Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Pre-order The LEGO Movie, Get Vitruvius

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Pre-order The LEGO Movie, Get Vitruvius

Postby Staff » Tue May 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Amazon has a listing up for The LEGO Movie: Everything is Awesome Edition. The disc set will be released in about a month and a half on June 17th, 2014. This is THE version to have because you will get:

• Blu-ray

• DVD

• UltraViolet Digital HD

• Vitruvius minifigure

• Collectible 3D Emmet photo

• Bonus 3D movie

And not only that, you get this EXCLUSIVE pre-blinded Vitruivius minifigure:

vitruvius

No staff to be seen and I wouldn't hold my breath that it would be included, but I always thought that was the one accessory that should have been made from a custom mould instead of just brick built. Anyways, the current asking price for the Everything is Awesome edition is $37.99, a 37% discount off of the $59.98 suggested price. And with Amazon's pre-order price guarantee, should the price fall below the price you pre-ordered at, you will get the lowest price. So it would behoove you to pre-order sooner rather than later.

And if you were getting sick of Let It Go, prepare yourselves for Everything Is Awesome.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/05/06/pre-order-the-lego-movie-get-vitruvius/
Staff

Re: Pre-order The LEGO Movie, Get Vitruvius

Postby Andi » Wed May 07, 2014 2:39 am

Does anyone know if that will be a Region free Blu-Ray?
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby lostone » Wed May 07, 2014 5:41 am

hi all

any idea if the minifig will be included in UK version? cant find any info on it on amazon uk
lostone

Postby Gooker1 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:17 am

holy cow that's expensive for a special edition. Even the Hobbit wasn't that expensive w/ the 3D version. Will hold off till Target and Best Buy show their prices on it.
Gooker1

Postby sparkart » Wed May 07, 2014 7:09 am

Yeah, I'm with Gooker1, that MSRP seems high for what you get. I grew up in a capitalist country, and don't usually whine about prices, but what is the deal with the very high MSRPs for these movies?

I actually really like some of the gimmicky packages and extra things in Blu-ray/DVD. I've bought Blade Runner at least four or five times (including VHS, HD-DVD, & Blu-ray), because it came with something really cool, like a toy Spinner. I only bought the new Star Trek, because it came with an Enterprise model display.

Some of these special editions though, I wonder how they come up with the outrageous MSRPs. There's a Miyazaki 13-disc set coming out soon with 11 movies, with an MSRP of over $600. What the what? That's over 50 bones PER movie! Oh, but you do get a special extra - a paper airplane. Serious.

$60 for a LEGO mini-fig bonus is high, right?
sparkart

Postby Brainslugged » Wed May 07, 2014 9:45 am

sparkart wrote:$60 for a LEGO mini-fig bonus is high, right?

I thought you'd made a mistake there and had to check Amazon for myself. I can't believe anywhere on the planet will get away with selling it for $60. I'm not into 3D or Vitruvius so the special edition is an easy pass fortunately. Plus I hate minifigs who don't have minifig legs. Just imagine if it had come with a limited edition Unikitty though. Now that would be worth $37.
Brainslugged

Postby onions » Wed May 07, 2014 10:55 pm

clearly you've never bought dvd's in japan. the prices there make the (rising) prices here still look like a bargain.

i'm in for one.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby RfAurora » Thu May 08, 2014 7:49 am

onions wrote:clearly you've never bought dvd's in japan. the prices there make the (rising) prices here still look like a bargain.

i'm in for one.

I went and pre-ordered my copy. The fun part will be getting my parents and sister to watch it.
RfAurora

Postby wegj » Thu May 08, 2014 8:45 pm

If you prize $17 over the exclusive edition I just noticed Toys R Us has actually the best price on the blu ray--$20!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... age=search
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

More Ways To Get Awesome

Postby Staff » Sun May 18, 2014 2:16 pm

Did you miss out on getting pre-ordering the Everything Is Awesome edition of The LEGO Movie from Amazon? Fear not as I have a few other ways for you to get your hands on Vitruvius minifigure with disc media accessories.

