Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

bring back star wars

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

bring back star wars

Postby dakdogba » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:25 am

am i the only one one who misses the old, star wars page. there should be ruptions in Government. this is a national crisis. fbtb is dead. unless this is an april fools day hoax (wehich i hopoe) if no, you deserve a kick in the face
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
dakdogba

Re: bring back star wars

Postby Joedward » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:33 am

dakdogba wrote:am i the only one one who misses the old, star wars page?

Yes, why yes you are.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Firespray » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:34 am

FBTB isn't dead, it's just been made better.
Firespray

Postby Chief » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:34 am

I'm hesitant about this, but probably the best way to get us to change our minds is to start an internet petition. If you can get 1138 signatures by the end of the day, we'll switch back.
Chief

Postby Solo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:35 am

I can agree to that Ry.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:37 am

I'm waiting for tomorrow before I consider any further action.

If all you want to do is see the old star wars page you simply have to know (or guess) that it is forum number 8. This (Suggestions) is forum number 18. Go up a level and look at the address bar of your browser. ;)

Unfortunately somebody has even gone to the bother of locking the Star Wars forum. :O
Gingerbeard Man

Postby yankeeken » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:45 am

Witch! The witch is using magic to access and change FBTB's forum archives. We must burn the witch.
yankeeken

Postby infallible » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:06 pm

No way. Star Wars is totally past it, and FBTB is smart for switching to Power Miners, which is the future of the LEGO hobby. I think that the PTB of FBTB see the writing on the wall and are smartly switching focus now, rather than being followers.

Good work, FBTB, keep on drilling!
infallible

Postby theJudeAbides » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:02 pm

dakdogba wrote:am i the only one one who misses the old, star wars page.

I've never really understood what people thought was so great about Star Wars. All it is is a bunch of long-haired hippies running around with their glowsticks and prattling on and on about their new-age mysticism crap.

Power Miners, on the other hand, feature Real Men doing Real Work mining through rock and dirt in pursuit of the good old fashioned dollar. Now that's something I can get behind. ;)
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Solo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:15 pm

Dirty men workin for hard cash is something you like to "get behind" eh? ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Chief » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:22 pm

I heard Mike Rowe was doing an upcoming episode of Dirty Jobs where he spends a day with the Power Miners. I've never seen him clean out a dianoga-infected trash compacter or anything. In your face, Star Wars!
Chief

Postby meeotch » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:40 pm

lol @ this thread. I give it, oh, let's say a day before the power(miner)s that be change their minds again... ;)
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby bigkid24 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm actually digging the change. Down with Star Wars! Long live Power Miners!

Oh but the banner seems kind of tame compared to the old Anakin decapitating Dooku.
bigkid24

Postby Chief » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:19 pm

bigkid24 wrote:I'm actually digging the change. Down with Star Wars! Long live Power Miners!

Oh but the banner seems kind of tame compared to the old Anakin decapitating Dooku.

First it's too violent, now it's too tame: you people need to make up your minds!
Chief

Postby Teekay » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:41 pm

Hmm... I'm definately going to believe that this is not a prank. XD I'm going to completely ignore the fact that today is April Fool's Day! WOOOOOOO!!!! XD

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby CaptMaarek » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:05 pm

I love what they've done with the place.

The only oddity I noticed is the date says it's April 2 now... but great job!
>-< CaptMaarek >-<
CaptMaarek

Postby drsherpa » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:06 pm

if this is not a prank, (which i know it is) i will totally start or join another star wars lego website!! this had better be a prank!!!!!
<<Do Work Son!!>>
drsherpa

Postby Teekay » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:07 pm

CaptMaarek wrote:The only oddity I noticed is the date says it's April 2 now... but great job!

Well, edit your UCP so that the time and date is correct. For me it is still April 1.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby RocketSeason » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:15 pm

Listen. The movies are through, the first season of the cartoon is over and the second isn't coming for a while. Get over it already! And while your at it, get on board the Power Miners train!
RocketSeason

Postby enigmapc » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:20 pm

I am still recovering from the shock, but here's my $0.02.

I understand the move away from SW. But why Power Miner's? Why not trains? Why not castle? Why not Pirates? They have just as much, if not more, viability than Power Miner's. Without research, just experience, I would venture to predict Power Miner's to be around for about a year or two and then fizzle out like other themes (ie: Mission to Mars, KK2, Harry Potter, ect). Why not dedicate the site to Lego. RTB is not as much of a deciding factor of FBTB popularity with Power Miner's since, I believe, there are not nearly as many fans of Power Miner's as there is LSW fans who scower the net for leaked info, but I am a member here because I enjoy the Lego community that lives here. Yeah, we can discuss all those themes still, but now the site is inundated with Power Miner's. Why not dedicate the site to Lego. If we are going to change, let's change to accomodate all Lego afficionados. Just my $0.02.
enigmapc

Next

Return to Suggestions