Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Star Wars license expiring in 2011?!?!?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Star Wars license expiring in 2011?!?!?

Postby txtxtx » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:13 am

Is this even possible?!?!?!? I mean, come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is outrageous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Star Wars is the best selling theme since LEGO started!!!!!! So, what I want to know, is should I put all my money in Star Wars LEGO? Or is it not even true? :S Please tell me!!!!!!!!!!
Anakin: "All right, but you owe me one, and not for saving your skin for the tenth time."
Obi-Wan: "Ninth time. That business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't... doesn't count."
txtxtx

Re: Star Wars license expiring in 2011?!?!?

Postby Turkguy19 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:17 am

Star Wars LEGO is old, boring, and rehashed several times over. This new direction will refresh this community, and will bring more people into the wonderful place.
Turkguy19

Postby Solo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:18 am

I should deactivate your account for using your weekly quota of exclamation points in a single post.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby txtxtx » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:25 am

Solo wrote:I should deactivate your account for using your weekly quota of exclamation points in a single post.

I only used 51 ex points............. Is there a limit?

Turkguy19 wrote:Star Wars LEGO is old, boring, and rehashed several times over. This new direction will refresh this community, and will bring more people into the wonderful place.

And to you........ are you the admin that got the idea for the From Bombs To Boulders joke? It's pretty convincing.....
Anakin: "All right, but you owe me one, and not for saving your skin for the tenth time."
Obi-Wan: "Ninth time. That business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't... doesn't count."
txtxtx

Postby yankeeken » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:28 am

txtxtx wrote:Star Wars is the best selling theme since LEGO started!!!!!!

You're sadly mistaken. Everyone knows that Power Miners is the best selling LEGO theme.
yankeeken

Postby Turkguy19 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:30 am

txtxtx wrote:And to you........ are you the admin that got the idea for the From Bombs To Boulders joke? It's pretty convincing.....

Let us say yes, just because I don't feel like typing out the other answer.
Turkguy19

Postby txtxtx » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:33 am

yankeeken wrote:
txtxtx wrote:Star Wars is the best selling theme since LEGO started!!!!!!

You're sadly mistaken. Everyone knows that Power Miners is the best selling LEGO theme.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:
(anything worth doing once is worth doing again ;) )

edit by onions: no, it's not.
txtxtx

Postby yankeeken » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:40 am

Why do you think we are joking? :S

Anyway to answer your original question, Yes TLG's Star Wars license really does expire in 2011.
yankeeken

Postby Joedward » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:40 am

txtxtx wrote:
Solo wrote:I should deactivate your account for using your weekly quota of exclamation points in a single post.

That you even have to ask is reason enough to boot ya.

Also, we've known the license was going to end in 2011 already. We've known for like, 5 years, since the deal between GL and LEGO was given it's last extension.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby txtxtx » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:48 am

Joedward wrote:
txtxtx wrote:

That you even have to ask is reason enough to boot ya.

Also, we've known the license was going to end in 2011 already. We've known for like, 5 years, since the deal between GL and LEGO was given it's last extension.

Sorry!!!!!!!! :( I'm new (though you can probably tell......)....
txtxtx

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:57 pm

Given that LucasCorp has a live action TV series up it's sleeve, the license will almost certainly be renewed again.
Bertramtalespinner

Postby Masta' Bo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:03 pm

The license is dying. If I was Lucas, I would stop it now, for LEGO has been beating a dead horse since late 1999. Alas, alas...the power of LEGO and their contract making abilities. In other news, Power Miners roxorckzzz0z0z. That is all. :cool: XD ;)
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Postby Han Solo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:27 pm

I am outraged. Wake up FBTB! Remember the good old days when Star Wars was all we ever talked about? We never even used to think about anything but the starships and minfigs that were up for sale. Star Wars is by far the best thing that has ever happened and you guys are throwing it away for a bunch of stupid rock munchkins. So what if the line is ending in 2011? It was the only reason we opened expensive sealed boxes, opened polybags and put together bricks that would create a replica from George Lucas' classic saga. So fellow bothans, what is the point of this move that just leaves happy FBTB members in a state of misery?
Han Solo

Postby Turkguy19 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:01 pm

The good old days are dead. Star Wars LEGO is dead, so, what's the point of talking about it?

Han Solo wrote:So fellow bothans, what is the point of this move that just leaves happy FBTB members in a state of misery?

Uhh...speak for yourself. I'm pretty sure Im not in a state of misery because they changed the site. :roll:
Last edited by Turkguy19 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turkguy19

Postby Firespray » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:01 pm

Han Solo wrote:I am outraged. Wake up FBTB! Remember the good old days when Star Wars was all we ever talked about? We never even used to think about anything but the starships and minfigs that were up for sale. Star Wars is by far the best thing that has ever happened and you guys are throwing it away for a bunch of stupid rock munchkins. So what if the line is ending in 2011? It was the only reason we opened expensive sealed boxes, opened polybags and put together bricks that would create a replica from George Lucas' classic saga. So fellow bothans, what is the point of this move that just leaves happy FBTB members in a state of misery?

So that we can bask in the awesomeness that is Power Miners XD
Firespray

Postby FizzyPoppers » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:27 pm

It's a shame how Star Wars was suddenly killed on this site for A minor licensce that is Power Miners. I remember Greg's old comics, the customs of the week, I mean, come on guys bring back the original stuff that made FBTB what it was. You may think it's great having this around, but I bet one day we'll want to go back to the old site. It's a shame having the site deprived of Star Wars after that was the very thing that brought FBTB to life. Sure, time changes, but is this site changing for the better, or for the worse... (also, don't be so sad because Star Wars is dying in LEGO, look at classic space - they still have sites like neoclassicspace.com that keeps their community active.)
Image YOU MUST CHOOSE... Image
FizzyPoppers

Postby Chuck » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:08 pm

FizzyPoppers wrote:It's a shame how Star Wars was suddenly killed on this site for A minor licensce that is Power Miners. I remember Greg's old comics, the customs of the week, I mean, come on guys bring back the original stuff that made FBTB what it was. You may think it's great having this around, but I bet one day we'll want to go back to the old site. It's a shame having the site deprived of Star Wars after that was the very thing that brought FBTB to life. Sure, time changes, but is this site changing for the better, or for the worse... (also, don't be so sad because Star Wars is dying in LEGO, look at classic space - they still have sites like neoclassicspace.com that keeps their community active.)

I wasn't aware that Power Miner's is a licensed theme.

If you don't like the new site, then leave and stop complaining. Otherwise, we'll have to call whine-one-one and get you a whaaaaambulance.

-Chuck
Chuck

Postby Big C » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:19 am

Turkguy19 wrote:
txtxtx wrote:And to you........ are you the admin that got the idea for the From Bombs To Boulders joke? It's pretty convincing.....

Let us say yes, just because I don't feel like typing out the other answer.

If Turk's been put in charge, I'll eat Don's hat.
Big C

Postby Artizan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:33 am

yes, it's true that lego sw will expire 2011, but power miners theme is likely to end even before that! come on! are you going to change theme focus every two years after that?
Artizan

Postby Daz Hoo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:18 am

To seriously answer the original question, yes, it is true that the current license agreement between LEGO and Lucas is ending in 2011.

However, that doesn't necessarely mean that it won't be renewed. The first agreement was supposed to end in 2007, and it was extended until 2011. Will it be renewed again? It all depends on LEGO and Lucas.
Daz Hoo

Next

Return to Star Wars