Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy

Postby hatcher » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:11 pm

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Re: LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy

Postby dWhisper » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:07 am

So... much... what is this I feel? Is this joy? It might be joy! Kinda burns a little...

Actually, there had been rumors, and sadly, still mostly rumors as for the content, but you just gotta love the promise of it. It's possible the sets could be as lame as the Iron Man 3 stuff, but given the subject matter, should have more cool things going on (and 100% less lawnmower).

That being said, I doubt that Raccoon figure is what we'll get, since these are movie tie-ins, and his movie outfit looks nothing like that.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby CaptainFordo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:13 am

Mmm, all outfits in the game were comic-based.

Personally I'm not that excited about them, since I would've preferred new X-men sets (ideally with Cyclops) but it's good to know that Marvel is putting its weight behind GOTG. I think it will be a fun movie.
CaptainFordo

Postby Grant » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:02 pm

Out of curiosity (I'm just getting back into Lego now that I'm an Uncle [or at least that's how I justify it]), what time of year are new sets generally made available? Or more specifically, do you expect this to be a spring, summer, or fall release?
Grant

Postby CaptainFordo » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:46 am

Grant wrote:Out of curiosity (I'm just getting back into Lego now that I'm an Uncle [or at least that's how I justify it]), what time of year are new sets generally made available? Or more specifically, do you expect this to be a spring, summer, or fall release?

Generally tends to be two releases for Marvel/DC stuff, Early start of the year and then mid-Summer. This year it's March and June basically, so the GOTG and X-men sets will hit shelves in June. No exact date as yet though.

Eurobricks recently got some hi-res shots of these sets as they've become available for pre-order on some Amazon sites, including Amazon.co.uk (where they still bear their generic "Marvel 1" "X-men 1" names.
CaptainFordo

Return to Licensed Themes