Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

71005 The Simpsons Revealed

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

71005 The Simpsons Revealed

Postby Staff » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:50 am

71005_All Minifigures

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of The Simpsons LEGO, along with Twentieth Century FOX Consumer Products, just revealed the collection of 16 licensed LEGO Minifigures inspired by the TV series! This series is number 13 in the Collectible Minifigure line for those of you keeping track at home. Priced at $3.99 each, a full 33% increase, they will be available starting in May. A special episode of The Simpsons will air on May 4th in conjunction with the release of the line.

LEGO could probably dedicate more CMF series to The Simpsons and still barely scratch the surface of the Springfield residents. Plus, all the variants they could be making? I mean come on. What do I have to do to get Muumuu Homer here?

71005_1to1_Scratchy 71005_1to1_Ralph Wiggum 71005_1to1_Nelson Muntz 71005_1to1_Ned Flanders 71005_1to1_Mr. Burns 71005_1to1_Millhouse 71005_1to1_Marge Simpson 71005_1to1_Maggie Simpson 71005_1to1_Lisa Simpson 71005_1to1_Krusty the Clown 71005_1to1_Itchy 71005_1to1_Homer Simpson 71005_1to1_Grandpa 71005_1to1_Chief Wiggum 71005_1to1_Bart Simpson 71005_1to1_Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/03/26/71005-the-simpsons-revealed/
Staff

Re: 71005 The Simpsons Revealed

Postby dWhisper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:03 am

$4 a pop is still high, but I suppose in the grand scheme no more crazy than what I've paid for some of the CMF stuff at $3 for fewer "decent" figures. And if this release serves as a good barometer for getting CMF lines for Marvel, Star Wars, etc (let them work out the licensing now that all of that is in Disney's hand), I guess it's buying it.

There are actually some decent things in there, even when none of the figures really shine to me (the lack of Moe, Barney, Lenny, Carl, Skinner, and a whole mess of other semi-regulars stand out), there are some nice points in there. Apu is probably the one I just want a bunch of for that Squishee Cup. Printed sleeves on Bart, Homer, Millhouse, and Nelson are potentially huge. New pie with Krusty, three-headed fish bowl, and polo shirt torso printing are all good as well. All of the printed tiles also are good (especially the donut and remote with homer).

The only one that bugs me is Lisa, since she has the wrong saxophone. That's an alto, and she plays a baritone...
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby onions » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:15 am

friggin ralph wiggum. i honestly didn't think he was popular enough to make the cut.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:22 am

These are extremely well done. They rival the Playmates line w/ regards to the quality of the head sculpts.

Just sign me up for every one they make. :)
Gooker1

Postby dWhisper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:23 am

Ralph is more popular than Itchy, Scratchy, Nelson, and Police Chief Wiggum. Also, having Burns without Smithers just feels wrong
dWhisper

Postby hatcher » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:26 am

Chief Wiggum is an epic fail. Wiggum is the fattest man in Springfield. The figure looks just aweful due to the massive head on the regular body. The other really fat character like Nelson, Ralph, Homer and Bart aren't quite as bad, but that still look a bit off.

I will be getting Mr Burns, as he's always been one of my favourite characters, and his suit and accessories are great. Blinky!

Excellent!
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby gomek » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:57 am

Also are we sure this is series 13? The Lego Movie series never said it was Series 12, and I kind of assumed these were one off series, similar to the Great Britain Olympic series.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next series after Simpsons was series 12.

And being a Simpson's fan, it does feel like another 16 are in order at some point in the future. As happy as I am about this, the selection does feel a little incomplete. Blinky is a nice surprise though.
gomek

Postby gomek » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:02 am

hatcher wrote:Chief Wiggum is an epic fail. Wiggum is the fattest man in Springfield. The figure looks just aweful due to the massive head on the regular body.

Not sure I'd call it an epic fail, but I do sort of agree that the Chief Wiggum figure looks a little odd.
gomek

Postby murphquake » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:31 am

not only is this not series 12 or series 13, but the prelim box image for s12 leaked a while back, confirming that just like team gb these are standalone not part of the numbered series...

