Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Podracer] Twin Saber Racer

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Podracer] Twin Saber Racer

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:12 am

My entry for the contest is the Twin Saber Racer. I really enjoyed this build and I hope others enjoy the design. After almost 10 years of not building any MOCs it's feels good to toss the instructions and get creative again.
I've been wanting to build a custom Legosaber for some time, and the contest was just the boot I needed. I wanted the sabers to be as accurate as possible and made sure to incorporate the power cell, focusing crystal in it's chamber and beam emitter aperature.
My favorite part would have to be O8R-4, my retrofitted pilot droid. He was built with a need, a need for speed!
buriedbybricks

Re: [Podracer] Twin Saber Racer

Postby Galagoo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:53 pm

Lightsabers as engines is a really neat idea, and you've executed it well, with cool design and nice detailing.

The pod is pretty huge compared to the engines, but the design is good-looking, both sleek and greebled.
Pilot droid is a nice idea, too. It's looking very Sith-like, if you ask me, so it fits well with the colour scheme.
Galagoo

Postby Chief » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:52 pm

This is pretty awesome. I couldnt figure out at first why you were calling it a saber racer, then I saw the profile shot. Well played, sir.
Chief

Postby buriedbybricks » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:38 pm

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it.
I was going for a Sith look so I'm glad it translated. I would have used the profile as my entry pic, but I couldn't find a vacation pic that it looked good in!
If anyone wants to get a closer look at the engines after I reverse moded them, they're on my flickr page here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/odinsda/3397969475/in/set-72157615945499743/
buriedbybricks

Postby Larry Lars » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:57 pm

The light saber podracer is a great idea. A quite unique concept and really well executed at that. Well done.
Larry Lars

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase