range of LEGO fans.
Lord of the Bricks
Darkkazmo

Postby thepatient » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:43 pm

I have just recieved some data plans from an R2 unit to... Chief. It's been discovered that he does have a weakness. Around on the backside, Chief has a small exhaust portal. If we can take a few squadrons of small fighters (mini X-wings and Y-wings) we might be able to take advantage of this weakness. If we are able fly down a long trench we can drop a Photon Torpedo into the portal; which will cause a chain reaction and destroy the core of Chief.

This won't be easy. This is considered one of the most dangerous places in the galaxy, but if the force is with us we can be victorious. It's just crazy enough to work.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby Teekay » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:08 pm

Alright, look. This had better be an April Fool's joke. If it is, it isn't funny anymore. SW all the way. Seriously, the staff of this forum and their jokes really get on my nerves. First I think Don is really banned, now I think that we are switching to PM, you people give me weekly heart attacks. Most of the people on this forum joined for LSW. I, for one, will leave if this is not a joke. FBTB was and really should always be From Bricks to Bothans: The LEGO Star Wars Fansite.

Seriously, back to SW. It's April 2.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby Mr. Mandalorian » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:09 pm

Pfft, as if. Change is good!

Plus, the new background is so cool- why make our poor staff change it so soon?
Mr. Mandalorian

Postby kelano28 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:15 pm

Pretty sure its a joke. PM is one of the worst themes currently available.

I mean... its awesome :shock:
kelano28

Postby FizzyPoppers » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Funny thing this all happened on April 1st. I first thought it was a joke. But seriously, just try out the site for a few months, and see what happens. Star Wars was always everthing a few years ago, but now it's this power minors stuff. :'( Maybe you should of thought more about changing the style of the site, instead of the entire theme. I still have hope for FBTB :)
Image YOU MUST CHOOSE... Image
FizzyPoppers

Postby FizzyPoppers » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:12 pm

thepatient wrote:I have just recieved some data plans from an R2 unit to... Chief. It's been discovered that he does have a weakness. Around on the backside, Chief has a small exhaust portal. If we can take a few squadrons of small fighters (mini X-wings and Y-wings) we might be able to take advantage of this weakness. If we are able fly down a long trench we can drop a Photon Torpedo into the portal; which will cause a chain reaction and destroy the core of Chief.

This won't be easy. This is considered one of the most dangerous places in the galaxy, but if the force is with us we can be victorious. It's just crazy enough to work.

:lol: first I laughed, but that's a bit too geeky :| Sure chief will be hard to brake, but photon torpedos won't do the trick ;)
FizzyPoppers

Postby MasterJediSpring » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Please turn back the focus to Star Wars. Even though Power Miners has potential, Star Wars is Star Wars and that's what this site should focus on.
MasterJediSpring

Postby FizzyPoppers » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:17 pm

Look, it's obvious that the majority prefers Star Wars. I say let the community have a final desicion on it, after all, they are the heart and soul of this site.
FizzyPoppers

Postby n8-the-great » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:23 pm

Please tell me this is a bad joke. I dont come here all the time, but I do stop by for info and to share pictures now and again. This is N8 some of you remember my picture of 1 of every star wars fig. I was just about to post another updated one as soon as I get that chrome vader. So the question is should I post a pic of like 280 different Star Wars figs :D or like 12 power miners :( ?
n8-the-great

Postby Commander Aero » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:47 pm

Power Miners is fine and has awesome colors. :D But star wars is the most awesome lego line ever if only to inspire great MOCs if we stop focusing on stars wars then there will be less star wars MOCs and that would be a disaster. :'( :'( :'( :'(
Commander Aero

PreviousNext

Return to Original Themes