I would have liked some new accessory molds, not just recolors, but the figs themselves make me happy... i was a simpsons fan as a kid and watch about twice a year still, everyone is recognizable and they all look decent, some great nods to the show in the accessories... I Choo Choo Choose all of them
murphquake

Postby robskot » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:20 am

So I really like that the teddy bear Maggie has appears to be Bobo.
Nelson shuda been given an acoustic guitar...cuz he's a superstar. Or his football getup.
I said with the house one thing that was missing was Lisa's sax. I just gave her a sax from the series 11 jazz player. If you want to get technical about it being an alto, think of it as the one Bleeding Gums gave to her.
Totally agree moe shud have been here instead of Ralph. But am ok with itchy and scratchy....think of how many episodes they've been featured in.
However, really easy for lego to keep in mind for future ref, a set for moe's tavern with Moe, Lenny, Carl and Barney.
Need a skinner and krabapple too.
I think there will be more coming. Too much easy $$$ here to just stop after this.
robskot

Postby Brainslugged » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:55 am

Does anyone know if Nancy Cartwright would benefit from these? I'm averse to paying for or watching anything that will help funnel money into $cientology.
Brainslugged

Postby onions » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:17 am

i actually wouldn't mind if they milked The SImpsons CMF line for all its worth. These would be, compared to the action figures done many years ago, much easier to obtain i would think. i think one thing that completely turns people off of collecting anything is how hard it is just to obtain them.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:19 am

Brainslugged wrote:Does anyone know if Nancy Cartwright would benefit from these? I'm averse to paying for or watching anything that will help funnel money into $cientology.

LOL - It's probably a flat licensed fee that the voice actors get from Fox and whatever products their mug is on. Soooo, yes and no? :)

Just buy it!
Gooker1

Postby dWhisper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:20 am

Brainslugged wrote:Does anyone know if Nancy Cartwright would benefit from these? I'm averse to paying for or watching anything that will help funnel money into $cientology.

Well, you're basically going to give up almost any form of entertainment, then. They're shrinking and litigious, but they're also all over hollywood.
dWhisper

Postby emmtwosix » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:58 am

Let's see....Ralph, "Choo-choo-choose" Valentine's Card, Blinky in fish bowl, Biclops comic, printed Bobo, Krusty, donut, "Old Man Yells at Cloud" newspaper, bi-colored Megaphone, Squishee (with new lid?), and Apu...pretty nice details for the first Simpsons collectable minifig wave. This might be the first series where I actually get them all.
emmtwosix

Postby rodiziorobs » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:01 pm

Suddenly I'm a Simpsons fan again...
rodiziorobs

Postby etcknight » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:59 pm

I'm pretty excited about this series. I'd much rather spend money getting all 16 ($64), than $200 on the Simpson House set (aka. tan box).

It's understandable how much these cost - given that basically each figure necessitated a new head mold.

They need a Radioactive Man and Smithers though IMO.
etcknight

Postby gomek » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:17 pm

I'm also very much rooting for these to succeed as I'm a huge fan of the CMF model, or what I would otherwise consider the 'action figure' model (the fact they are blind bags is annoying, but an acceptable trade off).

Think about how crappy collecting Kenner Star Wars action figures would have been if you could only get figures in $20, $50 and $100 sets, and if at the end you had multiples of 10 figures just to get a complete set of anything. I can tell you the holidays would have been a lot more disappointing when I was a kid.

They have to know a Super Hero line is in order. (Even if it means Batman #27 and Spider-man #7). I keep telling myself it's only a matter of time, but we'll see.
gomek

Postby Nicknak » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Wow... $4 each? That's just... stupid. Of course, I was willing to pay it for the movie series at Toysrus ( since everywhere else was out of them). But I'm not willing to continue paying that for these figures. Hopefully this raise in price is just for the license, and if they go back to the normal figs, then the price will go back down.

On another note though, I find it interesting that now they're going this route with the license. I may not be willing to buy the Simpsons line, but I sure would be willing to if they started this for other themes. Unlikely, but not impossible. Think how cool a superheroes series would be!
Nicknak

Postby gomek » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:03 pm

I gladly pay $12 for set I want two figures from, with every intention of giving whatever parts dump is included to my kids, so to pay $12 and get 3 figures is very much a bonus for me.
gomek

Next

Return to Licensed Themes