Side note: The picture above was gleaned off of Walmart's listing and gives a better view of the exact kind of packaging for the movie. It looks like it's a 3D packaging of Emmet's bust. 'Cause you know, when the disc is filed on the shelf with your other DVD's, the 3D relief is more visible than the spine.

Walmart has this movie up for pre-order as well and is asking for $39.96 of your hard-earned dollars in exchange. This item will ship for free.

Target also has this movie and for a few dollars less. They list it $37.99. Free shipping begins at $50 so you can probably toss in a LEGO Movie set to bring up your total. I would recommend either 70801 Melting Room ($12.99) or 70800 Getaway Glider ($12.19) as they won't break the bank and will push you just past the free shipping threshold. Don't forget: REDCard holders get an additional 5% off and automatic free shipping with no minimum.

Coincidentally, Best Buy also has it for the same price: $37.99 with free standard shipping. This is not available for in-store pickup.

Toys'R'Us hasn't made a listing on their website for the movie deal yet, and kmart has it listed at a spendy $49.99.
Staff

Postby ufjason » Sun May 18, 2014 3:00 pm

How could you miss it? This isn't going to be released for another month.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby onions » Sun May 18, 2014 3:06 pm

sorry, i guess i should be more explicit. miss out on the pre-order
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Sun May 18, 2014 5:28 pm

Surely this isn't pre-sold out already...
The_Chosen_1

Postby onions » Sun May 18, 2014 9:32 pm

just from amazon. amazon may up their order from the distributor.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby sparkart » Sun May 18, 2014 11:16 pm

The OG Battlestar Galactica Collector's Box featured a similar bas-relief, but of a Cylon helm face, almost large enough to make a child's mask from it, too. At least this one looks small enough to store with the other movies on a shelf.

Do I have to turn in my LEGO VIP card and give up my membership to LEGO websites if I admit I haven't seen this movie, yet? I ended up ordering the blasted Everything is Awesome edition from Amazon, and I'm looking forward to seeing it next month.
Last edited by sparkart on Mon May 19, 2014 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sparkart

Postby onions » Mon May 19, 2014 2:29 am

you can keep your vip card. you'll just have to give up all your lego. all you can keep is one copy of 30300.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby banthafodder » Mon May 19, 2014 6:30 am

I'll be sending you the address shortly for which you are to ship all of your Lego. Once you watch the movie your lego may be returned though not likely. Thank you for your cooperation.
banthafodder

Postby Gooker1 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:27 am

I'm just gonna wait til it hit stores and pre-order for store pickup.
Gooker1

Postby danzibar » Wed May 21, 2014 4:36 pm

On the Target info only items marked as "spend $50 get free shipping" are eligible. I went to preorder earlier today and came upon that stumbling block. I would definitely recommend having a REDcard since most Lego sets under $25 do not qualify for the "spend $50" requirement, curiously enough a lot of sets over $40 don't qualify either. I ended up having a friend order it since they have a REDcard.
danzibar

Postby WillyWampa » Thu May 22, 2014 5:39 am

sparkart wrote:Do I have to turn in my LEGO VIP card and give up my membership to LEGO websites if I admit I haven't seen this movie, yet? I ended up ordering the blasted Everything is Awesome edition from Amazon, and I'm looking forward to seeing it next month.

Don't feel too bad. I'm an extreme LEGO fan and haven't seen the movie yet either. There just wasn't time when it was in the theaters locally and I don't feel like driving a couple of hours to a larger center where it had a longer run.

People who know of my Lego addiction are surprised to hear that I haven't seen it. I explain it by stating that I was waiting for the DVD so that I could watch it frame by frame in obsessive compulsive detail. :D
WillyWampa

Next

Return to Finds/Deals